IGNORED

Grips

burr
Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This Masters takes me to equipment questions for you all;  what grip is the best overall for good positive play without having to consider stuff like weather or sweat or wear ect.  Same style for woods vs. irons ?  Short irons ?  Until this season it seems that (as advertised) Titleist was the pros' choice for golf ball, Is it this way for grips also with the pros ?  Do they all use corded grips ?  How about today at the tournament, I'm watching them warm up in the rain and it got me wondering.  I'm comfortable with tour wrap grips on my woods (I was a Sergio fan before his fit this year and installed Lamkin tour wrap) and my ping eye2 irons have a corded winn type grip just because I haven't changed them out like I should.  Years ago, I used tour wraps on all clubs, they were so comfortable.  But they were really slick when in the rain.  and my pings came with the corded winn type grips.  My grip on the club is a relaxed light grip and I have no problem with sweating hands and do not wear a glove (I see no need at this time).

Opinion and choice and experience is appreciated ...  

27 minutes ago, burr said:

what grip is the best overall for good positive play without having to consider stuff like weather or sweat or wear ect.

Wow, you're asking a lot.  I can't answer that question because I consider weather, sweat and wear to be big factors in my choice of grips.     

Several members here are sold on Pure grips, give them a look.   Golf Pride seems to be the most popular but it's a personal choice.   Up until just recently I had corded grips and they worked very well in all conditions.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yes, this is more for your general input, personal preferences, ect.  I need to replace my irons NOW and there,'s so much to look at, I just wanted a direction to steer maybe.  Thanks

45 minutes ago, burr said:

This Masters takes me to equipment questions for you all;  what grip is the best overall for good positive play without having to consider stuff like weather or sweat or wear ect.  Same style for woods vs. irons ?  Short irons ?  Until this season it seems that (as advertised) Titleist was the pros' choice for golf ball, Is it this way for grips also with the pros ?  Do they all use corded grips ?  How about today at the tournament, I'm watching them warm up in the rain and it got me wondering.  I'm comfortable with tour wrap grips on my woods (I was a Sergio fan before his fit this year and installed Lamkin tour wrap) and my ping eye2 irons have a corded winn type grip just because I haven't changed them out like I should.  Years ago, I used tour wraps on all clubs, they were so comfortable.  But they were really slick when in the rain.  and my pings came with the corded winn type grips.  My grip on the club is a relaxed light grip and I have no problem with sweating hands and do not wear a glove (I see no need at this time).

Opinion and choice and experience is appreciated ...  

Golf Pride Z-cord are about the most abrasive you can get. You can hold on with those being soaking wet.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Wow, you're asking a lot.  I can't answer that question because I consider weather, sweat and wear to be big factors in my choice of grips.     

Several members here are sold on Pure grips, give them a look.   Golf Pride seems to be the most popular but it's a personal choice.   Up until just recently I had corded grips and they worked very well in all conditions.

I try not to ask a lot of anybody anymore but these factors mentioned are ones I try to avoid on the course, I don't play in the rain intentionally,  hands stay dry normally, and I'd like a durable grip that will last a reasonable period of use.

Hot, humid and sweaty down here.  I’m a huge fan of the GP  New Decade Multi-Compound.  They grip similar to the full cords back in the day, but feel a lot softer in the hands.  Reasonably resilient too.  I generally get 2 seasons, about 200 rounds, out of a set...

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

Hot, humid and sweaty down here.  I’m a huge fan of the GP  New Decade Multi-Compound.  They grip similar to the full cords back in the day, but feel a lot softer in the hands.  Reasonably resilient too.  I generally get 2 seasons, about 200 rounds, out of a set...

I’m a fan of these too and I deal with sweat a lot. I’ve gone to the MCC +4 in midsize. I really like the feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've been using the Golf Pride CP2 grips for 2+ years now and love them.  They have a soft feel, have been great in all weather and last.

The CP2 Grip is Golf Pride's softest performance grip. CP2 features a larger lower hand, high-tack rubber and Control Core Technology for more stability.

Rob Tyska

I use mid-sized Tour Velvets.  I clean them, regularly, with warm water and a vegetable brush.  They last for years that way.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

51 minutes ago, Piz said:

I use mid-sized Tour Velvets.  I clean them, regularly, with warm water and a vegetable brush.  They last for years that way.

I play with the Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.  Grips are all about what feels good to you, both regarding size and texture/firmness.  These check all the boxes for me.  Like Piz said above, cleaning them is essential.  It helps them last and maintain the new grip feel.

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

GP MCC+4 here also.  I tried the Aligns but wasn't impressed so went back to reg MCC+4.  I play in all weather and like some cord.  I clean them regularly but replace them every year. You get one new one and soon realize how badly they need replacing, a little wear but mostly due to hardness and slippery after a year for me. I played over 150 posted rounds last year, plus numerous practice sessions and some scrambles

• iacas changed the title to Grips

Pure Grips DTX, 100% rubber. Tons of texture, very secure. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!