IGNORED

Best Round of Life and the secret was

zackr
Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't care about golf yesterday when I went out to play. After work yesterday I decided to play a quick 18, and it turned out to be the best round of my life. Shot at +2, 73 after my previous best being 80, 2 years ago. I think I played so well because I didn't care how I did. I had a horrible GIR yesterday but my chipping and putting was amazing, mainly because I wasn't upset after a bad shot. It felt unbelievable, especially after sitting even through the front 9.

Nice round. That should really help the handicap.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Someone posted a video on here recently about why practice swings can feel better than serious ones. They ascribed it to the looseness of the muscles. With casual swings the muscles are a lot looser and more fluid. I bet that translates to casual swings/rounds as well as just practice swings.

I remember back when I shot a 105 on average, having broken 100 maybe once. I went out and played the first round by myself ever and played quickly and casually with almost no practice swings. I shot a 97, which for me was one of my better games. My scorecard was basically a string of 5s and 6s, I'd finally found some consistent playing by playing casually. Counter-intuitive.

Anyway, many congrats. Did you stay relaxed on the last 5-6 holes when it became obvious you were on course for a record score?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

plus u always play your best when nobody is around :)

good job man, thats an awesome round

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

really what happened on the last few was fatigue had set in, i had been up since 5:30 and at work since 6 and went to play at 2. Granted I know the course well, it was just a round where everything fell into place. Every drive nearly found the fairway and everything off the green seemed pin high or playing with a favorable lie. I was not by myself, I played with the course superintendent, who shot a 69, and he was impressed with how I seemed to get the favorable lies and what not.

Congratulations to an excellent round!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Great round, congratulations!

I've always said, that the brain is vastly overrated as an aid to good golf!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congrats! I recently had a couple of 79's, so I think I can relate to how you feel, but 73 is awsome! well done.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Congrats on the score man, remove the brain and get a couple of bounces and the score goes down. Add the brain and get a couple of wrong bounces the score goes up... Silly game...

I had a horrible GIR yesterday

What's GIR?

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

What's GIR?

Greens in regulation

The brain is a funny thing. The poster that was referring to the practice swings is correct. That is basically the same as when you hit a bad shot, throw a practice ball down, and hit it very good. It's because the practice ball had no consequences if it was hit bad. Just like the practice swing has no consequences. If you can learn to control your emotions on the golf course, you have stepped your game up a ton!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

HC of 14.8 and shoots +2??? Sandbagger!
Congrats!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

That is quite a score, wow. I will have to try this whole turn-your-brain-off thing. Shouldn't be too hard for me

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

HC of 14.8 and shoots +2??? Sandbagger!

I shot my PB (+1 - 73) the first time I ever broke 80, while carrying a 16 handicap. It was 21 years ago and I still haven't tied it since.

Nice round Zack!!

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Thanks guys. I certainly don't expect my next round or the next few t go like that, but it was just good knowing I can shoot that low.

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!