IGNORED

Club Car Tempo Walk

Note: This thread is 1862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have my pro looking at this at the PGA show this week.  Like the golf board, not sure if I would trust everyone with this at my course, but I would love it.  We actually had a guy who made himself one of these 30 years ago and used it all the time, it was great.  Not sure if he ever got a patent on it, he died several years ago.  Surprised it took this long to mass market.

Club-Car-Logo-Color-PNG.png

Meet Club Car's autonomous, hands-free caddie designed to make walking your round more fun: Tempo Walk.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I played at one course all of the time, that is something I would consider.   @iacas reviewed a similar product earlier I believe.   Pretty cool tech. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have seen motorized trolleys that are "tethered" to the player.  They're pretty cool, but not worth the cost to me.  Here's one example:

X9_Follow_-_black_-_med_Res_medium.jpg?v

The X9 Follow is the latest generation of the multi-award winning X-Series from Stewart Golf. Originally launched in 2003 as the X1 Remote, the X-Series is recognized as one of the worlds finest golf carts, every one built...

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I have seen motorized trolleys that are "tethered" to the player.  They're pretty cool, but not worth the cost to me.  Here's one example:

Ditto, not worth it. Plus I'd be constantly worried about it, behind me, especially on parts of the course near greens, bunkers, heavily wooded areas (a walk from green to tee), creeks/ponds…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The X9 Follow is the latest generation of the multi-award winning X-Series from Stewart...

Several people at my course have battery powered cart, the problem for me is I have a small car so my clubs go in the trunk and my Sun Mountain speed cart in the back seat.  Don't want to deal with a heavy cart in that setup.

Rob Tyska

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, RemyM said:

Several people at my course have battery powered cart, the problem for me is I have a small car so my clubs go in the trunk and my Sun Mountain speed cart in the back seat.  Don't want to deal with a heavy cart in that setup.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/qod_electric_golf_cart_review

This one's tiny.

qod_cart_hero.png

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had a battery powered, wireless trolley that I used off, and on for a couple of years. I purchased it as a "clearance" item at a "going out of business" sale. 

I liked it, but eventually it became to much work to load, and unload it, which lead me to part ways with it. It was pretty heavy.

During my golf travels, I have occassionally rented something similar to the OP's pictured item. It's a fun perk.  

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

54 minutes ago, RemyM said:

@iacas is absolutely right, the QOD will fold up smaller, than your Sun Mountain.  From the respective websites:

Sun Mountain   37 x 16 x 13

QOD                  13 x 17.5 x 14.5

The QOD is about 25 pounds without the battery (5 pounds), as compared to 18 pounds for the Sun Mountain.  

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

There are a couple of things that concern me about the QOD. When it folds, and unfolds the front wheels have to be extended and contracted. I'm a bit afraid that the more moving parts, the more potential for problems. Also, even when it is unfolded, the footprint seems smaller than a lot of other carts. This has me a bit worried about the stability vs carts with a wider wheelbase. A guy at my course just picked one up. I'll have to talk with him after he's used it for a bit.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

There are a couple of things that concern me about the QOD. When it folds, and unfolds the front wheels have to be extended and contracted. I'm a bit afraid that the more moving parts, the more potential for problems. Also, even when it is unfolded, the footprint seems smaller than a lot of other carts. This has me a bit worried about the stability vs carts with a wider wheelbase. A guy at my course just picked one up. I'll have to talk with him after he's used it for a bit.

It's a bit smaller, and I am not worried about the potential for problems. The mechanisms are solid and simple - you can view a video to see this, too, or look at your friend's cart.

I loved it:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/qod_electric_golf_cart_review

So did @DaveP043:

I see the young lady in the review is using a Sun Mountain carry bag. I have an old Powacaddy, and tried a Kangaroo, and my carry bag moved all over the place on those. Does the carry bag stay in place on the QOD?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

I see the young lady in the review is using a Sun Mountain carry bag. I have an old Powacaddy, and tried a Kangaroo, and my carry bag moved all over the place on those. Does the carry bag stay in place on the QOD?

My daughter, and yes, it's pretty darn secure. I've never had a problem with it shifting much at all.

21 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Read the review that @iacas wrote, and ask me any questions that you have.  With the narrower wheels at the read, it takes a little getting used to.  Its a little bit tippy when you lift the front wheels to turn it, especially on a slope..  But remember, this is meant to be controlled by the panel on the machine, so you're never likely to be far away.  

As for durability, after about 3 months of active use, I see no reason to be concerned.  Obviously I may find out different after a year or two, but the quality of both design and construction appear to be very solid so far.

I use a Ping Hoofer, and the bag stays pretty stable in its "cradle".  It does tend to twist a little, but that hasn't been an issue as far as how it functions.  

Dave

(edited)
On 1/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, DaveP043 said:

The X9 Follow is the latest generation of the multi-award winning X-Series from Stewart Golf. Originally launched in 2003 as the X1 Remote, the X-Series is recognized as one of the worlds finest golf carts, every one built...

For $3,000 I'd have to play 200 rounds a year to justify the investment.  Kind of like people that buy their own riding golf cart then pay a trail fee equal to the cost of renting unlimited carts from the club.  Doesn't make sense.

Maybe when I retire, but then Pinehurst would have to change their policy on no push carts.  They maybe softening as they are letting them on course 4 on a limited trial.

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Nice, but on the pricey side.

Edited by RemyM

Rob Tyska

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RemyM said:

For $3,000 I'd have to play 200 rounds a year to justify the investment.

That's for one year. You wouldn't own the device for just one year.

Plus, it's about more than $. You're getting to walk - without pushing or carrying - when you play.

1 hour ago, RemyM said:

Kind of like people that buy their own riding golf cart then pay a trail fee equal to the cost of renting unlimited carts from the club.  Doesn't make sense.

But most trail fees are significantly less than the cost of "unlimited carts."

1 hour ago, RemyM said:

Nice, but on the pricey side.

< $1,000? For an electric cart?

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

But most trail fees are significantly less than the cost of "unlimited carts."

You'd be surprised.  Last time I checked at Pinehurst the trail fee was $1,950 a year and unlimited carts were $2,000 single or $3,000 for a couple.

At Whispering Pines unlimited carts are $125 a month, trial fee is $107.

Rob Tyska

Note: This thread is 1862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!