IGNORED

Shoes

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can play in cros-training shoes or service-worker athletic shoes with the nubby or shallow-tread soles. These work best on par 3 courses, or rather flat courses. If you play on hills, spiked golf shoes are a real help.

This is not just about missing shots - you can pull a thigh muscle or sprain a knee if you slip funny on a swing. A friend of mine took lessons and the first time we played, he showed up in street shoes (leather-soled oxfords). He slipped a couple of times on hillside shots.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

You can play in cros-training shoes or service-worker athletic shoes with the nubby or shallow-tread soles. These work best on par 3 courses, or rather flat courses. If you play on hills, spiked golf shoes are a real help.

This is not just about missing shots - you can pull a thigh muscle or sprain a knee if you slip funny on a swing. A friend of mine took lessons and the first time we played, he showed up in street shoes (leather-soled oxfords). He slipped a couple of times on hillside shots.

Some of the courses I play have a couple holes where you need your spikes just to walk up the hill and get to the green lol.  Almost like mountain climbing.  I didn't even think about this at first but good point.  Some steep face bunkers also I need my spikes just to dig into the ground and walk up a steep facing

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'm new to the sport but figured I probably needed all the help I could get.  Just ran across a deal for a pair of FJ Greenjoys for $39.99 shipped from Dicks.  Figured they couldn't hurt.

In my  Superlight 3.5 Dlx bag:

Warrior Custom Golf driver 11.0*

Warrior Custom Golf 3W 15*

:cleve: Mashie+ M3 [Miyazaki C. Kua 59 R]

Eye2 4-PW [zz-lite]

Warrior Custom Golf wedges (56* & 60*)

HPC w/ SuperStroke grip (33.75")

Bag under constant development due to available funding.  Warrior clubs inherited and temporary.

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

I loves tnese shoes so much I went online and bought every color . For 49.99$ I'm even more thrilled. Everyone's foot is different but if you like how running shoes fit tnese feel the best and truest to a regular sneaker.

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Completely agree. Played today in a bit of a drizzle (with one 5 minute complete downpour tossed in for good measure) and having golf shoes made a huge difference. Last summer when I first started playing, I wore sneakers, and had a round after a rainstorm where I couldn't stop sliding on shots that weren't on completely level ground. Today - no issues!

Now, my soaked driver grip that slipped out of my right hand mid-downswing is another story...

Russ B.

Played for a few years without buying golf specific shoes.  Can't say I missed it much, but now that I have a pair I can say that the grip is much better.  Can't go wrong buying a cheap pair - plenty of options below $50 on various websites.

Got the adizero this summer, lovely show nice an light and good grip. Had ATV tour 360 ones before too and also found them good. Only issue with Adidas shoes is the back of the inner shoes the heel part rips easily.

• 3 weeks later...

True Linkswear.

I have always worn FJ Contours, but picked up a pair of True phx on sale the other day. I was impressed with how comfortable they felt on my feet, but had some reservations about how well these spike less shoes would perform on the course. I played 27 holes in some light rain the other day, and had no problems at all with slipping and my feet felt great afterwards. I will say the "zero heel drop" of these shoes is a different sensation, but I really felt connected to the ground and in balance during my swing.

If you want to try a spikeless shoe that is comfortable and gives all the grip you need, then try the FJ M Projects or Adidas Adicross II. The FJ are a little more money but I've found they are one of the most comfortable shoes out there. I typically keep about 6-8 of golf shoes and these are my current favorite.

Was walking through dicks and saw these on sale. At first I coudn't even tell they were golf shoes. They looked just like running shoes so I decided to try them on and they felt amazing, ended up buying them. Great shoe if you like how running shoes feel http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12610703&lmdn;=Brand&cp;=4413989.4414138

I was just down at golfsmiths on 3rd Ave in NY and picked up a pair of theses. Went to the checkout and was doing the old "do you do a discount for foreigner nationals" but before I could finish the guy rung them through the till and they came up at $35.66 :) Score! Regard Mailman

Mailman

Gotta have good shoes. I picked these up from Groupon for $34.99. They list at $99.99. Very, very comfortable. I usually go for black, but now I got the saddles.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

These are the exact ones I ended up buying. a little heavy for my comfort, but will do for now. [quote name="georgeshot" url="/t/69471/shoes/30#post_901652"]Gotta have good shoes. I picked these up from Groupon for $34.99. They list at $99.99. Very, very comfortable. I usually go for black, but now I got the saddles. [/quote]

• 3 months later...

Purchased a pair of these Adidas Tour 360 Lite waterproof golf shoes after I've been playing on weekends and hitting the driving range regularly for the past 8 months. When taking lessons, golf shoes aren't essential. But as you play longer and your intentions move from a casual player at least 2 or 3 times a year to almost every weekend, then it is time to invest more in your game.

I hesitated to buy golf shoes as more and more players are using these spikeless shoes; but I noticed my left leg kept shifting after every swing and my feet were slipping constantly, I knew it was time to shoes that provide better grip and stability.

Advise assessing your interest level in the game - invest in good shoes if you think you're in it for the long haul.

Purchased a pair of these Adidas Tour 360 Lite waterproof golf shoes after I've been playing on weekends and hitting the driving range regularly for the past 8 months. When taking lessons, golf shoes aren't essential. But as you play longer and your intentions move from a casual player at least 2 or 3 times a year to almost every weekend, then it is time to invest more in your game.

I hesitated to buy golf shoes as more and more players are using these spikeless shoes; but I noticed my left leg kept shifting after every swing and my feet were slipping constantly, I knew it was time to shoes that provide better grip and stability.

Advise assessing your interest level in the game - invest in good shoes if you think you're in it for the long haul.

typo "time to shoes that provide better grip and stability" - time for shoes...

I took lessons for 2 months before forging on my own. The two PGA instructors did not recommend that I go out and buy shoes immediately as the course I play on regularly tends to be on the dry side (here in SoCal). But as I kept playing, I felt I needed a shoe that gave me a more stable platform to keep my swing rhythm in check - so I took the plunge and bought these.

These were on sale at amazon.com for US$31.00 + Tax & S&H.; Don't play full price for shoes - look at several sites and hunt for discounts. These shoes btw are getting cheaper because Adidas is phasing these out and replacing them with the Tour360 ATV models. Time to get these!

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!