IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Well in the scene it shows the White King move from the corner of the board to the left as we see here.

Also to note there is no white queen on the board. Only two pawns and a knight.

Could symbolize him being cornered and having a way out.

Or like suggested above, just to show the King which is White. Walter White etc.

furthermore: The man who owns Grey Matter is named Elliot Shwartz.

shwarz is German for the color black....

Walter White + Elliot Shwartz = Gray Matter

I think y'all are officially reaching now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol that tid bit was brought up years ago when the show first started.

the way the writers incorporate colors I don't think its that far of a stretch.

The good thing about the show's ending will be hopefully we can finally get a bunch of tid bits of info, like this, resolved by the creator/writers.

Agreed.  I could certainly be wrong, however, I'm going to guess that it "symbolizes" bored on-call firemen passing the time on a night when there are no fires or emergencies. :-P

Knowing Vince Gilligan, I could certainly be wrong, but for now, that's all I see. ;)

there are certain facts at play

1. Vince and his writers admitted/talked about how colors are indeed intended for more than just colors.

2. Vince, the writers and the directors of episodes have also admitted/talked about how they filmed things in a certain way that was meant to be seen/noticed on the second go around and that were not just coincidental.

3. With number 2 being said, it results in viewers thinking every piece of filming is done with 100% symbolism and intention which is not the case.

I'll go with the observation that others on the chess board made, simply that the White king was cornered, just as Walt is cornered and had only one move left to him. Which was to utilize Saul's "Eraser" guy to disappear. Pretty cut and dry.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Agreed. I think it's a King, alone, no more queen, and very little protection.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

there are certain facts at play

1. Vince and his writers admitted/talked about how colors are indeed intended for more than just colors.

2. Vince, the writers and the directors of episodes have also admitted/talked about how they filmed things in a certain way that was meant to be seen/noticed on the second go around and that were not just coincidental.

3. With number 2 being said, it results in viewers thinking every piece of filming is done with 100% symbolism and intention which is not the case.

I'll go with the observation that others on the chess board made, simply that the White king was cornered, just as Walt is cornered and had only one move left to him. Which was to utilize Saul's "Eraser" guy to disappear. Pretty cut and dry.

Alright fine!  I'm totally watching that episode again tonight!! ;)

lol just saw this little one about season 2.

Episode 1: Seven Thirty-Seven
Episode 2: Grilled
Episode 3: Bit by a Dead Bee
Episode 4: Down
Episode 5: Breakage
Episode 6: Peekaboo
Episode 7: ***** Y Azul
Episode 8: Better Call Saul
Episode 9: 4 Days Out
Episode 10: Over
Episode 11: Mandala
Episode 12: Phoenix
Episode 13: ABQ

lol just saw this little one about season 2. Episode 1: Seven Thirty-Seven Episode 2: Grilled Episode 3: Bit by a Dead Bee Episode 4: Down Episode 5: Breakage Episode 6: Peekaboo Episode 7: ***** Y Azul Episode 8: Better Call Saul Episode 9: 4 Days Out Episode 10: Over Episode 11: Mandala Episode 12: Phoenix Episode 13: ABQ

You just saw that now??? ;). Heisenberg, let me introduce you to Imdb.com. Heisenberg, imdb ... Imdb, Heisenberg. (The "trivia" section) And to elaborate further ... Those four episodes were the episodes that had the pink teddy bear cold opens. ;)

lol just saw this little one about season 2. Episode 1: Seven Thirty-Seven Episode 2: Grilled Episode 3: Bit by a Dead Bee Episode 4: Down Episode 5: Breakage Episode 6: Peekaboo Episode 7: ***** Y Azul Episode 8: Better Call Saul Episode 9: 4 Days Out Episode 10: Over Episode 11: Mandala Episode 12: Phoenix Episode 13: ABQ

Those are also all of the episodes that started with the black-and-white scenes with the pink stuffed animal, the aftermath of the crash. People noticed that one years ago. EDIT: GD beat me to it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

lol yeah.

