IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know right, I am hoping they don't go Fargo on us. That is one messed up movie ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know right, I am hoping they don't go Fargo on us. That is one messed up movie ;)

Hhahah that would indeed be a terrible ending...  I have to believe that Vince and his crew of writers are more creative then to totally punk us by using a woodchipper dupe.

That assumes that his treatment would not have been effective and that he wouldn't also have had life insurance.  Following nevets88, he should have had that, too.  http://www.aps.edu/human-resources/benefits/life-long-term-disability

You put that tongue away!

Let's say he had $100,000 in life insurance. Cool, that gets his family by for a whopping 2 years. Not exactly what he had in mind. :-P

Hhahah that would indeed be a terrible ending...  I have to believe that Vince and his crew of writers are more creative then to totally punk us by using a woodchipper dupe.

I'd be ok if Lydia ended up in one.

Todd can't take her rejection anymore, so he has his way with her anyway and then tosses her in a wood-chipper. He then walks past her daughter and says "Sorry for your loss."
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Agreed.  I don't see a need for him to be in any further episodes.  The same for Badger and Skinny Pete.... While they were entertaining.  I just don't think they need to do anything more (especially in the limited window of time - we're going into the last episode) to spend time on these characters.

For me... There is definitely a glaring '?' why Walt went the path he did in life.  Maybe I simply need to go back and re-watch season 1, but I don't have a clear grasp on why he wasn't more successful in life.  I think he held a huge grudge and never let that go.  And in a way, it held him back and he felt like a failure.  I'd like to know more about why he ran from the scientific research community - where he obviously was talented.  There has to be something darker there that we don't know about Walt.

Watch this....

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=79735231086

@ 1:00... Gretchen in her mind - Walt clearly left her.  He abandoned her.  She was a rich girl... Maybe he felt that he could never make her happy or live up to her fathers success?  She came from a wealthy family.  So he walked out of that relationship, due to the pressure that he may have felt to be a 'man' or a financial provider.  Meeting Skyler, a young waitress may have been easier to be the man and the provider of the relationship?  Even as a high school chemistry teacher, he could provide.

But then, after all the success that Gray Matter Technologies has had.... They just donated what, $28M dollars to charity (per the last episode).... And there he was, barely able to make ends meat.  Driving a beat up old Aztek for heavens sake... With a pregnant wife.  And he has cancer.  That had to be a huge blow and realized his life was pretty bland and wasn't as grand as it could've been had he stuck it out with old Gretchen.

The actress playing G repeating what VG told her about the backstory not mentioned anywhere in the show itself:

We were very much in love and we were to get married. And he came home and met my family, and I come from this really successful, wealthy family, and that knocks him on his side. He couldn’t deal with this inferiority he felt — this lack of connection to privilege. It made him terrified, and he literally just left me, and I was devastated. Walt is fighting his way out of going back to that emotional place, so he says, “F— you.”

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2009/05/jessica-hecht-interview/

I agree with you Beachcomber - I'd like to know more about Gretchen and Walter and Grey Matter, probably Eliot too, in the finale. Knowing more about the details of why and how WW broke from GM & Gretchen might clear up a lot in terms of WW's motives for his actions. It's a bit abrupt because GM hasn't been given more screen time, but probably due to the short season. That probably means more chemistry scenes. I hated chem in HS, but love watching all the chem scenes in BB.

Didn't he have the aggressive surgery at the end of season two when he went under and let out the secret about the second cell phone?

Or am I thinking about something else?

Ah, I forgot about that. Thanks jamo.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Walt is going to die on this last episode.  That is one thing I believe after watching more interviews with Vince... He has stated why he picked Bryan Cranston - going back to X-files 'Drive' episode.  And why he brought him in as the lead actor for Walter White.

If that is the case... How will he die?

Cancer?

Ricin?

Aryan Brotherhood?

At the hands of Jesse?

Other??

