IGNORED

Golf Ball Logos

fishgolf
Note: This thread is 2191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm an admitted ball hound.  That is to say that when able to do so without holding up play, I keep my eyes peeled for lost balls.  Over the years, I've come across some pretty unique logos, but none as cool as my Slazenger with a C5 Lockheed Galaxy on it.  I was flight crew on C5's during my Air Force days and found this ball while playing at Fort Lewis in WA.  My next favorite is the Titleist with Clint Eastwood's name on it.  This was found in the icicle plant at a small course near Fort Ord while playing with my FIL. My FIL had heard Clint often plays the course and when we asked about it at the pro shop, they said that was fact. 

What unique logo's have you found over the years?

golf balls.png

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Just now, fishgolf said:

I'm an admitted ball hound.  That is to say that when able to do so without holding up play, I keep my eyes peeled for lost balls.  Over the years, I've come across some pretty unique logos, but none as cool as my Slazenger with a C5 Lockheed Galaxy on it.  I was flight crew on C5's during my Air Force days and found this ball while playing at Fort Lewis in WA.  My next favorite is the Titleist with Clint Eastwood's name on it.  This was found in the icicle plant at a small course near Fort Ord while playing with my FIL. My FIL had heard Clint often plays the course and when we asked about it at the pro shop, they said that was fact. 

What unique logo's have you found over the years?

golf balls.png

Flipping heck, i had to look twice at the Clint Eastwood ball. The light is in just the wrong place and at a glance it doesnt look like an L and an I :-D. I may just have a childish mind!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I buy my balls used (mint at half price or so) and some have logos on them. I mostly ignore them, but one ProV1x has the Masters logo on it and has me intrigued.

Anything particularly meaningful or can anyone wandering in the merchandise tent during Masters week can pick some up, play them and promptly hit them out of play to later be retrieved by a salvaging company?

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Michigan ball.jpg

I can dig it. Haven't found any with cool logos yet, but I got out for a round on a nice day in January and the pro shop cashier gave me a free golf course logo golf ball to shut the gate for the course after we left. It was a slow day and he was looking to leave ASAP. Closed his mailbox for him too, free of charge.

Edited by Pepsivanilla93

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

• Administrator

I have maybe between 800 and maybe 1200 logo golf balls. I try not to keep any duplicates, but I'm sure I have a few.

I should consolidate them. About 100 are in a bucket outside, and many elsewhere, with the bulk in a tub in the basement.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

I have maybe between 800 and maybe 1200 logo golf balls. I try not to keep any duplicates, but I'm sure I have a few.

I should consolidate them. About 100 are in a bucket outside, and many elsewhere, with the bulk in a tub in the basement.

Wow, that's quite a collection.  Any that you found particularly unique?  What with all the company/business consolidation and renaming in recent years, one would think some logos would be quite rare.

A quick search about golf ball collecting yielded this article.  I wonder if Dick Falenski is a TST's member?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2365169/Golf-fanatic-spends-50-years-amassing-worlds-biggest-collection-balls-keeps-36-000-home-FAIRWAY-DRIVE.html

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I once found a ball labeled "Stolen from Murphy's Driving Range." 

Top-Flite once had a model called "Straight Distance." I found many of them in the woods and water hazards. 

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Rocketballz (non-adjustable), 10.5 degrees, stock graphite shaft R flex
Hybrids: Kasco, 17 and 25 degrees, stock graphite shafts
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged, 4-PW, graphite shafts R, 2 degrees upright
Wedges: TaylorMade Black Oxide, 52, 56, and 60 degrees, graphite shafts
Putter: Rife Barbados w/SuperStroke grip 
Ball: Bridgestone RXS

Note: This thread is 2191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!