IGNORED

Flightscope Mevo+

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Like what?

Gears? I'm thinking more a device I never heard about though, so many products out there. Something in my blind spot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So it has something to do with Fusion Technology, watched a video and FT combines 3D, radar, and image processing abilities. To do what, I don't know, not familiar with X3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looked at the X3 page, the X3 uses the fusion technology, so guessing some of the features on the X3 are going to be on the M+? If I had more time, I'd cross out the M+ data points and just guess from which ones are left over.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 9.31.08 AM.png
Or maybe it's more accuracy?

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 9.40.42 AM.png

Or maybe chipping/pitching related.

• 2 weeks later...

According to their Twitter account they are going live in IG tomorrow (10/26) at 1pm EST to talk about the update. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I did say path and face above somewhere right? 11 additional parameters. FTP is face to path. What is FTT. Face to .... Ah, face to target.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's the link:

Stay in touch for the latest golf and product propackage for FlightScope Mevo.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 1.18.23 PM.png

It's early and I'm still processing, but for a total of 3K, that's device plus the upgrade, it looks to me like a good deal if the tracking is accurate.

2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Looks cool, and at least it's not a subscription, but $1000 for the upgrade is not chump change.

No, but considering you’re getting what a $20k unit can give you for $3k, it’s an absolute steal.

19 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, but considering you’re getting what a $20k unit can give you for $3k, it’s an absolute steal.

Totally - I wasn't doubting the value. Mevo+ is already at the top of my list for next year's golf purchases, but not sure if I'll early adopt the pro package if/when I do buy a Mevo+. However if the reviews are good, I will certainly give it heavy consideration.

6 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Totally - I wasn't doubting the value. Mevo+ is already at the top of my list for next year's golf purchases, but not sure if I'll early adopt the pro package if/when I do buy a Mevo+. However if the reviews are good, I will certainly give it heavy consideration.

I'm in the same boat, will be getting the Mevo+ next year when my new house is done for my garage simulator setup, but probably will have to wait on the Pro Package for at least a few months, maybe until I get a bonus at work or something.

I can get plenty of value and use out of the regular Mevo+ in terms of both helping improve my game and just to have fun with friends, I'm not sure if the added data points are going to be worth an extra $1,000 to me or not. 

6 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I was on the fence about it last year and I’m still on the fence about it now, but I’d definitely get the upgrade if I do get it. The stuff they added is really the data I’m after for my own practice, so if anything yea it’s more expensive, but it’s also more attractive to me now.

lets say I am more interested in the potential to go to the driving range, set something up quickly and easily and play a simulated round at the driving range...will either Mevo monitor do that on a phone?

To answer questions I anticipate, I don't run with an ipad or lap top so those aren't really options for me and with a game room and music room, convincing the wife I need a golf room has not proven fruitful...and when it comes to the numbers, while I know the basics...I want an inside out swing, etc, the smash factor and angle of attack and so forth are beyond my technical knowledge or interest so it might be the, on this site, oft-maligned Garmin R10 would be better as an overpriced simulator toy, just looking at options; would prefer the better quality Mevo if it does what I want, particularly since the alignment issue I keep hearing about is something I will struggle with

I wouldn't say I'm great at reading the numbers off a launch monitor, but I do feel like the path, face, HSP, VSP, low point, dynamic loft numbers are a big deal. I dunno what curve is and the difference between that and shot shape nor do I know what the acceleration and speed profiles are.

The livestream also mentioned official recommended external battery packs because if you get one that provides too much juice, you can fry the M+'s chips. Also that they anticipated limited supplies and bought extra and have 3K M+ in inventory.

• iacas changed the title to Flightscope Mevo+