• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lesterday

Who's some of your favorite stand up comics ?

50 posts in this topic

My top three would be in this order Mitch Hedberg (One of the funniest comics ever) 2, Robert Schimmel 3. Steven Wright... Also a fan of Joe Rogan & Carlin.  I'm a stage manager for a comedy club on the strip. I have a whole slew of favorites that I'm sure you've never heard of them :) Although, from blue collar of comedy Ron White has done guest spots the last two nights on our stage. He's a extremely cool guy.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

1. Stephen Lynch (is it comedy or music? I like both)

2. Rich Vos

3. Sklar Brothers

4. Amy Schumer

Awards and Achievements

Old school: George Carlin New School: Louis CK Tons of other guys I really like but these two are stand outs to me.

Awards and Achievements

John Pinette.

Awards and Achievements

John Pinette.

He's good, but a little too one dimensional, IMO. ;) My favorite, far and away, is Brian Regan. The guy is never not funny. Also like Louis CK, Bill Burr and John Mulaney, among others.

Awards and Achievements

• Lenny Bruce
  • George Carlin
  • Stephen Wright
  • Robin Williams
  • Chris Rock
  • Louis CK

Awards and Achievements

He's good, but a little too one dimensional, IMO. ;) My favorite, far and away, is Brian Regan. The guy is never not funny. Also like Louis CK, Bill Burr and John Mulaney, among others.

Yeah, he's a bit of a one trick pony, but funnier than hell.

Awards and Achievements

1. Richard Pryor 2. Eddie Murphy 3. Dave Chapelle 4. Bill Cosby 5. Bill Burr 6. Chris Rock

Yeah, he's a bit of a one trick pony, but funnier than hell.

Agreed. "You hee fo owa!!!!! You go now!!!!!"

Awards and Achievements

I agree with a lot of the ones mentioned above.  I would add Jimmy Tingle a Boston comedian.  He has always been funny.  And I would add Jay Leno, the stand up.  My wife and I saw him years ago and he was terrific.

Awards and Achievements

Mitch Hedberg, Steven Wright, Norm MacDonald, and Dennis Miller. I'm going to see Dennis Miller live in April.

Awards and Achievements

Louis CK talking about George Carlin's impact on his life. Very cool.

Awards and Achievements

1. Louis ck 2.bill burr 3.russell peters 4.george carlin 5. K hart 6. Dave Chappell 7. John caparulo

I've been listening to stand up on Pandora in the car lately, and another guy I've only recently learned about that I find pretty danged funny is Hannibal Buress.  Check him out!

Awards and Achievements

FWIW, Spotify has TONS of standup. Netflix has some too. Nick Thune has a new hour that just went up on Netflix that's pretty good My full list would be huge, so here are a few of my recent favorites: [LIST] [*] Mike Birbiglia's recent album is awesome. Great storytelling. [*] Pete Holmes. Saw him live a few months ago. Really good. [*] John Mulaney. [*] Hannibal Buress. [*] Bo Burnham. One of the better musical comedians. [*] Wyatt Cenac. [*] Michael Che [*] Nikki Glaser. [*] Ben Kronberg. Very similar in style to Stephen Wright. [*] Anyone but Kevin Hart. [/LIST] That last one is big. Wait...

Awards and Achievements

Mike Birbiglia

Yes, this guy is also hilarious.  Among other things, I love his story about running into a bear in Alaska.  Couldn't find it on youtube but did find this gem:

Awards and Achievements

Wyatt Cenac? I think I watched John Oliver's standup on Netflix or HBO. He's much better doing the fake anchor thing. Wasn't bad, but not great.

Awards and Achievements