Well imdb, for me, has always been to goofy to navigate. like reddit. lol i hate the way its setup.

furthermore imbd has been wrong on the last few episodes too. the last episode was supposed to have Tuco, Krazy 8, Mike and Gretchen in it.

Isn't that site comparable to wiki, edit wise?

Thanks to

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You just saw that now??? ;). Heisenberg, let me introduce you to Imdb.com. Heisenberg, imdb ... Imdb, Heisenberg. (The "trivia" section)

And to elaborate further ... Those four episodes were the episodes that had the pink teddy bear cold opens. ;)

I've actually never seen that trivia section of IMDB either. Thanks for pointing that out. I am currently browsing it and saw this:

" The first episode to the second half of Season 5 is dedicated to Kevin Cordasco, a teen Superfan of the show who died of cancer in March of 2013. Before his death Kevin was able to meet Bryan Cranston , Vince Gilligan and other prominent members of the Breaking Bad family, and he was even offered the chance to read the final scripts of the series so he would know how the show ends. Kevin declined, as he didn't think he could keep the secret."
Damn, that Kevin kid has an unbelievable amount of self restraint. Cool tid-bit though. RIP

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Isn't that site comparable to wiki, edit wise?

Yes, you do have to be careful.  Funny story ... when I was "arguing" with Jamo and Erik a few pages back about not rooting for Walt anymore and they are, Erik pointed out that it's super rare that the bad guy ever wins.

I then wanted to share an interesting tidbit I read on imdb a few years ago about the movie "Dodgeball" where they actually had originally ended the movie with Whit-e hitting Peter with the ball (and not the "double fault") and Globo-Gym winning the tournament ... bad guys win, and the good guys all live sadly ever after.  But they showed it to test audiences who hated it, and they were forced to change it to the happy ending they have now.

When I went into imdb last week to clarify a few details and source it for my post, it had been updated.  Turns out that piece of trivia was actually erroneous, and the current ending was always the ending.

So, yes, imdb is "user-edited" or whatever its called with wiki, and can certainly be wrong sometimes. :)  It's still fun.

Never, ever, ever anymore do I have to think to myself "who the eff is that guy?  I know him from something, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it."  For that, and fun trivia, imdb is a godsend. ;)

Here is a really good article I just read. It was with the person who wrote Ozymandias  http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/breaking-bad-ozymandias/

Here are the coolest parts imo

Why put so many eggs in the third-to-last basket?
We have big plans for the next episode and there’s places where we need to go and things we need to do, so that’s the way it fell out

Deciding when/ how Hank will die
..So we figured it would be more exciting to take him out sooner when we decided to add in Jack (Michael Bowen) and his crew to make sure that we had ultimate hate going for those guys — it would serve us better in the end to take Hank out sooner and have a credible threat out there to Walt (Bryan Cranston).

How much darker is this journey going to get for this guy? (Jesse)
The darkness is going to be pitch black. Jesse’s got a very long road ahead of him.

The flashback scene at the beginning of the episode was actually the last scene that was shot in the entire series. What was that day like? Did the fact that Bryan and Aaron were made up to look like they did in season 1 give it an extra-sentimental feel?
It was absolutely nostalgia-laden. It was a perfect ending to the series. We only boarded it that way for logistics, because Bryan had to shave and Aaron had to shave and we had to match, and if we’d shot it as a part of our episode in February, then Bryan would have had to have worn a fake beard for the next two episodes and we didn’t want to do that. It was such a relief for everybody to come full circle and go back in time. The series has been so heavy and so dark and there were so few moments of levity, that to get to go back to the days of the first cook and revisit their old dynamic — when Heisenberg was Mr. White and Jesse was an idiot – was not only completely delightful and made a bittersweet day just so happily nostalgic, everybody was so relieved that we weren’t killing someone or shooting them in the head or blowing them up. It was just the perfect ending to the series. Even though it was logistical, there was something magical about that day.

Good to know. I wish they were 3 hours a piece.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!