42 posts / 2055 viewsLast Reply

GCLogo.png

U.S. Presidents Cup captain Tiger Woods may have declared himself a captain's pick for the matches at Royal Melbourne.

Hmmmm…

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 hour ago, iacas said:
GCLogo.png

U.S. Presidents Cup captain Tiger Woods may have declared himself a captain's pick for the matches at Royal Melbourne.

Hmmmm…

I wish he hadn't.   It would be nice to give the spot to some of the deserving rookies.

44 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I wish he hadn't.   It would be nice to give the spot to some of the deserving rookies.

He does play that course well though.

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

It's an exhibition event and nobody is going to get more eyeballs and more publicity for the President's Cup than Tiger Woods. It's an absolute no brainer for him to play as long as he's healthy, IMO. 

I cannot remember the last time I was this excited for a Presidents' Cup.  It may have been in 2007, but that was the first one I watched, and since I had trouble watching a lot of the previous year's Ryder Cup (my first since taking up golf), I was excited because I'd get to watch it.

16 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I agree...but then again these rookies have plenty of time to play in future Prez Cups...Tiger doesn’t.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:27 PM, dennyjones said:

If they were "deserving" they would have made the team on points. 

10 minutes ago, dagogolfer25 said:

If they were "deserving" they would have made the team on points. 

exactly - picks are in November.  If Tiger is still 8th in the world (and 5th of only americans), I wonder which rookies are more deserving......

2019-09-19 14_40_27-Official World Golf Ranking - Ranking.jpg

It's a narcissistic move.  He played great for 4 days in April, but what has he done lately?  Exhibition or not, I want the United States to win.  I don't want a guy who's busy being captain having to also worry about playing well and getting points for the United States.  And why should he risk being a goat and not the G.O.A.T.?  It's time to give others a chance.

37 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

It's a narcissistic move.

He’s still one of the top players. What four guys that didn’t qualify would you pick above him?

Plus it’s an exhibition.

Just wonder how much he can play. It seems like his back was almost day to day as the season went on. Also, don't more guys play everyday in the President's Cup vs. the Ryder Cup?

Edited by Sandy Divot

4 hours ago, iacas said:

He’s still one of the top players. What four guys that didn’t qualify would you pick above him?

Plus it’s an exhibition.

Do you really think that golfers all over the world who are watching consider it just an exhibition?  Do you think that any Captain wants his players to consider it just an exhibition?  Remember the Ryder Cup's "War on the Shore?"  They didn't call it the "Exhibition on the Shore."  These Cups are serious matches that are held every two years and I want the United States to win.  

There are definitely four other guys who I would pick over Tiger. 

I also happen to think it's unfair for any Captain to pick himself.  It's hardly fair and objective.

1 minute ago, Herkimer said:

And those are.......

26 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Do you really think that golfers all over the world who are watching consider it just an exhibition?  Do you think that any Captain wants his players to consider it just an exhibition?  Remember the Ryder Cup's "War on the Shore?"  They didn't call it the "Exhibition on the Shore."  These Cups are serious matches that are held every two years and I want the United States to win.  

I also happen to think it's unfair for any Captain to pick himself.  It's hardly fair and objective.

You ducked the question.

I ducked it on purpose because you'll never agree, so why bother?  I said what I had to say.  If Tiger plays, I will certainly be rooting for him to win every match.

1 hour ago, Herkimer said:

I ducked it on purpose because you'll never agree, so why bother?

So what? You have an opinion as to who might be better choices to play than Tiger. Sounds like a decent discussion. No reason to duck it. Hell for alternate shot I’d like to have Cameron Champ in there. 

On 9/14/2019 at 12:58 AM, Shindig said:

I cannot remember the last time I was this excited for a Presidents' Cup.

I have never been excited for a Presidents' Cup, and this year won't be any different.

Seriously, just give the US the W already and lets move on.