I still think the Ricin suicide would be pretty dramatic.  And while some think he wouldn't do that... I say he does because he knows there is no cure or going back from it.  And he is too scared to pull the trigger (as seen in the pilot).  So suicide using his knowlege of 'Chemistry' to create the Ricin powder, seems logical to me.  And he does it when he is under custody by the DEA, to ensure Skyler is fully exonerated.

• Upvote 1

Walt is going to die on this last episode.  That is one thing I believe after watching more interviews with Vince... He has stated why he picked Bryan Cranston - going back to X-files 'Drive' episode.  And why he brought him in as the lead actor for Walter White.

If that is the case... How will he die?

Cancer?

Ricin?

Aryan Brotherhood?

At the hands of Jesse?

Other??

I still think the Ricin suicide would be pretty dramatic.  And while some think he wouldn't do that... I say he does because he knows there is no cure or going back from it.  And he is too scared to pull the trigger (as seen in the pilot).  So suicide using his knowlege of 'Chemistry' to create the Ricin powder, seems logical to me.  And he does it when he is under custody by the DEA, to ensure Skyler is fully exonerated.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled on the movie, Murder on the Orient Express.

Could be all of the above, Murder on the Orient Express style.

I agree, WW will die. Just how slowly/painful/tragic etc... That's the question.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
I agree with you Beachcomber - I'd like to know more about Gretchen and Walter and Grey Matter, probably Eliot too, in the finale. Knowing more about the details of why and how WW broke from GM & Gretchen might clear up a lot in terms of WW's motives for his actions. It's a bit abrupt because GM hasn't been given more screen time, but probably due to the short season. That probably means more chemistry scenes. I hated chem in HS, but love watching all the chem scenes in BB.

I don't think it can play too big of a role. I can't see a way in which it wouldn't feel somewhat awkward or forced to have this all go back to GM. I mean, it could, but as you said GM hasn't played a big role, so I don't know that it suddenly comes along as "The Answer".

And this season isn't short - it's 16 episodes long. :)

I thought perhaps that Jesse might kill Walt, because that would be Jesse "breaking bad" (or "more bad"), but he already killed Gayle, so that wouldn't be new territory for Jesse.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's interesting. I am sure Walter would have lived his life out in New Hamsphire, sending money to his son's friend every few months till its all theirs. Now that he has a vendetta to settle, he seems inclined to go back to the Walter we love, lets create mayhem.

I am almost sure Walter bites the dust. I am not sure he's a person to commit suicide. I think he will die protecting his family. Honestly, he'll probably hand everything over the the DEA and either kill the guy who was on the TV, or frame him as the backer of his hole drug enterprise. Taking revenge and exonerating his wife. Poetic justice i think.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't think it can play too big of a role. I can't see a way in which it wouldn't feel somewhat awkward or forced to have this all go back to GM. I mean, it could, but as you said GM hasn't played a big role, so I don't know that it suddenly comes along as "The Answer".

And this season isn't short - it's 16 episodes long. :)

I thought perhaps that Jesse might kill Walt, because that would be Jesse "breaking bad" (or "more bad"), but he already killed Gayle, so that wouldn't be new territory for Jesse.

Yeah, that makes sense. But if it did, would that take away from the ending for you?

As for the season length - this is off topic, but that class action suit against Apple for the whole definition of a season thing. Am I crazy in thinking the suit was silly? No one got ripped off, they paid the going price.

Steve

• Administrator

That's interesting. I am sure Walter would have lived his life out in New Hamsphire, sending money to his son's friend every few months till its all theirs. Now that he has a vendetta to settle, he seems inclined to go back to the Walter we love, lets create mayhem.

I am almost sure Walter bites the dust. I am not sure he's a person to commit suicide. I think he will die protecting his family. Honestly, he'll probably hand everything over the the DEA and either kill the guy who was on the TV, or frame him as the backer of his hole drug enterprise. Taking revenge and exonerating his wife. Poetic justice i think.

Actually, I kind of like that one. Frame Eliot.

