IGNORED

Tournament Advice

deenic
Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, in a three day Club Championship.  After first round, I'm ahead by six strokes.  Second round I'm holding off perfect play from the reigning champion at even for the tournament going into the 13th.  I hit a shot into GUR in the desert, I drop and when I swing.  I hit an embedded rock and injure my hand.  Xrays are good, just a strain but it's hard to swing a club when you cant grip one properly.  

I still want to win this thing.  So what advice would you give to comeback from seven strokes to win?

Note: I'm a 4 handicap...with a good hand, lol

1 hour ago, deenic said:

So, in a three day Club Championship.  After first round, I'm ahead by six strokes.  Second round I'm holding off perfect play from the reigning champion at even for the tournament going into the 13th.  I hit a shot into GUR in the desert, I drop and when I swing.  I hit an embedded rock and injure my hand.  Xrays are good, just a strain but it's hard to swing a club when you cant grip one properly.  

I still want to win this thing.  So what advice would you give to comeback from seven strokes to win?

So you're hurt, you can't grip the club properly, and you're 7 strokes behind.  Two words of advice:

Next Year!

Of course, I'd just load up on ibuprofen before I left the house and hope for the best.  But its hard to expect very much when you can't grip properly.

And welcome to TST! :beer:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Withdraw.  

Don’t risk greater injury.  Even healthy, you’re likely too far behind to have any kind of reasonable chance.  

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)

Agreed. 7 strokes is hard to come back from even when totally healthy.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Withdraw.  

Don’t risk greater injury.  Even healthy, you’re likely too far behind to have any kind of reasonable chance.  

logo.svg

Justin Rose's rally from eight shots behind in the WGC-HSBC Champions tied for the third-biggest comeback in PGA Tour history. A look at the top nine.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 minute ago, snapfade said:
logo.svg

Justin Rose's rally from eight shots behind in the WGC-HSBC Champions tied for the third-biggest comeback in PGA Tour history. A look at the top nine.

Thank you for helping make my point.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Thank you for helping make my point.

Non of them had a busted hand. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

7 hours ago, deenic said:

If you started 6 ahead but now have dropped to 7 back with a strained hand that cannot grip a club, I think you have your answer. 🙂

I put Kinesiology Tape on my hand, wrapped it up in a snug right handed glove and worked on my grip and swing today for a couple of hours.  Since the doctor said it wasn't broke, I figured a little pain for a lot of gain.  Luckily I was able to grip the club to about 80% of normal but actually hit pretty well.  It's still pretty sore but I've been icing it and taking ibuprofen.  I'm not really the kind to give up, so tomorrow I hope I'm able to come back and post how I won by one shot in a playoff...

Either way, I'm going to make her sweat and give her a good run at it.  Wish me luck!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, deenic said:

I put Kinesiology Tape on my hand, wrapped it up in a snug right handed glove and worked on my grip and swing today for a couple of hours.  Since the doctor said it wasn't broke, I figured a little pain for a lot of gain.  Luckily I was able to grip the club to about 80% of normal but actually hit pretty well.  It's still pretty sore but I've been icing it and taking ibuprofen.  I'm not really the kind to give up, so tomorrow I hope I'm able to come back and post how I won by one shot in a playoff...

Either way, I'm going to make her sweat and give her a good run at it.  Wish me luck!

Good luck. 

Try to enjoy it.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!