IGNORED

NCAA Football 2019

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't see how LSU won't end up with the #1 this week.   The B1G isn't strong enough to get that team down south to a higher ranking.   Their schedule isn't that strong.

After Michigan exposed Penn State during the second half of their game, I didn't think Penn State would challenge for the division title.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I don't see how LSU won't end up with the #1 this week.   The B1G isn't strong enough to get that team down south to a higher ranking.   Their schedule isn't that strong.

After Michigan exposed Penn State during the second half of their game, I didn't think Penn State would challenge for the division title.   

I never thought PSU would, not with OSU doing what they’re doing. OSU just a much more complete team than PSU/WI/MI. I was just hoping to see OSU get a good workout before the playoffs. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Did you watch the Minn/PSU game? Just seemed like PSU couldn’t get it going to finish anything. Aside from having 3-0 turnovers....PSU led on possession/TY/3rd down conversion and first downs.

Minnesota is a weird team that feasts off explosive plays. There is a good YouTube channel that has their own metric system. They mentioned that Minnesota's way of scoring is a bit strange. Kinda fit the bill for this game. 

The big thing was the three turnovers. Still, a good win for Minnesota. From what I heard was all on the QB making horrible decisions. Also, I think PSU isn't a good away team. They score about a touchdown less on the road than at home. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Minnesota is a weird team that feasts off explosive plays. There is a good YouTube channel that has their own metric system. They mentioned that Minnesota's way of scoring is a bit strange. Kinda fit the bill for this game. 

The big thing was the three turnovers. Still, a good win for Minnesota. From what I heard was all on the QB making horrible decisions. Also, I think PSU isn't a good away team. They score about a touchdown less on the road than at home. 

That’s exactly how I saw it. Sometime in the third quarter they showed Minnesota averaging 11.4 yds/carry and Penn 7.2.  Penn was trying to throw passes to double teamed receivers, holding on to the ball way too long. But yeah...the three turn overs were critical...just took all the life outta PSU.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

So at this point taking the teams positions at any given time, LSU has beaten 4 top 10 teams with two of them still top 10.

OSU has beaten.....1. With zero currently top 10.

Ok? And Alabama and Clemson haven't beaten any top 10 teams. LSU and OSU are pretty clearly the top 2 teams in my opinion.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Keep in mind, sports fans, that the Golden Gophers have seven national titles to their credit.  The last one as recent as the Eisenhower administration.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

My TOP 10 rankings based on who you have beaten, and how you have looked in wins and losses.  

1. LSU 
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. OU
6. Georgia 
7. Penn State
8. Utah
9. Wisconsin
10. Oregon

My Top 10 rankings based just if I went down the list of who I think beats who. The higher you are I think you can beat the teams below you more often then the teams above you. 

1. Ohio State 
2. LSU 
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OU
7. Penn State (If you look at the Minnesota lost, they had all the metrics to win that game except for 3 very crucial turnovers)
8. Utah 
9. Florida
10. Oregon

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

My TOP 10 rankings based on who you have beaten, and how you have looked in wins and losses.  

1. LSU 
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. OU
6. Georgia 
7. Penn State
8. Utah
9. Wisconsin
10. Oregon

My Top 10 rankings based just if I went down the list of who I think beats who. The higher you are I think you can beat the teams below you more often then the teams above you. 

1. Ohio State 
2. LSU 
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OU
7. Penn State (If you look at the Minnesota lost, they had all the metrics to win that game except for 3 very crucial turnovers)
8. Utah 
9. Florida
10. Oregon

I like your lists. I agree with list one. List two I put:

1. LSU 2 Clemson 3. Alabama 4. OSU.

I really wish PSU had won that game though. Like you said, they had all the stats there and just couldn’t overcome those three turnovers. Both Wisconsin and now PSU have staled for OSU. Unless a bizarre fluke occurs ( which of course we’ve all seen in the past) I don’t think Minnesota has snowball’s chance in hell against OSU. Michigan is a weaker team than OSU but the rivalry factor, home stadium plays a big role so that’s definitely something to consider.

