IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Zeph said:

He seems eager to give back that shot and then some on 12.

He may have changed his mind?  Putt coming up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seems so. Great recover shot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3-3-4 for three holes, so now 54 and 59 watch are out in the window in favor of 60 watch. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I agree, could not get close to players at practice range. Half of it was like watching home plate from the seats in front of third base. Some tee boxes, no access. The course is not great logistically speaking. Stretching out the holes, they cross each other which makes for weird routing. Don't even get me started on transportation.

Did they show Justin Thomas' 420 yard drive yesterday? That's worth replaying.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Did they show Justin Thomas' 420 yard drive yesterday? That's worth replaying.

I guess he'll just have to hit a 420 yard drive again today. 

Third GIR out of 4 for Tiger.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Oh my gwad Dufner

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Okay Tiger, don't three putt that tap-in... good.  Nice par. 

Huh, everyone in this group has a birdie, even though I was informed that only #5 was a birdie hole.  ;-) 

Keep it going group.  Would be nice if Tiger could complete the no-5s (or worse) challenge today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I'm surprised Tiger doesn't just take an AK grip on his driver and use that instead of a 3-wood off the tee.  It's clear he could use the forgiveness that the driver has on some of these shots. (re: 14th hole tee shot)

Tiger breaking out the blue paint for his third shot, I wish I had poor shots that good, I'd be a lot better. 

There goes the no-5s challenge :-( 

-- Michael | My swing! 

9 hours ago, Shorty said:

You know, most people here are golf fans. I honestly don't think there are that many fanboys or fangirls of any player. I just don't see it. But, feel free to keep digging. You don't even know how the media works. Players are interviewed. They say stuff. You're the one making up stories.

You're kidding aren't you???? This place is Tiger's main fan club, there's even pictures of him in the executive washroom..

But to be honest I can't recall him pulling a John Daly and walking off the course during or after a lousy round. Even if he shoots 80 today he'll man up and admit that he just didn't play good.

Live from the doghouse.

Nice bunker shot Tiger.  Save that par.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Some rain might make it easier to hold greens and go for flags.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Featured group doesn't have shottracker? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Watching the live stream and it looks like they're playing in Ireland.  Also, what's with the inability to keep the cameras clean - must be a rookie crew.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

USOpen.com commentators just said "broadcasting in 4K". The stream looks pretty sharp, but not sure if 4K refers to Directtv or stream.

Steve

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!