IGNORED

Season Starts Soon!

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

The furry rodent predicted early Spring, so we are likely to get 12 more weeks of winter weather with a little warmth thrown in the middle of the week now and then to torture us.

Will be pretty cold here Friday, probably top out at 74-75. Brrrrrrrr 

unnamed.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, snapfade said:

I am all too familiar. I lived in Winter Park / Mt. Dora for a year and a half. Y'all grab your parkas when it drops below 80 for the high.

I am coming down for bike week in March, so make sure it warms up before then. 😉

- Shane

14 hours ago, snapfade said:

HEAT WAVE !!!!!!!  T Shirt and Shorts weather...…..

Our High tomorrow =  6 deg..... 

Adopt me !!!

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

I feel fortunate to live in the desert southwest.  Plus we have had a golf friendly winter so far this year. Not that we have much of a winter as it is. 

I think we have played 12+/- rounds since January 1st. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Golf season...? What is this thing you speak of?😀

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

11 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I lived in Winter Park / Mt. Dora for a year and a half.

So you went back to Ohio. There is a song with that in it from a long time ago.

Found it.

Edited by snapfade
added video

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

10 hours ago, IowaGreg said:

HEAT WAVE !!!!!!!  T Shirt and Shorts weather...…..

Our High tomorrow =  6 deg..... 

Adopt me !!!

Oh crap! I know that has to be heading my way! We're under a Winter Storm Warning until 10AM tomorrow. It's snowing to beat Hell right now, and is supposed to change to "wintry mix" during the night! I ran all my errands today so I don't have to set foot out of the house tomorrow if I don't want to! 

40 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Oh crap! I know that has to be heading my way! We're under a Winter Storm Warning until 10AM tomorrow. It's snowing to beat Hell right now, and is supposed to change to "wintry mix" during the night! I ran all my errands today so I don't have to set foot out of the house tomorrow if I don't want to! 

Sounds cozy.  Build a fire in the fireplace and make some chicken soup.

Alright y’all. First day of practice was today! We’ve got some good players (including me, of course!), so I believe we can go a long way this year as opposed to last year. Started out the season with five short game contests (my win count was a big fat 0), and one of our six players won two out of the five. Short game overall was pretty good, especially chipping. I chipped several within a club length (none of those in the contests), and putting was good, but not good enough to win. However, I feel good about my game coming into practice. I’m  not planning to post about every day of practice, unless y’all want me to. Countdown begins today: 19 days till the first match!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

On 1/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, mcanadiens said:

You southern guys and your "golf seasons".

Mine is still so far off, it hurts to think about.

I've played 8 times so far this year and it seems like I haven't played much at all due to the rain we've had. Not much cold weather just tons of rain. I know....won't get much sympathy from the one's up north. 

Edited by MSDOGS1976

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

12 hours ago, snapfade said:

So you went back to Ohio. There is a song with that in it from a long time ago.

Found it.

Yes... reluctantly... 😭

I'll be heading down in 3 weeks for bike week though. 😎

- Shane

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yes... reluctantly... 😭

I'll be heading down in 3 weeks for bike week though. 😎

Are you bringing leather pants with the backside cut out? Ive never been up there for bike week or any other event week, to crowded for me. The 500 is this weekend and the Donald will be there. I was up there this week on a job and the traffic was a little heavier than normal. I would like to see the super-bike races though. Hope you have a good time.

8 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Are you bringing leather pants with the backside cut out? Ive never been up there for bike week or any other event week, to crowded for me. The 500 is this weekend and the Donald will be there. I was up there this week on a job and the traffic was a little heavier than normal. I would like to see the super-bike races though. Hope you have a good time.

I will definitely bring my chaps, but the temperature will dictate whether I wear them. I'm hoping it's warm enough to ride down and have my wife follow me instead of bringing a trailer, but that is doubtful. Not sure if my golf clubs are coming too.

Just now, mcanadiens said:

For your sake, I hope not. We want more backside coverage, not less.

Not sure what bars you've been hanging out in, but they are worn OVER pants.

- Shane

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I will definitely bring my chaps, but the temperature will dictate whether I wear them. I'm hoping it's warm enough to ride down and have my wife follow me instead of bringing a trailer, but that is doubtful. Not sure if my golf clubs are coming too.

Obviously not biker bars. ... Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

5 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

There will be that one guy wearing them as pants. 

Alright y’all! We played 6 holes in practice today, from the red tees. I’ll give you a hole-by-hole walkthrough if my round, since I only played 6 holes. We played the 1, 2, 9 loop twice. No. 1 is a par 4, still a dogleg, but only 319 from the reds compared to 365 from the whites. I did something there that I’ve never done. I cut the corner, leaving me with just under 120 in. An easy 9I left me about a 10-footer. I left it about 3ft short, then missed the follow-up par putt and tapped in for bogey. Even though it had just stopped raining a few hours earlier, I thought the greens would be a bit faster than they were. Anyway, on to #2, which was playing 298 yards. Skied a 3W and left 150. Decided to hit my 7I, which was my 150 club. Off of soggy turf, I pured the shot to the back of the green. I then three-putted again for a bogey. +2 on the day. Then on to the par-5 ninth, which was playing 372. Made an easy par there, finally two-putting from about 15ft. I was playing a match against another one of my teammates, and I was six strokes ahead of him. On to #1 again. Hit an almost identical shot to the first loop, except this time I had about 130. Fatted it short, duffed a chip, and then took three more to get down for a double. Now +4 for the day through 4 holes. I had almost the same distance into the green on #2 as the first time after another poor shot, but this time I hit an 8I. Pin-high, about 12ft out. Easily my best shot of the day. I gave the putt a good read, and it died on the left lip and fell in, giving me the birdie and bringing me back down to +3. Fueled by momentum, I came up just short of the green in two on the par-5 ninth, our last hole of the day. I then hit a decent bump-and-run that ran about seven feet past the hole. With my coaches and teammates looking on, I barely missed the birdie putt, but tapped in for a par, and a final score of 3-over 29. Before we left, we were asked to share our scores. The best score was only two strokes better than mine, and two others tied me. While I’m thinking about it, here are two crazy moments from yesterday’s practice:

1) We were playing a 2-man worst-shot version of captains choice. On the second hole, my partner and I were 40 yards out, laying two. My partner’s ball landed right on the lip of the hole and spun out. That was a tough ball mark to fix. 😂

2) This was later, on the practice range. We were told to hit pitch shots to certain flags (which had holes underneath them). One shot was a GW to a pin about 25 yards out. I sent a missile right at the hole, and it slam-dunked straight in on the fly. Unfortunately, it did not stay in. I’m still laughing about this one as I write.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!