IGNORED

Welcome Hopkins Golf!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make for tour players ?

What players ?

What tours ?

http://hopkinsgolf.com/tour-players.php

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm giving some real thought to moving to a 54 and 58 wedge set. Keeping my AW from the set I have that is 50 to keep a good 4* loft change per club for a more even distance change. Plus that would add the 58 for those shots under 100 yards to give me a more comfortable feeling. Price wise these look nice, I just would like to see a review so I know a bit more about them.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Regarding the comments on bounce, we're attempting to change the conversation to what actually happens out on tour. So we take standard bounce clubs and put the various grinds on them to change the effective bounces. For example, a simple heel grind offers two bounces; a standard bounce when hit squarely and a lower bounce when the face is opened.

The standard bounces are listed on the website. http://hopkinsgolf.com/product_info.php

We will be adding more lofts like 46 and 48 in a couple months.

This will make your wedge line complete in terms of lofts.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Could you for say, post what the static bounce is (square), and put an effective bounce next to it. I know its subjective to how much you lay the club open, but maybe do the minimum and maximum bounce. I think that would be useful information.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think the best we can do is to show you a chart we have on our site that shows how the various grinds either lower or increase the effective bounces. Since the actual degrees of bounce vary so greatly depending on how open or closed the face is, ones hand position, etc., we can't really put a number on it. I hope this helps. http://hopkinsgolf.com/grinds.php

I think the best we can do is to show you a chart we have on our site that shows how the various grinds either lower or increase the effective bounces. Since the actual degrees of bounce vary so greatly depending on how open or closed the face is, ones hand position, etc., we can't really put a number on it. I hope this helps. http://hopkinsgolf.com/grinds.php

link not working for me...

Which grinds keep the lead edge low when you open the face?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

New Hopkins wedges I custom ordered on 9/24 arrived today.  I ordered a 56* and 60* with following specs;

Grind:  Heel/Toe -recommended by Hopkins website given the region (6) I live in.

Shaft:  HG OTM Black Onyx Wedge Flex Steel

Grip:   Lamkin REL 3GEB

Lie:    STD

Loft: 2* Weak

There are options for custom ferrule colors and paint fill on wedges but I went with standard.  I thought about an orange ferrule to match the grips but wasn't sure if that would be too distracting.

The packaging the two wedges came in was the best I've ever seen.  Instead of standard rectangular box, Hopkins used a thick cylinder box that was packed with heavy foam.  The heads we covered in plastic and sat snugly in cutouts within the foam base.  The grips also wrapped in plastic sat snugly in the same heavy foam with cut outs for the grips.

I'm taking them with me tomorrow for a round and will post pictures of the packaging and wedges then.  If they play half as well as they were packaged I will be a happy golfer.

Joe Paradiso

New Hopkins wedges I custom ordered on 9/24 arrived today.  I ordered a 56* and 60* with following specs;

Grind:  Heel/Toe -recommended by Hopkins website given the region (6) I live in.

There are options for custom ferrule colors and paint fill on wedges but I went with standard.  I thought about an orange ferrule to match the grips but wasn't sure if that would be too distracting.

The packaging the two wedges came in was the best I've ever seen.  Instead of standard rectangular box, Hopkins used a thick cylinder box that was packed with heavy foam.  The heads we covered in plastic and sat snugly in cutouts within the foam base.  The grips also wrapped in plastic sat snugly in the same heavy foam with cut outs for the grips.

I'm taking them with me tomorrow for a round and will post pictures of the packaging and wedges then.  If they play half as well as they were packaged I will be a happy golfer.

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to hear how they do either. ;)

Awesome.  Let us know how they do.  Did you get any custom stamping etc on them?

Alright, just got back and one couldn't ask for a better October day in NY to golf.  The wedges were great, usually will hit one fat or thin but that didn't happen today.   I'm not sure it's because they are new or there's something different about the Hopkins grooves but these things were pretty rough on the Callaway Hex Black Tours I was using.

As promised, here are some pictures.  This is the shipping container, it's built sturdy with thick heavy foam inside

Went with the orange grips and black wedge shafts, look and feel great.

Here's a close up of the heads, you can pick the colors for paint fill, but I went with the standard colors.

Here is the face of the wedges, can still see some ball skin remains

Obviously one round isn't enough to determine how good these wedges are but they performed well enough today that they'll be in the bag again this weekend and the Mizuno's will be sitting in the trunk.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!