IGNORED

Lexi Thompson Steps Away from the Game to Recharge

iacas

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Oh I agree. I’m just saying it’s two holes to go. Hit them with the fine and tell them afterwards they’re ridiculous and never do it again. But let them play out the two holes.

They did. They were fined afterward.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

They did. They were fined afterward.

Yes. I’m saying it’s not really worth it to put them on the clock for the last two holes of a major. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yes. I’m saying it’s not really worth it to put them on the clock for the last two holes of a major. 

Except it is.

Because the fairest rules are applied that way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Except it is.

Because the fairest rules are applied that way.

Agree. A rule is a rule and should be applied regardless of circumstance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Hit them with the fine and tell them afterwards they’re ridiculous and never do it again.

But you know they will. They won’t change until something severe enough gets their attention.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 6/27/2022 at 12:21 PM, Sandy Divot said:

I get it, but why wouldn’t they hit her with a penalty on the course rather than a fine after the round? 

Probably because they aren't ready to alter the outcome of a tournament, especially a major, with a ruling like that.  Admittedly Lexi still managed to lose, but if they had given her a stroke penalty, people would have said she lost because of that

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

The rule is pretty clear for LPGA, the application not so much. The penalty would only have been fair at that point if it was applied to all violators the same way.

And LPGA made the best decision for their associations image in not applying penalties. The backlash would have been incredible. Reasonable leadership know you don’t go nuclear like that on a major stage when you are trying to grow your product.

The LPGA has been more progressive than PGA Tour in dealing with slow play anyways.