IGNORED

Exercise Plan Suggestions

Jon Cov
Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi.  I've turned the spare room into a gym since my son moved out and wondered if anyone with far more knowledge than me would be able to come up with an exercise plan for me.

I have the following in there:- Ecercise bike, rowing machine, manual treadmill and a weight bench (pic below).  Also the wondercore thing for crunches made easy.  I'm slowly trying to build up doing 5 minutes cardio then a set of each weights doing ten, then repeat with different cardio, weights etc.

Thanks.

weight-bench-with-lat-pull-down.jpg

2 hours ago, Jon Cov said:

Hi.  I've turned the spare room into a gym since my son moved out and wondered if anyone with far more knowledge than me would be able to come up with an exercise plan for me.

I have the following in there:- Ecercise bike, rowing machine, manual treadmill and a weight bench (pic below).  Also the wondercore thing for crunches made easy.  I'm slowly trying to build up doing 5 minutes cardio then a set of each weights doing ten, then repeat with different cardio, weights etc.

Thanks.

weight-bench-with-lat-pull-down.jpg

What are you goals? General fitness? Golf specific? We would need more to go on. Folks here will help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

What are you goals? General fitness? Golf specific? We would need more to go on. Folks here will help.

Ultimately to hit the ball further but after a few health problems and severe weight loss I need to build the general fitness and strength.  At times my weight drops to 9st which is shocking for a 6ft bloe albeit a slight build.  I've also got nerve damage in my left shoudler/neck that the doctors can do nothing about so there is 3cm muscle wasteage between my left arm and right arm (from wrist to top of the arm).  I've also previously slipped a disc on my sciatic nerve so balance is poor too.

In general and it's only recent I know but I'v been managing the 5 minutes cardio, weights then repeat two or 3 times ok.

I also have the resistance bands too and stretch/neck exercises on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Jon Cov said:

Ultimately to hit the ball further but after a few health problems and severe weight loss I need to build the general fitness and strength.  At times my weight drops to 9st which is shocking for a 6ft bloe albeit a slight build.  I've also got nerve damage in my left shoudler/neck that the doctors can do nothing about so there is 3cm muscle wasteage between my left arm and right arm (from wrist to top of the arm).  I've also previously slipped a disc on my sciatic nerve so balance is poor too.

In general and it's only recent I know but I'v been managing the 5 minutes cardio, weights then repeat two or 3 times ok.

I also have the resistance bands too and stretch/neck exercises on a daily basis.

Given your physical ailments, I’d say consult a doctor and a trainer about a fitness regimen that will work for you instead of the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Given your physical ailments, I’d say consult a doctor and a trainer about a fitness regimen that will work for you instead of the internet.

This^

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I agree with @billchao. Talk to your doctor or physical therapist first. There a lots of simple exercises that you can to to improve core strength that will help your swing. Tell your Dr or PT your goals. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yep way beyond recommendations from us. Go see a Pro. Ideally one who understands your health AND golf to give you guidance.

If you have this level of physical issues and weight loss. Getting a general strength program will give you better distance, likely.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, smsparks said:

Check out startingstrength.com or read the Barbell Prescription - tons of info on the benefits of strength training over "exercise".

Just pointing someone with the OP’s history of physical problems to workout programs is bad advice IMO. There are plenty of members here who have a good understanding of exercise and fitness, but there’s a reason nobody has suggested any routines for him to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!