IGNORED

TST Mid-Atlantic Outing

dsc123
Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to hear that, jsgolfer.  Thanks for letting us know.

Since none of us have met....I have a beard and I'll be wearing a blue shirt.  Hope to be on the range or putting green by 8.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats belong to Jake, OldBlu3's son, for both the low net and low gross score. Thanks to Dan for setting the outing up! Was great to meet everyone, and I'm definitely interested in doing that again this season. While a secret mutual non-disclosure agreement applies to the scores from today's gathering, much like the one we suspect that Big Break players sign, we can release these details: DivotDave drove down from Philly, and he achieved a rather jaw- dropping top speed on the highway that matched his score today. Let's just say we hope no policemen frequent this site. OldBlu3 proved today that "there's more than one way to par a hole." That was a direct quote after his tee shot on the par-3 175 yd hole landed unceremoniously shy of the ladies tees, precariously on a downslope. He then proceeded to make par by hitting the flagstick and getting softer bounce than Tiger at last year's Masters. As for the overall play, we can only release that Evolvr will need to increase its staffing to handle the expected influx of video submissions that may be sent their way. But it was a great day, and we should do it again soon and redeem ourselves. I'll definitely plan on sticking around for a couple beers next time. We say congrats again to Jake, even though his rout of us TST-ers was not very good-neighborly.
  • Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I had a great time and set a new personal record... penalties on 9 of 18 holes!

The aerated greens didn't seem to hurt the putting to much (35 putts) but it really screwed up my drives.

Erik, we discussed 5sk and concluded we need at least 6.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

I had a great time and set a new personal record... penalties on 9 of 18 holes! The aerated greens didn't seem to hurt the putting to much (35 putts) but it really screwed up my drives.  Erik, we discussed 5sk and concluded we need at least 6.

Ha, we wondered if your group was faring any better than we were. Apparently, we all shot about the same! But damn, we looked good at the range beforehand.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Ha, we wondered if your group was faring any better than we were. Apparently, we all shot about the same! But damn, we looked good at the range beforehand.

Yeah, pretty bad when the range is the hi-light of the round... but hey, that was the most fun I'd had playing that poorly. We were seperated from the rest of the group and had to play with another twosome, but @kregan was fun golfing partner out there. Shared a lot of laughs, mostly at each other...

And for what it's worth @dsc123 , I shot about 5 strokes better than my top speed on the highway. O:)

It was a good time though, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I enjoyed the conversation after the round with @kregan and @dsc123 , turns out we are a trio of dads with twins... what are the odds.

good times fellas

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Oh, and to prove that we really were there:

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

• Administrator

Good job guys! I'm glad you went through with it, even with only six golfers. The next time, perhaps 8 or 10. Then 12 or 16… :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Oh, and to prove that we really were there: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/95813/] [/URL]

Who's who?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah, pretty bad when the range is the hi-light of the round... but hey, that was the most fun I'd had playing that poorly. We were seperated from the rest of the group and had to play with another twosome, but @kregan was fun golfing partner out there. Shared a lot of laughs, mostly at each other...  And for what it's worth @dsc123 , I shot about 5 strokes better than my top speed on the highway. O:) It was a good time though, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I enjoyed the conversation after the round with @kregan and @dsc123 , turns out we are a trio of dads with twins... what are the odds.  good times fellas

Wow , I knew @dsc123 had twins but what r the odds all of you do?! I'm a dad of twins of a different sort. My wife and I have daughters from a previous marriage who have the same name and were born within weeks of each other. [quote name="0ldblu3" url="/t/72657/tst-mid-atlantic-outing/90#post_973493"]Oh, and to prove that we really were there: [/quote] Thanks for the pic, Eric!

My Swing

Who's who?

The only guy really smiling is the guy who won... lol... and his dad :beer:

left to right:

me, @kregan , @dsc123 , @RandallT , @0ldblu3 , and the winner, JakeStateFarm

IN MY BAG

I was smiling on the inside!

Did I mention how civilized the game was, not a single F bomb all day, quite a feat

considering the scoring.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

• 2 months later...

Can we do this again so I can join? lol feel like the left out neighbor kid

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Howdy, just signed up here, and joined the Mid-Atlantic group. I'm always interested in playing partners or groups in the Baltimore / South PA area.

• 3 weeks later...
Can we do this again so I can join? lol feel like the left out neighbor kid

@kregan , @dsc123 , @RandallT , @0ldblu3 ,

How bout a fall classic or end of summer thing... something... I'm eager to play Glenn Mills, but need the proper "motivation". :beer:

Howdy, just signed up here, and joined the Mid-Atlantic group. I'm always interested in playing partners or groups in the Baltimore / South PA area.

welcome @12PackAbs

I live in philly... let me know if you want to play some time.

IN MY BAG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I probably can't make it, but I would try.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I probably can't make it, but I would try.

:beer:

IN MY BAG

Note: This thread is 3529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!