IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

3 hours ago, JGus said:

I understand the odd's and the point about taking a chance, don't argue either one.  When my number is called maybe I will have a different opinion, but for now I'll continue to educate myself until that time comes.

Any attempt to educate yourself would result in you getting vaccinated.  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

A few reasons, I suppose.  First, MRNA vaccine science has been around for a while, this isn't really a completely new vehicle.  Second, they HAVE done significant clinical trials.  Sure, I'd prefer to have a number of years of data, but as contagious as COVID is, that's not a luxury we can afford.  Again, the contagious nature of the disease makes it fairly likely that I'll be exposed at some point, with at least a non-negligible possibility that I'll be infected.  And with my age, there's at least a reasonable potential for a bad outcome.  Or that I'll pass the disease to someone else, who'll have a bad outcome.  So I weigh the potential for bad results from the vaccine against the potential for bad results from the disease.  Based on everything I know, my chances work out better if I take the vaccine when its available to me.

Some good points. Just like a mask, it's not necessarily for one's self, but for the sake of others mostly. I don't think most masks prevent one from getting the virus, but contains an individuals contaminants from getting ejected too far. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have gotten both 1st & 2nd Pfizer vaccines with virtually no side effects. I hope it is 95% effective, and if I need another next year, I will get it. Personally, it is a major accomplishment to have a vaccine at all !

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Texas

I read through it a few times. It sounds like Harris County came down on him.

I wonder if it was the County, State, or Federal level that wanted him to declare him a criminal.

I’m actually surprised that it seems to be from the county level.

Ridiculous.

Just now, Slim_Pivot said:

I read through it a few times. It sounds like Harris County came down on him.

I wonder if it was the County, State, or Federal level that wanted him to declare him a criminal.

I’m actually surprised that it seems to be from the county level.

Ridiculous.

Probably the biggest issue is that he gave it to his wife.

That is the problem with Altruism. In this case, with vaccines ready to expire, altruism doesn't matter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

That is the problem with Altruism. In this case, with vaccines ready to expire, altruism doesn't matter. 

You’re prob right that giving it to his wife ended up being the biggest issue for him.

Altruism = throwing them in the trash according to the administration / hr

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

At the end of the article it mentions that his wife has underlying health issues.  So I have no problem with that.  Initially I did, until I read the entire article.

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

At the end of the article it mentions that his wife has underlying health issues.  So I have no problem with that.  Initially I did, until I read the entire article.

I have no issue with him giving it to his wife as long as the vaccine is getting used. Just because she happens to be the wife of a doctor, her health isn't as important as someone else? I never get this blind need to sacrifice your loved ones for others. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I never get this blind need to sacrifice your loved ones for others. 

There were no others, though, in this case. 😛

That's what really sucks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Slim_Pivot said:

You’re prob right that giving it to his wife ended up being the biggest issue for him.

Altruism = throwing them in the trash according to the administration / hr

One of my golfing friends got covid, and his wife also. Not sure who got it first, but it seems highly contageous.

17 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

One of my golfing friends got covid, and his wife also. Not sure who got it first, but it seems highly contageous.

Huh?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Not sure what you mean.

What are you talking about? The doctor gave the vaccine to his wife.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

What are you talking about? The doctor gave the vaccine to his wife.

In my post I said they both got covid, not the vaccine. :hmm:

• Administrator
Just now, Billy Z said:

In my post I said they both got covid, not the vaccine. :hmm:

Why did you quote what you quoted then tell us you think COVID is contagious?

I think we know that already.

45 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Ya no kidding. I’m 100% on the Dr’s side.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Is this an attempt at irony?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

22 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Is this an attempt at irony?

Ok, I see your point, the quote had a different meaning then I interpreted. I don't think it's worth spending any more time on. My mistake.

8 hours ago, JGus said:

I understand the odd's and the point about taking a chance, don't argue either one.  When my number is called maybe I will have a different opinion, but for now I'll continue to educate myself until that time comes.

Maybe this will help with your education:

" mRNA vaccines are not as new as you may think. In fact, mRNA vaccines have been studied over the past two decades and have shown great promise for both infectious disease and cancer. mRNA vaccines have several benefits over the traditional vaccines that many of us have taken for years, that are made using a piece of a dead or weakened virus. One of the benefits of the mRNA vaccines over these traditional vaccines is safety. Because mRNA vaccines are not using a live virus, there is no potential risk of being infected with the condition (in this case, Covid-19). Another benefit of mRNA vaccines is effectiveness. mRNA is efficient and can be taken up and used by the body quickly. Finally, mRNA vaccines are quicker and easier to produce than traditional vaccines, because they are produced in a laboratory instead of in an egg or other mammalian cell. Therefore, mRNA vaccine production can be controlled more closely, and is less expensive and faster to produce in large quantities. 

This is not the first time that an mRNA vaccine has been used in humans. The first human trial of an mRNA vaccine began in 2009 in a small group of patients who had prostate cancer. Overall, that mRNA vaccine was well tolerated and had a good safety profile.  In 2013  a clinical trial began of an mRNA rabies vaccine in healthy human adults. This rabies trial was important because the safety requirements for a vaccine in a healthy population are more stringent than those for a vaccine being used to treat a disease. The study ran from 2013-2016, and continues to collect long-term safety data. But overall, this vaccine was deemed generally safe and tolerable. mRNA vaccines are now in use in clinical trials for HIV, the Zika virus, and influenza."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenmatloff/2020/12/18/what-are-the-long-term-safety-risks-of-the-pfizer-and-moderna-covid-19-vaccines/?sh=3c89461468f3