IGNORED

Shoes

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played the first month without golf shoes, the grass used to be wet, kept slipping n sliding and feet were wet. Bought a pair and havent been happier

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

I played for quite a few years in just tennis shoes before I bought golf shoes.  IMO, golf shoes are overrated.  I currently just wear tennis shoes for golf (simply because I wore out my golf shoes and have just been too cheap to buy new ones, planning on buying a pair of TW14s this fall though).

The only time I miss having actual golf shoes is when I play in the early morning when the grass is still dewy.  Even then, all I miss is the waterproof nature of golf shoes, not the spikes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yeah, I'm always a bit apprehensive of online shoes... I'm a size 14, but different brands fit differently. I heard Calloway runs big, which I like. Hopefully they'll work out. I'll mostly be playing in the morning. Luckily by 9 in Texas most of the morning dew is gone. My running shoes have pretty solid grips on the sole, so they will probably go with me whilst breaking these in.

I agree about the golf shoes, kinda. In tne rounds before I bought the shoes i can only remember slipping mid swing once or twice. If i had to chose between a comftorble tennis shoe or golf shown tnat doesn't feel exactly right I'm taking the tennis shoe every time . But a comftorble golf shoe is an improvement. I love these new spikeles shoes. I think companies realized you only need alittle extra grip and focused on comfort(and style)

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

Originally Posted by Machmood

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

Yeah great shoes, especially for the $$. I don't wear mine often after going to street style golf shoes but of all the shoes I have these are amongst my faves.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i just bought these pumas from 3balls.com for 69., they should be here this week. ill write a review of them for those interested. ive never had puma spikes, but all the puma shoes ive ever had were comfortable. dont hate the orange its a university of texas thing that these aussie need to learn about here. cheers

I've been playing just a few months.. My instructor suggested moving golf shoes up on my priority list because not only do the soles prevent slipping, but the heel cup is larger. One of the (many) problems with my swing was that, in running shoes, my right heel was rolling over in my backswing. The golf shoes helped to correct that. I chose some FootJoys that were on clearance for $40 at the course pro shop.

Expensive as hell but I have a pair of these and absolutely LOVE them - http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-BIOM-Golf-Hydromax/131004,default,pd.html?dwvar_131004_color=55846#cgid=men-golf

I have them in the Matte Black/Lime Punch and they are fantastic.  Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, walking a round of golf in them is literally an absolute pleasure.

I also recently picked up a pair of these because I wanted a white shoe to match better with certain clothes - http://oakleyvault.com/product/oakley-full-auto-tour/14029-104

They are extremely comfortable too.  I bought a pair of FJ's at Dick's last year and walked 9 holes in them and absolutely HATED them, I was hurting so bad after the round it wasn't even funny.  I hate buying new shoes but as soon as they stop being waterproof you're left with little choice when you like to play at 7am.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Originally Posted by Chris223

Expensive as hell but I have a pair of these and absolutely LOVE them - http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-BIOM-Golf-Hydromax/131004,default,pd.html?dwvar_131004_color=55846#cgid=men-golf

I have them in the Matte Black/Lime Punch and they are fantastic.  Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn, walking a round of golf in them is literally an absolute pleasure.

I also recently picked up a pair of these because I wanted a white shoe to match better with certain clothes - http://oakleyvault.com/product/oakley-full-auto-tour/14029-104

They are extremely comfortable too.  I bought a pair of FJ's at Dick's last year and walked 9 holes in them and absolutely HATED them, I was hurting so bad after the round it wasn't even funny.  I hate buying new shoes but as soon as they stop being waterproof you're left with little choice when you like to play at 7am.

Always have been a FJ guy for many years.  Just last week I picked up my very first pair of Ecco shoes (spikeless) and the first time I put them on was for a 3-day 27 hole per day golf trip.  Unbelievable.  I'll be hard pressed to buy anything other than Ecco now.  I did buy the closeouts; $99.  I'm sold.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

To answer the OP, if you have good balance and posture then golf shoes are unnecessary for 90% of on-course situations. They can't hurt you, but won't help you either except in specific situations where the grass is wet or you're on a side hill, etc. The if in that statement is big though.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ agreed. even if you play in the afternoon and dont need waterproofing or spikes to keep from slipping they just give you more stability when hitting a golf ball.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!