Jump to content
iacas

2019 Presidents Cup

309 posts / 17090 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

I’ve got to wonder if the results would be different if the captain was completely focused on leading the team, rather than trying to play as well.

I don't think so. These guys know how to play golf. What's a guy driving around in a cart going to do that Steve Stricker driving around in a cart isn't doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Finally...a putt. We need a huge momentum shift. Ball striking just not there. Ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think so. These guys know how to play golf. What's a guy driving around in a cart going to do that Steve Stricker driving around in a cart isn't doing?

My Marines knew how to fight too.  But sometimes it takes leadership to pull them all together into a cohesive unit rather than just a group of highly talented individuals.

There’s a reason we scrutinize football coaches that lose too many games despite talented individual players too.  
 

Just a thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

My Marines knew how to fight too.  But sometimes it takes leadership to pull them all together into a cohesive unit rather than just a group of highly talented individuals.

I think you're vastly over-estimating how much captains "coach" in these things.

The comparison to a football coach who actively makes calls re: strategy, deployment, alignments, plays, etc. is not appropriate.

And again, Stricker is out there captaining right now. He won the last PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I think you're vastly over-estimating how much captains "coach" in these things.

The comparison to a football coach who actively makes calls re: strategy, deployment, alignments, plays, etc. is not appropriate.

And again, Stricker is out there captaining right now. He won the last PC.

I’m thinking less “coaching”, and more “leading/inspiring”...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We are running out of holes today. DJ looks lost on the greens. Woodland just lost. Reed and Simpson??  Woods and JT grinding. It should be easier fo these guys. 
 

internationals want it more as of now. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I’m thinking less “coaching”, and more “leading/inspiring”...

I think your dislike for Tiger is clouding your judgment.

Stricker "lead" just fine two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I’ve got to wonder if the results would be different if the captain was completely focused on leading the team, rather than trying to play as well.

 

Or if the captain and his team had focused last week on learning the course instead of kicking off silly season in the Bahamas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DJ needs to sit tomorrow. Back to back days his group getting slaughtered. The time off from injury is showing. Maybe should have sat this one out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

DJ needs to sit tomorrow. Back to back days his group getting slaughtered. The time off from injury is showing. Maybe should have sat this one out. 

Should've pulled a Brooks, yeah, and stayed home. Kevin Na would be well received right now, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is so hard to watch.  Looks like a bunch of locals taking all the money from visiting tourists.

is it possible we don’t even make it to Sunday.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DJ has yet to play 16 holes in a day. 
 

International squad is making the shots they need to. We are looking timid. 
 

If we don’t grab at least 2 points this session it could be done Friday for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between the Ryder Cup and this, we really need to evaluate who can compete the foreign courses the best.  Just because a player is top 8, doesn’t mean that player should automatically be selected.

John

Edited by 70sSanO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...