IGNORED

Electric Push Carts - 2019 Edition

Note: This thread is 1546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the latest versions of electric push carts? I've heard horror stories about older models; batteries burning out or difficulties controlling them. But I'm thinking/wondering about the latest models, specifically the one's that don't cost over a $1000.

The reason? I had an opportunity to play a round at Baltusrol at the end of last summer...a classy joint, as they say. It's a walking only course with caddies and I had a terrific time mostly. The caddies were great (2/foursome) and I couldn't believe how much energy I had at the end of the day. I could have played another 18. Usually at the end of an 18 hole walking round with a pushcart I'm ready for a nap so I'm theorizing that with an electric trolley, or whatever they're called, I wouldn't be so wiped out.

Whatever happened with QOD? I thought there was going to be a TST review but when I do a Google search it looks like their website shut down.

Any real life experiences/recommendations?

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

2 hours ago, xrayvizhen said:

Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the latest versions of electric push carts? I've heard horror stories about older models; batteries burning out or difficulties controlling them. But I'm thinking/wondering about the latest models, specifically the one's that don't cost over a $1000.

The reason? I had an opportunity to play a round at Baltusrol at the end of last summer...a classy joint, as they say. It's a walking only course with caddies and I had a terrific time mostly. The caddies were great (2/foursome) and I couldn't believe how much energy I had at the end of the day. I could have played another 18. Usually at the end of an 18 hole walking round with a pushcart I'm ready for a nap so I'm theorizing that with an electric trolley, or whatever they're called, I wouldn't be so wiped out.

Whatever happened with QOD? I thought there was going to be a TST review but when I do a Google search it looks like their website shut down.

The website is working, but it says they are out of stock.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, xrayvizhen said:

Where are you searching?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/qod_electric_golf_cart_review

Electric Golf Caddy 2018 by QOD GOLF USA. Motorized golf push cart is smallest electric golf trolley for sale in USA. Electric golf caddy cart and lithium battery is backed by best warranty on any motorized golf push cart...

https://qodgolfusa.com

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, xrayvizhen said:

I'd also be keen to get the group's review of electric push carts.  I'm looking to buy in the next few months for the start of the new season and will probably look at either Motocaddy or Powacaddy - but I'd be interested in others.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 10:36 AM, NSC said:

I'd also be keen to get the group's review of electric push carts.  I'm looking to buy in the next few months for the start of the new season and will probably look at either Motocaddy or Powacaddy - but I'd be interested in others.

I bought a Powakaddy C2 Compact. It has the tendency to want to tip over on uneven courses (all courses).

When it tips, as most weight is at the head, the impact of the handle hitting the ground, causes the connecting lugs on the main bracket to shear off. They are plastic and I believe should be steel. 

Powakaddy repaired the trolley under warranty which was fine.

However, when the same thing happened again to the same component, leaving me stranded on a course, although they again repaired it, I have refused to accept it back.

Powakaddy and I are in a little bit of limbo land at the moment and I'm going to be the loser.

I am claiming the design is not fit for purpose as you would expect it to withstand a tipple over and not smash.

They are saying they are so happy with the design that they're bringing out a GPS version.

I won't accept it as I would be too worried out on the course that it will fall over and break. I have arthritis in the hip so can't lug a bag around. I would have to leave the lot where it fell and ask someone to retrieve it for me. Not the best situation.

The Freeway models are better but my advice would be to steer clear of the C2 Compact.

Just a quick note, I see that the QOD trolleys are back in stock and will be shipping in a week or two, and at a price a bit lower than what I paid last fall.  After getting a few more rounds in this spring, I can still highly recommend the QOD.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Manchester said:

I bought a Powakaddy C2 Compact. It has the tendency to want to tip over on uneven courses (all courses).

When it tips, as most weight is at the head, the impact of the handle hitting the ground, causes the connecting lugs on the main bracket to shear off. They are plastic and I believe should be steel. 

Powakaddy repaired the trolley under warranty which was fine.

However, when the same thing happened again to the same component, leaving me stranded on a course, although they again repaired it, I have refused to accept it back.

Powakaddy and I are in a little bit of limbo land at the moment and I'm going to be the loser.

I am claiming the design is not fit for purpose as you would expect it to withstand a tipple over and not smash.

They are saying they are so happy with the design that they're bringing out a GPS version.

I won't accept it as I would be too worried out on the course that it will fall over and break. I have arthritis in the hip so can't lug a bag around. I would have to leave the lot where it fell and ask someone to retrieve it for me. Not the best situation.

The Freeway models are better but my advice would be to steer clear of the C2 Compact.

By " connecting lugs" do you mean bolts? If you do, why not just go to the hardware store and get some strengthened steel bolts of the same size and replace them? I admit that Powacaddy is the party that really should do this. but why put up with the hassle of shipping and claims and all that? If all you need are stronger components, just replace them! I've done the same on certain items and never had to look back! 

My buddy had been asking me about these, and I told him they were pretty damned pricey! 

If you already have a nice push cart you may want to take a look at the ewheels. It basically looks like a big hover board. You remove the back wheels from your cart and put on an adapter that the unit clamps on to. I recently got one and loves  mine. They retail for $600, but I got mine at budget golf with a 20% off coupon so it was only $500. 

Edited by Slowcelica

I have an ewheels with a Rovic cart. Had it just over a year now but have had a bit of trouble with it. It did get sent back to the Canadian distributor under warranty after about 100 rounds and they supposedly repaired it, but used it a dozen times since getting it back and it's acting up again about 4 or 5 times, so don't know if it's an isolated issue with just my unit.  I think they should just replace my power unit as the repair obviously didn't take care of it. Very happy with it when it's working but not so much when I have to turn it off so I can push it. 

Update to my ewheels issue. I talked to the distributor and they were very helpful, they agreed that I shouldn't be having grief with the unit.  They are sending me a replacement. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, SteveH said:

Update to my ewheels issue. I talked to the distributor and they were very helpful, they agreed that I shouldn't be having grief with the unit.  They are sending me a replacement. 

That's good to hear, nice to know they are standing behind their product.

Does anyone know how many ours these tgings are active?

Titleist 681 TT DG X100: 2 (2° weak) 4-9

Some Vokey SM wedges: 49°, 55°, 59° (bent 1°)

Callaway XR Pro 1w+3w/Titleist 975D

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Vega said:

Does anyone know how many ours these tgings are active?

Yes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes.

Cheers mate. Then I got my answer!

Cheers

Titleist 681 TT DG X100: 2 (2° weak) 4-9

Some Vokey SM wedges: 49°, 55°, 59° (bent 1°)

Callaway XR Pro 1w+3w/Titleist 975D

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Vega said:

Cheers mate. Then I got my answer!

Cheers

Point being you'd have to be specific about which cart you're talking about, and… you could look at the manufacturer's website.

• 4 months later...

I got a motocaddy M1 as an Xmas present from the wife.  It's been perfect.  Only option is the down hill decent control which is a must have in my opinion.   I've used it for 35 rounds and it has been flawless.  My walking buddy liked it so much he bought one too.  I have no complaints, and it is light years better than my previous push cart. I'm strong for the whole 18 holes even when it's hot out.  I won't go bag to a push cart.  

Note: This thread is 1546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!