Vinsk

NCAA Football 2019

189 posts / 5025 viewsLast Reply

I don't see how LSU won't end up with the #1 this week.   The B1G isn't strong enough to get that team down south to a higher ranking.   Their schedule isn't that strong.

After Michigan exposed Penn State during the second half of their game, I didn't think Penn State would challenge for the division title.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I don't see how LSU won't end up with the #1 this week.   The B1G isn't strong enough to get that team down south to a higher ranking.   Their schedule isn't that strong.

After Michigan exposed Penn State during the second half of their game, I didn't think Penn State would challenge for the division title.   

I never thought PSU would, not with OSU doing what they’re doing. OSU just a much more complete team than PSU/WI/MI. I was just hoping to see OSU get a good workout before the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Did you watch the Minn/PSU game? Just seemed like PSU couldn’t get it going to finish anything. Aside from having 3-0 turnovers....PSU led on possession/TY/3rd down conversion and first downs.

Minnesota is a weird team that feasts off explosive plays. There is a good YouTube channel that has their own metric system. They mentioned that Minnesota's way of scoring is a bit strange. Kinda fit the bill for this game. 

The big thing was the three turnovers. Still, a good win for Minnesota. From what I heard was all on the QB making horrible decisions. Also, I think PSU isn't a good away team. They score about a touchdown less on the road than at home. 

8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Minnesota is a weird team that feasts off explosive plays. There is a good YouTube channel that has their own metric system. They mentioned that Minnesota's way of scoring is a bit strange. Kinda fit the bill for this game. 

The big thing was the three turnovers. Still, a good win for Minnesota. From what I heard was all on the QB making horrible decisions. Also, I think PSU isn't a good away team. They score about a touchdown less on the road than at home. 

That’s exactly how I saw it. Sometime in the third quarter they showed Minnesota averaging 11.4 yds/carry and Penn 7.2.  Penn was trying to throw passes to double teamed receivers, holding on to the ball way too long. But yeah...the three turn overs were critical...just took all the life outta PSU.

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

So at this point taking the teams positions at any given time, LSU has beaten 4 top 10 teams with two of them still top 10.

OSU has beaten.....1. With zero currently top 10.

Ok? And Alabama and Clemson haven't beaten any top 10 teams. LSU and OSU are pretty clearly the top 2 teams in my opinion.

Keep in mind, sports fans, that the Golden Gophers have seven national titles to their credit.  The last one as recent as the Eisenhower administration.

My TOP 10 rankings based on who you have beaten, and how you have looked in wins and losses.  

1. LSU 
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. OU
6. Georgia 
7. Penn State
8. Utah
9. Wisconsin
10. Oregon

My Top 10 rankings based just if I went down the list of who I think beats who. The higher you are I think you can beat the teams below you more often then the teams above you. 

1. Ohio State 
2. LSU 
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OU
7. Penn State (If you look at the Minnesota lost, they had all the metrics to win that game except for 3 very crucial turnovers)
8. Utah 
9. Florida
10. Oregon

9 hours ago, saevel25 said:

My TOP 10 rankings based on who you have beaten, and how you have looked in wins and losses.  

1. LSU 
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. OU
6. Georgia 
7. Penn State
8. Utah
9. Wisconsin
10. Oregon

My Top 10 rankings based just if I went down the list of who I think beats who. The higher you are I think you can beat the teams below you more often then the teams above you. 

1. Ohio State 
2. LSU 
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. OU
7. Penn State (If you look at the Minnesota lost, they had all the metrics to win that game except for 3 very crucial turnovers)
8. Utah 
9. Florida
10. Oregon

I like your lists. I agree with list one. List two I put:

1. LSU 2 Clemson 3. Alabama 4. OSU.

I really wish PSU had won that game though. Like you said, they had all the stats there and just couldn’t overcome those three turnovers. Both Wisconsin and now PSU have staled for OSU. Unless a bizarre fluke occurs ( which of course we’ve all seen in the past) I don’t think Minnesota has snowball’s chance in hell against OSU. Michigan is a weaker team than OSU but the rivalry factor, home stadium plays a big role so that’s definitely something to consider.