IGNORED

Matt Every Suspended Three Months for Marijuana

iacas
Note: This thread is 1590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

On Wednesday at the Zozo Championship, Tour commissioner Jay Monahan was asked about the policy.

“Ultimately, we don't determine what is a banned substance and what's not, we rely on WADA for doing that,” Monahan said. “We'll continue to stay very close not only to that substance but any potential substance that would come on or come off the list.”

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, iacas said:

And employers should have the freedom to fire potheads.

Pothead!  Haha. I bet you think Reefer Madness was spot on !  Pothead!  Haha

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Pothead!  Haha. I bet you think Reefer Madness was spot on !  Pothead!  Haha

A pothead is just someone who does a bunch of pot.

Nope, couldn't care less about reefer madness.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, Missouri Swede said:

Of course not. Always neat, with maybe a drop or two of water. :content:

patience....the ice will melt

Bill - 

47 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I knew a section PGA pro who could barley break 80 sober but you give him a bowl or two and he'd go out and shoot 65. He would have won 20 majors if the PGA Tour let players blaze. 😂

OT (but I can’t resist)

Spoiler

Ergo scotch whisky, and not other forms of whiskey. ;-)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 10/27/2019 at 9:58 PM, iacas said:

A pothead is just someone who does a bunch of pot.

Nope, couldn't care less about reefer madness.

It's a derogatory term usually used by someone who has a disdain for those who smoke pot.  You know that.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Zekez said:

It's a derogatory term usually used by someone who has a disdain for those who smoke pot.  You know that.

Which is why I said that employers should be able to fire potheads.

You've failed completely to provide any real arguments here, instead trying to rely on stuff like this. Yep, I know that calling someone a "pothead" is derogatory. I tend to write what I mean.

56 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Is sure is.  I know "potheads" they let it affect their regular life in negative ways, they are slow, they don't work well.  They should not have protection from being fired for cause.  Pot is a main cause or correlated symptom.

I also know users that handle the substance without any issues.  I don't call them potheads.  I have no reason to think of them individually in a derogatory fashion.

Disdain is reserved for individuals that demonstrate they deserve it.  Not broad demographics of people

Edited by rehmwa
  • Like 1

Bill - 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, rehmwa said:

Is sure is.  I know "potheads" they let it affect their regular life in negative ways, they are slow, they don't work well.  They should not have protection from being fired for cause.  Pot is a main cause or correlated symptom.

I also know users that handle the substance without any issues.  I don't call them potheads.  I have no reason to think of them individually in a derogatory fashion.

Disdain is reserved for individuals that demonstrate they deserve it.  Not broad demographics of people

Bingo.

I've had friends that smoke pot 3-4 times a week and are perfectly functioning adults. I've also had friends or known "potheads" who are not.

I said only that businesses should be able to fire "potheads." I didn't say they should be able to fire anyone for smoking pot, ever.

You're reading your own biases into what people have to say, @Zekez.

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Bingo.

I've had friends that smoke pot 3-4 times a week and are perfectly functioning adults. I've also had friends or known "potheads" who are not.

I said only that businesses should be able to fire "potheads." I didn't say they should be able to fire anyone for smoking pot, ever.

You're reading your own biases into what people have to say, @Zekez.

Businesses should fire anyone who doesn't perform up to standards, regardless of why.   Your biases shine through too .

On 10/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, iacas said:

Which is why I said that employers should be able to fire potheads.

You've failed completely to provide any real arguments here, instead trying to rely on stuff like this. Yep, I know that calling someone a "pothead" is derogatory. I tend to write what I mean.

Arguments about what?  I maintain that smoking pot is not a real serious health or life altering issue.  Again, YMMV.

Just because you provided a few real life instances of a weed smoker experiencing some bad life events means little in this conversation.  

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Businesses should fire anyone who doesn't perform up to standards, regardless of why.   Your biases shine through too.

It's not a bias, it's a rational opinion that's not the least bit unfair.

Potheads underperform.

36 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Arguments about what?  I maintain that smoking pot is not a real serious health or life altering issue.  Again, YMMV.

Except that it is, and your only refutation of this was basically your opinion of your life experiences.

36 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Just because you provided a few real life instances of a weed smoker experiencing some bad life events means little in this conversation.  

It directly contradicts your earlier statements.

Regardless, and once again, the topic of the conversation is about Matt Every, not pot smoking in general.

Back to the actual topic.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, rehmwa said:

patience....the ice will melt

On 10/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, Missouri Swede said:

Of course not. Always neat, with maybe a drop or two of water. :content:

Noooooooooooooo

I don't drink anymore, but putting water or ice in scotch is an abomination. Save up for good scotch and learn to enjoy the pure unadulterated flavor without diluting it or freezing your taste buds.

Colin P.

23 hours ago, colin007 said:

Noooooooooooooo

I don't drink anymore, but putting water or ice in scotch is an abomination. Save up for good scotch and learn to enjoy the pure unadulterated flavor without diluting it or freezing your taste buds.

I drink very good scotch and have tried it neat but unless I am nursing a cold or the flu I much prefer ice.  I suppose it is the way I started drinking it in my 30's and it is what I enjoy.  I know, I cringe when my grandkids put ketchup on hot dogs but they like it.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, colin007 said:

Noooooooooooooo

I used to think that - and that it's a 'purity' thing.  But no - I was eventually forced to admit that it was a beginner thing.  I was confusing the need for water to take down a harsh bite from cheap stuff.  But for good stuff, that's just wrong - they aren't harsh, so it's all about the experience.

The better the scotch, the more variety you get from contrasting adding water vs drinking neat can create very distinct flavors and nose and everything.  Some of them are so complex that the amount of water has definite impacts on the experience.  Golf forum - think of it as going to a top notch golf course and playing from different tees to experience the course in totally different ways.....  You don't always force the tips just because.

For anyone that wants to try, I've found a couple (some from Ardbeg are great examples and their website actually walks you through it) of the very peaty/smokey types where you can play around all day with constrasting neat vs water, etc from a single bottle and it's like a tasting from a half dozen bottles.....the water determines which of the flavors get emphasized.  It was an eye opener.

I'd say that if you save up for the good stuff, then the water is important to understand.  If you just want to hammer it straight, get the cheap stuff as it doesn't matter other than to bring down the harshness....

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

• Administrator
On 10/30/2019 at 12:42 PM, iacas said:

Regardless, and once again, the topic of the conversation is about Matt Every, not pot smoking in general.

Back to the actual topic.

Reminder, please.

• 1 month later...

I just wish worldwide that the sporting orgs would get a bit more modern on this issue. I much prefer the NHLs/CFLs and now MLBs stance on hot caring about players using THC and 2 of those are Olympic sports 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!