IGNORED

2014 NFL Draft Tonight!

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yea, I'm a tad surprised, but given Rex's love for hard-hitting defenders, it makes sense he would lobby for a guy like this. Idzik and Rex seem like they're on the same page, which is good.

But, I thought they would go CB1. Dennard for example. That position is so important to Rex's scheme that I'm surprised they didn't address this need.

I was certain they were going to take Manziel when he was still available.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Spyder just thought I would ruin your day. Josh Gordon is reportedly facing a season-long suspension after failing another drug test [URL=http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/josh-gordon-faces-suspension/story?id=23663197]http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/josh-gordon-faces-suspension/story?id=23663197[/URL] Now who has the better WR core? hahaha! Stupid stupid Josh Gordon.

Good luck Johnny Manziel!!! [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/t/74420/2014-nfl-draft-tonight/30_30#post_987952"] Yes, He-who-shall-not-be-named might finally fall into that black hole he's been side-stepping for the past several months :-D   [/quote] I've been following The Nameless One very closely on Twitter. He's been spending his time [URL=https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria/status/433668236106670080]eating right[/URL], [URL=https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria/status/455428438405312512]watching The Masters[/URL], [URL=https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria/status/415337970049118208]unknowingly appearing in movies[/URL], and [URL=https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria/status/429459484948168704]trying to make "fetch" happen[/URL]. Total "in the best shape of his life" situation. Hands like glue. Power forward size. Just you wait. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I guess if the Eagles are going to take a WR it can't hurt that your guy Jordan Matthews is Jerry Rice's cousin. Distant maybe, but the bloodline in nice to hear.

Bill M

Hyde to San Fran. That's a great fit. Mewhort to Indy, great for him. 4 buckeyes in the first two rounds. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Jimmy Garoppolo to the Patriots. I thought I understood sports, but apparently not. :blink:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

]Unless they ditch Stevie Johnson.  ****.  That's what they're doing.  Classic Bills move.  I should have seen this coming.  Use the draft to replace good players, not to fill in holes or build a wider base of talent.  never get better.  Just hover at 6 wins.  So basically they give up 2 first round picks and Stevie Johnson for Sammy Watkins and whatever they'd get in return for him.   Ugh.  That's what they're doing.  I know it.

The more I think about it, the more I hate it.

So, this was @dsc123 's prediction this morning.

And this happened this afternoon: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10908194/buffalo-bills-trade-stevie-johnson-san-francisco-49ers

Color me impressed!! :beer:

And they got a 4th round pick in next years draft for him.  Yippee.  Sorry dsc.

[QUOTE name="dsc123" url="/t/74420/2014-nfl-draft-tonight/0_30#post_987927"]   ]Unless they ditch Stevie Johnson.  ****.  That's what they're doing.  Classic Bills move.  I should have seen this coming.  Use the draft to replace good players, not to fill in holes or build a wider base of talent.  never get better.  Just hover at 6 wins.  So basically they give up 2 first round picks and Stevie Johnson for Sammy Watkins and whatever they'd get in return for him.   Ugh.  That's what they're doing.  I know it. [COLOR=222222]   The more I think about it, the more I hate it. [/COLOR] [/QUOTE] So, this was @dsc123 's prediction this morning. And this happened this afternoon: [URL=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10908194/buffalo-bills-trade-stevie-johnson-san-francisco-49ers]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10908194/buffalo-bills-trade-stevie-johnson-san-francisco-49ers[/URL] Color me impressed!! :beer:   And they got a 4th round pick in next years draft for him.  Yippee.  Sorry dsc.

I was impressed to. Good call @dsc123 .

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I think I'm happy with Jace Amaro and Dexter McDougle as the Jets 2nd and 3rd round picks. McDougle sounds like a potential Kyle Wilson bust, but if he can be the slot corner of the future for the Jets, then he's a good depth add.

Constantine

Thanks, but I wish I were wrong. Sometimes I wish they would move to LA and release me from this cycle. It would be a freebie, I could switch teams without giving up my loyalty. I actually did a mock draft with my friend yesterday to see what team I would pick to follow. It's hard because I can't just jump on the bandwagon of a good team, or a team that I already don't like, or a team that plays in a dome because that's bs. I ended up with San Diego. My sister lives there, so there's a connection, and I don't hate them. But at the same time, warm weather football is bs IMO...Maybe by mock #7 I'll find something I like.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Thanks, but I wish I were wrong.

Sometimes I wish they would move to LA and release me from this cycle. It would be a freebie, I could switch teams without giving up my loyalty. I actually did a mock draft with my friend yesterday to see what team I would pick to follow. It's hard because I can't just jump on the bandwagon of a good team, or a team that I already don't like, or a team that plays in a dome because that's bs. I ended up with San Diego. My sister lives there, so there's a connection, and I don't hate them. But at the same time, warm weather football is bs IMO...Maybe by mock #7 I'll find something I like.

Don't do it. When the Bills win the Super Bowl, it'll just be that much more cathartic.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself about the Jets. :doh:

Constantine

Thanks, but I wish I were wrong. Sometimes I wish they would move to LA and release me from this cycle. It would be a freebie, I could switch teams without giving up my loyalty. I actually did a mock draft with my friend yesterday to see what team I would pick to follow. It's hard because I can't just jump on the bandwagon of a good team, or a team that I already don't like, or a team that plays in a dome because that's bs. I ended up with San Diego. My sister lives there, so there's a connection, and I don't hate them. But at the same time, warm weather football is bs IMO...Maybe by mock #7 I'll find something I like.

Hey!!! I'm a chargers fan! :(. Not sure what I'd do if the bills moved to la tho.

Don't do it. When the Bills win the Super Bowl, it'll just be that much more cathartic.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself about the Jets. :doh:

Yeah, this is was just an exercise in" what if they moved to la". Hopefully it won't happen... But sometimes I dream of what could be...

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Don't do it. When the Bills win the Super Bowl, it'll just be that much more cathartic.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself about the Jets.

Yeah, this is was just an exercise in" what if they moved to la".

Haha, my fault.

This actually happened with me and the Nets when they moved to Brooklyn. No offense to Brooklyn, but I'm not from there, and I basically disowned them when they left Jersey. It's sad. Some of my friends are trying to recruit me over to the Knicks, but that's never gonna happen. I think I'll just stay in diaspora mode until someone brings a team back to the Garden State. :-D

Constantine

Hey!!! I'm a chargers fan! :(. Not sure what I'd do if the bills moved to la tho.

Haha, sorry. I just like cold weather football!

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Haha, my fault. This actually happened with me and the Nets when they moved to Brooklyn. No offense to Brooklyn, but I'm not from there, and I basically disowned them when they left Jersey. It's sad. Some of my friends are trying to recruit me over to the Knicks, but that's never gonna happen. I think I'll just stay in diaspora mode until someone brings a team back to the Garden State. :-D

I never followed the NBA, but as an Islanders fan, I'm not crazy about the move. But at least they're still on long Island. Just don't tell anyone from Brooklyn that.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!