Some cool graphs from Sportsource Analytics, 

3289BFB0-AA9B-4588-B937-312240D3730E.jpeg

AC37BB34-E738-499F-94D0-1BB393802B6A.jpeg

9BBC4B57-8D4D-41ED-98AE-22B811EFA44D.jpeg

8E95F434-D707-4E31-BD3C-F5DBBFC8AC00.jpeg

B922A1EC-25A4-47F0-A707-A634993DDDAA.jpeg

E40DB93B-684F-4645-BF2D-83E238DA9278.jpeg

18C46D14-41A9-4081-B3ED-D164B5B5A6F0.jpeg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well...Tua’s out for the season with a hip dislocation, Georgia had a nice win against ranked Auburn, Minnesota lost to ranked Iowa ( always a scrappy team), we’ll see how good ranked Baylor is tonight against OU, OhioSt beat its cupcake, Clemson beat its cupcake, PSU squeaked by unranked Indiana. I’d like to see OhioSt/Clemson as it would be each other’s first real test. Nobody cares how many points each beat their cupcakes by ...unless it’s all you have to go by, like Clemson. OhioSt obviously has better wins than Clemson but the hopefuls have dwindled with PSU, Wis, Minn recent performances. Maybe Michigan will give them a run? Shame to see Tua get hurt like that. Poor kid..hope he recovers well. 

Criminey OU has a Sunbelt Conf. defense...just awful.

Sad to see Tua go down.   What the hell is wrong with the coaching staff?  He's coming off of an injury, they already had the game in hand and there was no need for him to be in the game.   There is talk his hip may be broken.   Regardless of the team, you don't want to see a season ending injury.  

I believe Clemson will win out, TTDS will win out, LSU will win out and Oregon/Utah  may make the 4th team in the playoff.  It's early but there were a lot of pretenders.   Minnesota is decent but not a top 10.   Penn State is decent but not a top 10.  Oklahoma is good but needs a better defense. 

In the B1G, it won't surprise me to see Wisconsin win the West.   I don't think Minnesota can beat them.  

Alabama has a cupcake next week and then Auburn.   I don't see them making the playoff.

It's interesting as the season winds down, to see the playoff/bowl game possibilities.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

How to go from Heisman favorite to career ending injury in one play? Hope not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

How to go from Heisman favorite to career ending injury in one play? Hope not.

I was trying to figure out his injury earlier and kinda guessed at the dislocated hip. Terrible injury to have. The news is he is done for the year. He probably was planning on going to the NFL next year. I hope it doesn’t reck his career.

reports showing he suffered a posterior wall fracture. Which looks like a fracture of hip area that helps secure the hip ball and socket joints. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I was trying to figure out his injury earlier and kinda guessed at the dislocated hip. Terrible injury to have. The news is he is done for the year. He probably was planning on going to the NFL next year. I hope it doesn’t reck his career.

reports showing he suffered a posterior wall fracture. Which looks like a fracture of hip area that helps secure the hip ball and socket joints. 

Just awful. They showed that clip where it was speculated that Tua was asking Saban to keep him in. Hindsight is 20/20 but damn..why the hell keep your QB in when the game is already had. 

A lesson to all of us that any play could be your last. I hate it when this kind of thing happens...but it does.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Great to hear Dr. Cain, the orthopedic doc on Tua’s case, say he expects full recovery. They were able to reduce the pelvis at the stadium prior to departure to the hospital. That’s some awesome Ortho work there. 

Other good news...OU came back from their largest deficit in school history (25pts) and beat Baylor. 

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just awful. They showed that clip where it was speculated that Tua was asking Saban to keep him in. Hindsight is 20/20 but damn..why the hell keep your QB in when the game is already had. 

Simple answer is players want to play

Not the same thing, but look only to the Patriots and 42 year old QB Tom Brady and you will see him play almost every down no matter the game circumstance.

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 1556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!