IGNORED

Lexi Thompson Steps Away from the Game to Recharge

iacas

4 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Because she said ‘I need to work on myself’ which gives room for speculation.

Sure, but it would be foolish to go off the rails on wild claims with out supporting evidence. I wouldn't put this more than her being burned out.

It's a tad annoying when people develop wild ideas about what people are doing, because they tend to gain steam and be defaming. Look how popular the tabloids are. Nothing but garbage, but people eat up those stories and take them as fact.

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Sure, but it would be foolish to go off the rails on wild claims with out supporting evidence. I wouldn't put this more than her being burned out.

It's a tad annoying when people develop wild ideas about what people are doing, because they tend to gain steam and be defaming. Look how popular the tabloids are. Nothing but garbage, but people eat up those stories and take them as fact.

I really don't care what she doing or why. I hate gossip bs and my speculation was purely in jest, mostly because I find

Maybe she is what she says she is. Idk maybe this is a girl social media thing to make a statement like this, but it is really a good way to get people to wonder about you. If she just wasn't at some tournaments, not much might be said. If questioned, she could easily say, "I don't feel my game is where I want it to be for (x events) right now and want to work on it for the (insert next important event)." Lexi's post just reeks of wanting people to ask what is wrong (i.e. attention). Since this is predominately a male forum, and men are mostly stymied by this statement because we collectively don't make statements like this. If we do, we are like, "wth is up with that guy."

I don't really follow instagram or twitter, so the fact that she is not posting or posting different stuff may cause people to notice. You @saevel25 would probably know better than I would. Seems like if people don't post, there is enough other stuff to see but then there are people paid to watch these star's accounts.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Maybe she is what she says she is. Idk maybe this is a girl social media thing to make a statement like this, but it is really a good way to get people to wonder about you. If she just wasn't at some tournaments, not much might be said.

Oh come on… if she didn't show up for a major without any sort of information, speculation would be HUGE (relatively speaking). She's one of the top names in the women's game. People would notice.

As it is, she put out information and announced it. For most people, that's enough. It quashes the speculation.

The opposite of what you said is much closer to true than what you said.

20 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

If questioned, she could easily say, "I don't feel my game is where I want it to be for (x events) right now and want to work on it for the (insert next important event)." Lexi's post just reeks of wanting people to ask what is wrong (i.e. attention).

I don't take it that way. I take it at face value: she answered my questions. She's mentally and emotionally exhausted and needs to re-charge. Those are all words she used.

She's in the public eye, so of course she's going to "get attention." But that's also why she couldn't just "not show up" at some big events.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh come on… if she didn't show up for a major without any sort of information, speculation would be HUGE (relatively speaking). She's one of the top names in the women's game. People would notice.

As it is, she put out information and announced it. For most people, that's enough. It quashes the speculation.

I agree with the major. Honestly the first thought I had about her post was, "is this similar to "Dustin Johnson?" but that was as far as it goes, moving on. I wouldn't have noticed that she wasn't at a major but I know it would be a story.

18 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I agree with the major. Honestly the first thought I had about her post was, "is this similar to "Dustin Johnson?" but that was as far as it goes, moving on. I wouldn't have noticed that she wasn't at a major but I know it would be a story.

That was my first thought too.  Since reading the conversation here, though, I realize I should be taking her comments at face value and do not believe there's anything untoward going on.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Shindig said:

That was my first thought too.  Since reading the conversation here, though, I realize I should be taking her comments at face value and do not believe there's anything untoward going on.  

Dustin Johnson had a reputation at the time. Lexi does not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Dustin Johnson had a reputation at the time. Lexi does not.

Yes, I should have been more clear:  my initial reaction was irresponsible of me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Try to always take someone at their word.  Else it's just a bunch of gossipy church ladies or bullies talking.

Giving this 23 year old child a break, her mom has cancer...

Bill - 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Yeah it’s gotta be rough. I think she’s really struggling with an internal battle with her own integrity and moral virtue. She knows she’s a good person. But the guilt from the ball marking incident has taken its toll. She knows she’s a cheater and is trying to cope with that. It’s the Peter Brady syndrome. When Peter broke the vase but still accepted gifts and took the praise of being the only one to not say it was him as the others tried to protect him. She’s a fraud and needs to come clean and clear her conscience. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

38 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah it’s gotta be rough. I think she’s really struggling with an internal battle with her own integrity and moral virtue. She knows she’s a good person. But the guilt from the ball marking incident has taken its toll. She knows she’s a cheater and is trying to cope with that. It’s the Peter Brady syndrome. When Peter broke the vase but still accepted gifts and took the praise of being the only one to not say it was him as the others tried to protect him. She’s a fraud and needs to come clean and clear her conscience. 

Good grief

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

21 minutes ago, jamo said:

Good grief

Yeah I know. But much more interesting than ‘more rest.’ 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I feel her pain. I flubbed a chip in front of some playing partners and none of them could look me in the eye. I kinda felt like crying... 

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I feel her pain. I flubbed a chip in front of some playing partners and none of them could look me in the eye. I kinda felt like crying... 

Nothing creates more pain and utter humiliation  than a shank. I did whiff a fw bunker shot once. Not sure if was that or the way my playing partners stood there and said absolutely....nothing. I would’ve rather them laugh.

So a 20 something is dealing with identity + emotional distress. Half the population has dealt with it at some level  She will be fine eventually, but she flubbed the chip because she's cheat?? Its a syndrome?? Hah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

So a 20 something is dealing with identity + emotional distress. Half the population has dealt with it at some level  She will be fine eventually, but she flubbed the chip because she's cheat?? Its a syndrome?? Hah.

Pretty silly deduction. No. The flub has nothing to do with it. Identity and emotional distress could be due to what I said. Sure it's possible it's absolutely wrong. But Lexi didn't show much class in how she handled that incident and she's been a bit out of sorts ever since. And yes, I realize other things have happened to her that could be the cause of all this. But I stand by the fact that she never owned up to her cheating move and maintained the 'whoa is me' all throughout.

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Pretty silly deduction. No. The flub has nothing to do with it. Identity and emotional distress could be due to what I said. Sure it's possible it's absolutely wrong. But Lexi didn't show much class in how she handled that incident and she's been a bit out of sorts ever since. And yes, I realize other things have happened to her that could be the cause of all this. But I stand by the fact that she never owned up to her cheating move and maintained the 'whoa is me' all throughout.

In my experience cheats who never own up are pretty hardy. They sleep just fine. It takes a semblence of class to be conflicted in the first place. 

I see her more as Michelle Wie who may be a bit lost in her direction because of onset of adulthood + independence, whatever and maybe, just maybe the incidence might have triggered what was brewing anyway. 

I just don't think one incidence is at the root of turning her life into a Shakespearian tragedy. For all we know, she just hasn't been practicing much.

Vishal S.