Probably won't work though because their books will be clean, the companies with whom they do business with will show that they purchased goods and services, etc. There won't be any evidence of drug-making, they'll have alibis for where they were at several points when people were killed, etc., and so on.

Yeah, that makes sense. But if it did, would that take away from the ending for you?

As for the season length - this is off topic, but that class action suit against Apple for the whole definition of a season thing. Am I crazy in thinking the suit was silly? No one got ripped off, they paid the going price.

My only two points are:

1) Apple did nothing wrong, and in fact covered up for AMC in going above and beyond.

2) AMC, Vince, etc. all knew the final season would be 16 episodes, split up 8 and 8.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can't see the Aryan's taking Walt down. That would be a crappy ending...they aren't important enough IMO.

Ryan M

That would be something. I like this one too. And somehow get the Aryans to kill G&E;? That would be epic. I want to see Lydia bite it too.

I wonder if there's going to be a wink to Friday Night Lights as to the Landry manslaughter/murder silliness in that show. Probably not.

Steve

I can't see the Aryan's taking Walt down. That would be a crappy ending...they aren't important enough IMO.

But they were important enough to take out Hank and Andrea - had Skyler by the throat, and have beat the living :poo: out of poor Jesse as their meth slave.

It's interesting... I don't think Walt will die at their hands either.  But will Jesse?  Man... There is a lot of 'What If's' going into this 'Felina'.

But they were important enough to take out Hank and Andrea - had Skyler by the throat, and have beat the living  out of poor Jesse as their meth slave.

It's interesting... I don't think Walt will die at their hands either.  But will Jesse?  Man... There is a lot of 'What If's' going into this 'Felina'.

Walt > ( Hank + Gomie + Andrea + Skyler )

I can't see Jesse or Walt going out by the Aryans. I could be wrong, but I just don't see them going out that way.

Ryan M

But they were important enough to take out Hank and Andrea - had Skyler by the throat, and have beat the living  out of poor Jesse as their meth slave.

I think death by Aryans would be fitting.  Walter's always been in over his head.  Getting tied up with these really bad guys and coming out on top seems unlikely.  Even if he's done it a hundred times before.  Eventually, it catches up with him.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Just thought of this...

Going back to the episodes where Walt and Jesse teamed up with the Nazis originally, to start the Vamanos Pest operation, they were originally thieves. Then they all made the deal not to steal anything else from there on out. They were to take orders from Walt and Jesse and to only take "their share."

Now the went ahead and said f-ck you to all of that and in the end: were thieves.

Nothing ground breaking just something I remembered.

Also lold last night when my fiance and  I were watching older episodes. It was Season 2 where Walt first meets Gus and Gus tells Walt, you can never trust an addict.

Welp.. Yeah. He got ya there Walter lol

Just thought of this...

Going back to the episodes where Walt and Jesse teamed up with the Nazis originally, to start the Vamanos Pest operation, they were originally thieves. Then they all made the deal not to steal anything else from there on out. They were to take orders from Walt and Jesse and to only take "their share."

Now the went ahead and said f-ck you to all of that and in the end: were thieves.

Yeah, I was thinking about something similar yesterday.  I was going to make some sort of wise crack about how if they just listened to Saul and chose the Laser Tag store as their front, and minded their own business back by the pinball machines, then they wouldn't be in any of this mess right now.  During the train robbery, they could have had Huell driving the truck and Bill Burr helping with the water hose.  Drew Sharp would have lived and said nothing.  Jesse wouldn't go into a walking coma.

What would NOT change is that Mike's guys are still in jail, their hazard pay is still getting seized, and Walt is going to want them dead.  Of course, without Todd he doesn't have Jack, and thus no resources for pulling off the assassinations.  But, I imagine he would have figured something out because getting caught certainly wasn't an option for him.  And, thanks to his greed and pride, neither was quitting.

No matter which way you slice it ... the downfall is/was inevitable.

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!