IGNORED

evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

iacas
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Works fine here: http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Zeph! I got in now. There was an email this morning that I had a new lesson but didn't manage to download it before heading out to the course. I got it now though so it's all good, if no one else had any trouble getting in there must have been problems at my end :)

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

• 4 months later...

Can I submit videos of my swing for evolvr swinging into a net or do I have to be at a range so the instructor can see the ball flight? With my schedule lately, I'm spending most of my time lately hitting into a net in my basement.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Can I submit videos of my swing for evolvr swinging into a net or do I have to be at a range so the instructor can see the ball flight? With my schedule lately, I'm spending most of my time lately hitting into a net in my basement.

Net works just fine as long as they can see the swing.  Camera doesn't do a great job of picking up the ball flight but do describe your typical ball flight in your notes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Net works just fine as long as they can see the swing.  Camera doesn't do a great job of picking up the ball flight but do describe your typical ball flight in your notes.

Thanks.

One more question: Can I request the instructor?

Brands I use:

• Administrator

Thanks.

One more question: Can I request the instructor?

No. We frequently trade off to get fresh perspectives. The priorities will remain the same, but sometimes a different way of saying things is helpful. We spread them around so the work load is roughly equal and thus you get the highest quality lessons possible, not an analysis by someone who did 10 others that evening.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No. We frequently trade off to get fresh perspectives. The priorities will remain the same, but sometimes a different way of saying things is helpful. We spread them around so the work load is roughly equal and thus you get the highest quality lessons possible, not an analysis by someone who did 10 others that evening.

Thank you for responding. So, does that mean that I could hypothetically get 4 different instructors per month? That could be a good thing.

Brands I use:

• Administrator
Thank you for responding. So, does that mean that I could hypothetically get 4 different instructors per month? That could be a good thing.

It's possible but not super likely. Part of the reason why is that we rarely encourage only two or three days of practice between an analysis and your next submission.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's possible but not super likely. Part of the reason why is that we rarely encourage only two or three days of practice between an analysis and your next submission.

Thanks. I was referring to taking advantage of the 4 lessons per month plan.

After waffling back and forth on this, I think I'm going to take the plunge and try it out. I'll record what I've been working (the flying wedge drill) on in the next few days and send it in. I can go from hitting great little punch shots that seem to just fly off the club face to completely shanking the ball and making the worse contact in the world. Wow, do I need a lot of help!!!!  This game is driving me completely crazy.

Brands I use:

Thanks. I was referring to taking advantage of the 4 lessons per month plan.

After waffling back and forth on this, I think I'm going to take the plunge and try it out. I'll record what I've been working (the flying wedge drill) on in the next few days and send it in. I can go from hitting great little punch shots that seem to just fly off the club face to completely shanking the ball and making the worse contact in the world. Wow, do I need a lot of help!!!!  This game is driving me completely crazy.

Good choice, you won't regret it. Lessons are brief and very much on point. Focus on the piece they give you and practice the hell out of it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't know why I have not been able to figure this out.  Does anyone know how you can save your lessons onto a mac as a regular file?  Every time I try and save one it wants to pull it up in a Safari window.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator
I don't know why I have not been able to figure this out.  Does anyone know how you can save your lessons onto a mac as a regular file?  Every time I try and save one it wants to pull it up in a Safari window.

Option click. Or "Save link as…" (whatever the wording) in the contextual menu.

Option click.

Or "Save link as…" (whatever the wording) in the contextual menu.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to keep things on point here for everyone wondering about evolvr.  It has been great this year.  I feel like I had some major breakthroughs this year in working on the swing with evolvr.  It started with just find the right way to set up to the ball, grip, and stance.  We cleaned up some things with the posture as well.  Somewhere along the way at the end of May or early June with what we were working on, the back swing piece clicked to pretty much be what I have now.  That was a huge piece that I had really wanted to have click for a long time.  From here I finally allowed myself to work on and complete a real follow through.    I had/have Key 4 and 5 issues that we pretty much have been working on since then.  We have been cleaning those up one at a time and it keeps getting better and better.  My shots now have more consistent start lines and curvature than I have ever had before.  This is with all of my clubs.  I could not be more happy with the progress we have made this year.

If you have not tried evolvr yet, it is well worth the investment.  It is a great way to take lessons.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Sounds like a good program..I'm all online lesson burned out. I have gave the golf channel swing fix a go..I learned a bunch from these. Only negative to online lessons is the importance of having the camera setup right.,and many learn better on a one on one basis. Besides that..I see a lot of good in it...just have to stay the course with it

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I just started evolvr lessons. I'm looking forward to making some positive changes....as long as I can hold out and be a good stupid monkey--something I desperately need to be!

I have a question to those who are either instructors or students: What should I do if I have a question about the lesson? Can I PM the instructor from this website or email them? I don't have a question with the last lesson, but was just wondering for future reference.

Thanks!

Brands I use:

I have a question as well.

I joined this past Sunday and uploaded 2 videos that night (3/30). I still have not have heard anything back. How long does it usually take to get feedback on the videos?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, I just started evolvr lessons. I'm looking forward to making some positive changes....as long as I can hold out and be a good stupid monkey--something I desperately need to be!  I have a question to those who are either instructors or students: What should I do if I have a question about the lesson? Can I PM the instructor from this website or email them? I don't have a question with the last lesson, but was just wondering for future reference.  Thanks!

Yes, you can email them through the Evolvr website or ask through pm here, depending on the instructor. [quote name="autiger90" url="/t/32531/evolvr-is-coming-online-swing-analysis/60#post_971148"]I have a question as well. I joined this past Sunday and uploaded 2 videos that night (3/30). I still have not have heard anything back. How long does it usually take to get feedback on the videos? Thanks for any help. [/quote]it varies, but it's usually about 4 days maybe? I've got em back in a week and I've got em back in one day, but it's usually about 4 days, I'd estimate.

Yes, you can email them through the Evolvr website or ask through pm here, depending on the instructor.

it varies, but it's usually about 4 days maybe? I've got em back in a week and I've got em back in one day, but it's usually about 4 days, I'd estimate.

Thanks!

Brands I use:

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!