IGNORED

What Is Wrong With My Trackman Data?

Note: This thread is 1460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to PGA tour stores, and I hit 10 balls apiece with a 7 iron(35 degree Jpx 900 tour), 5 wood(18 degree steelhead) and a 9.5 degree rogue driver. These were my averages. Sad thing is, I felt that I was crushing my driver, and the ball was barely going 240 on the course. I have a bad swing, but I'm pretty ripped. 

0314201452.jpg

0314201455.jpg

0314201453.jpg

7 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

Went to PGA tour stores, and I hit 10 balls apiece with a 7 iron(35 degree Jpx 900 tour), 5 wood(18 degree steelhead) and a 9.5 degree rogue driver. These were my averages. Sad thing is, I felt that I was crushing my driver, and the ball was barely going 240 on the course. I have a bad swing, but I'm pretty ripped. 

0314201452.jpg

0314201455.jpg

0314201453.jpg

So what's your question?  Be more clear in what you are asking.  This looks like a shotgun blast of information with little organization.

8 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

I have a bad swing, but I'm pretty ripped. 

haha ok.  A bad swing is going to trump you being "pretty ripped."  Also, is this data coming from an actual Trackman or another launch monitor?  It doesn't look like a Trackman screen.  Even if the data is correct, you're making a faulty assumption that just because you can get these numbers means you always will on the golf course.  On the course there's tons of variable like wind, slope, and other conditions.  Further, maybe this wasn't your true average and was just a one-off---either the launch monitor performance or even the the golf course.  At 150 mph ball speed, you should certainly hit it further than 240.  In fact, at 150 mph ball speed, you should carry it further than 240, but that's assuming good launch characteristics.  

Again, be more clear in what you are saying.  🙂

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sim's are sim's....I always get 'jacked' results on a sim.

REAL golf is played on a REAL course....don't worry what happens in a sim....worry about the results you obtain on a REAL course.

Don't be a POSER worrying about sim vs, REAL course results.

"I have a bad swing, but I'm pretty ripped"...is such a classic POSER comment.. 

Edited by Mr22putt

3 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Sim's are sim's....I always get 'jacked' results on a sim.

REAL golf is played on a REAL course....don't worry what happens in a sim....worry about the results you obtain on a REAL course.

Don't be a POSER worrying about sim vs, REAL course results.

"I have a bad swing, but I'm pretty ripped"...is such a classic POSER comment.. 

The last part of your statement is true to some degree; however, your assessment of LM's is not completely accurate.  You can get "jacked" results because a) there are no consequences or b) the LM is setup with stat boosts.  Nonetheless, as a LM owner, I see the same performance because I use the LM precisely for what it was intended--improving my game and not padding my ego.  

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The last part of your statement is true to some degree; however, your assessment of LM's is not completely accurate.  You can get "jacked" results because a) there are no consequences or b) the LM is setup with stat boosts.  Nonetheless, as a LM owner, I see the same performance because I use the LM precisely for what it was intended--improving my game and not padding my ego.  

I will say that I do get some jacked results in the sim especially when hitting irons because the 2 layers of tape at a retail store can be taking up to 2000 rpms of the spin.

I also get more forgiving results off the mats on sim's or even off the mats at the driving range with the irons.....kinda hard to hit a fat shot off a mat or take a fat divot off a mat.

I go to the range a bit more often in the winter back at home...to get fresh air...I don't like hitting off a mat.....it's not REAL golf.

I basically only look at carry # on a sim....many people never look at dispersion numbers

Too many POSER's at retail sim's....I've been dealing with a family matter for 6 weeks out of towns and been at the retailer a bit more than usual to pass some time.

56 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

because the 2 layers of tape at a retail store can be taking up to 2000 rpms of the spin.

Of course, but that's an added fact to the situation.   I don't tape up my irons.  That has nothing to do with a launch monitor--that's the store folks.

56 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

I also get more forgiving results off the mats on sim's or even off the mats at the driving range with the irons.....kinda hard to hit a fat shot off a mat or take a fat divot off a mat.

Again, nothing to do with a LM.  As you mentioned, that is also at a driving range.  My gc2 goes with me to grass mats when I want.

57 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

I go to the range a bit more often in the winter back at home...to get fresh air...I don't like hitting off a mat.....it's not REAL golf.

Unless you're playing golf, then nothing is "real golf."

57 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

I basically only look at carry # on a sim....many people never look at dispersion numbers

Ok, so which is it--do you look at carry or do you look at dispersion?  Reread what you wrote.🙂

I look at all the ball data points.  I focus on ball speed to measure my level of striking, as well as start line and curve.

59 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Too many POSER's at retail sim's.

Who cares?  Why do you care so much about what others are doing--worry about yourself.  You sound like the type of person who gets their blood pressure up for no reason other than you're annoyed by other people.  Word of advice: get over that, for your own good.  It's not worth it.  Go to the store and do your business and quit worrying about other people.  Calling someone a "poser" is just dumb.  You don't know them.  And even if they are a "poser"--why do you care so much?  Does it affect you and your golf? 

Don't go to a retail store and buy a launch monitor then.  That's what I did.  That's what great paying jobs are for (not intended to sound elitist).

None of what you have argued here has anything to do with what is inherent with a LM.  You're griping about external factors here.

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

In fact, at 150 mph ball speed, you should carry it further than 240, but that's assuming good launch characteristics.  

I'm not sure what the OP is actually asking either. But it looks like his 150 mph ball speed is carrying 248 with total distance at 262.

It appears his launch angle is only 5.5 degrees, which may be at least one reason why he's leaking yardage. 

But again, I'm not sure what he's asking. The numbers seem to "add up" for lack of a better term. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• iacas changed the title to What Is Wrong With My Trackman Data?
1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

None of what you have argued here has anything to do with what is inherent with a LM.  You're griping about external factors here.

I'm not arguing about anything...just making some observation.

As mentioned prior....I'm out of province tending to a family matter...so I'm not at home doing my usual thing.....so I'm passing some time here in Toronto when I get bored and going to some retailers to kill some time that I would not be doing if I was back home.

And yes...I do like the POSER comments on golf forums....they are entertaining...again...I'm on the golf forums to kill some time too....especially considering there is not much to watch on TV due to the Covid issues.

13 hours ago, ncates00 said:

This looks like a shotgun blast of information with little organization.

FWIW, all his posts are like this. We even created a thread for most of them.

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93221-stefanurkels-random-musings/?tab=comments#comment-1295315

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You don't have any Trackman data there, so there isn't anything wrong with your Trackman data.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Without club head data (speed, path, smash factor, etc.), there's not much that you can read into with this data. 

Only thing that really jumps out is that your launch angle - assuming I understand the data correctly - is low and your spin is a bit high. Check out this thread to help changing that:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

25 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

I just thought there was a usual reason why I can average 200 yards with a bladed 7 iron and hit like a 20 handicap with the driver.

The reason is that you can't.

I know you were just killing time, but there is no "data" that means anything. You were basically playing a dodgy video game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, mighty said:

Your problem is the launch angle, you're basically topping or thinning the woods, optimal launch angle for the driver should be like 13, and 16 for the 5 wood

13 can be too low depending on the ball speed, too.

But yeah, 5.5 is waaaaaaayyyyyy too low.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!