IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

1 hour ago, youngaa1 said:

I have been following this thread (and forum) for a very long time as a user of Game Golf Live. Obviously things aren't working for me either from an uploading standpoint since I'm on an android device. I do see they have made an announcement. I decided to reach out to them and see what would happen. Surprisingly I got a super fast response and was chatting with someone 1-on-1.Β 

In the end here is what they told and offered me:

- COVID hit them hard

- More marketing updates will be coming
- Update to android app should be coming within days (I tookΒ that with a MAJOR grain of salt). Was told this should be affecting only Live users and not Pro users.

- Said Live users are still their biggest user base.

- gave me a promo code for Smart Caddie (even though I don't use it). They clearly want people on smart caddie has its regenerating revenue and he certainly tried to "sell" it to me.Β 

- I pushed a little and they gave me a promo code for 20% off the Pro version.Β  Pro version has replaceable batteries so in theory, if the device always works, it should last for many years to come. They'd like to see Live users transition to Pro has that is where all the money will be going.

Questions I still have:
- Anyone with the Pro version have this working with their Android device? Meaning, are you able to play golf and upload your stats like normal?

- Do I even bother buying Pro if they have been reassuring all of us that an update to the App is coming that will make Live work again? Maybe I do and if the App version does get back to working, I could sell my Live version for a little bit money and justify the Pro purchase.Β 

Hope this helps some of you that have been following this thread!Β 

Thanks for the post and update. I think we are all waiting for them to resolve these issues. I don’t want to abandon it for another system just yet. I do hope they resolve it soon.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, for sure! πŸ™‚I work in Technical Support for a living and deal with end users all day long so I understand the importance of caring for the userΒ and the importance of sharing information in forums like this. They've dropped the ball quite a bit on this one in my eyes, but hopefully they can rebuild that trust back for those of us who are willing to stick through it with them.Β 

I ended up buying Pro with the discount they gave me. Figured why not try it. It's version 3.0. They have a 30 day return policy and if it just ends up being crappy for whatever reason(s), I'll just return it and hope the app gets updated and stick with Live. Plus, I got a buddy who had Classic and I could give him my Live version if all things align how we want them to.

• Thumbs Up 1

My device died after 5 holes yesterday. I charged it 2 days ago, so I’m not sure what happened. I will try again next round.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

On 5/5/2021 at 8:23 AM, coachjimsc said:

Received this email yesterday as I was a Game Golf Pro user:

Dear James!

We trust this finds you well during this unprecedented time and its impact on the global economy. Β As a valued customer, we are excited to inform you that Game Golf has been acquired by Inpixon (Nasdaq: INPX), a world leader in indoor intelligence.Β 

When we launched the initial offering of Game Golf Pro to the marketplace, we were excited about the evolution of the Game Golf product line and how golfers will benefit from the new technology. However, we experienced some major business challenges that led to many frustrations within our community. Coupled with the impact of the global pandemic, we have not delivered the service levels expected for our brand. However, we have continued to refine the product to deliver an improved customer experience.

We are excited for Game Golf’s next chapter as part of the Inpixon family of companies. This partnership enables Game Golf to leverage technology and resources that will enable us to re-launch our brand and strategy in the ever-changing golf marketplace.

Recent feedback from Game Golf Pro users has been very positive and we are ready to relaunch Pro back into the marketplace. Β To thank you for your support and patience through these challenging times, we are offering you a new Game Golf Pro unit, including a 6 months free smart caddie subscription. I know this has been a difficult and frustrating time for you but rest assured, we value our supporters and hope this gesture will help begin to rebuild your trust in Game Golf.

To claim your FREE Game Golf Pro and Smart Caddie subscription:

I stopped using the original and switched to Arccos because no shots were being recorded with the Pro unit.

I ordered it and we'll see how it goes. I really likeΒ Arccos especially afterΒ I got the Link. So the Pro will have to be exceptional for me to switch back.

I hope this change breathes new life into GG. Β I enjoyed using it for several years. Β I switched over to Arccos a couple of years ago due to problems with GG and don't anticipate switching back (although my GG live unit and sensors are still in the closet). Β But it's good to have competing companies offering similarΒ products/services--I suspect it may help keep both companies on their toes for technical capability, pricing, reporting formats, etc.Β 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: SilencerΒ bag (on the :clicgear:Β cart)
Driver: :callaway:Β Razr Fit 10.5Β° Β 
5 Wood: :tmade:Β Burner Β 
Hybrid: :cobra:Β Baffler DWSΒ 20Β°
Irons: :ping:Β G400Β 
Wedge:Β :ping:Β Glide 2.0Β 54Β° ES grindΒ 
Putter: :heavyputter:Β  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,Β Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4

5 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

I hope this change breathes new life into GG. Β I enjoyed using it for several years. Β I switched over to Arccos a couple of years ago due to problems with GG and don't anticipate switching back (although my GG live unit and sensors are still in the closet). Β But it's good to have competing companies offering similarΒ products/services--I suspect it may help keep both companies on their toes for technical capability, pricing, reporting formats, etc.Β 

Agreed, having more than one company offer similar services greatly benefits the consumer.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

I used the GG app for my round today because I forgot to charge my GPS.Β It’s ok, I guess. I kept forgetting to tag shots and it kind of takes me out of the round to be messing around on my phone so much.Β Not sure if I want to keep using it, but I’ll give it a few more rounds at any rate.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So I found out today I can tag clubs on my Apple Watch and I can still edit my rounds on the computer. I can live with that.

I guess I’m back in after all.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 5/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, billchao said:

So I found out today I can tag clubs on my Apple Watch and I can still edit my rounds on the computer. I can live with that.

I guess I’m back in after all.

I didn't know Game Golf was accessible through watches.Β  I just got a Galaxy Active 2 so wonder if it's available on my watch.

Christian

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I didn't know Game Golf was accessible through watches.Β  I just got a Galaxy Active 2 so wonder if it's available on my watch.

I didn't either, until yesterday when I happened to look at my watch during my round. It also gave me distances to the front, middle, and back of the green.

Bill

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

I didn't either, until yesterday when I happened to look at my watch during my round. It also gave me distances to the front, middle, and back of the green.

GG is apparently associated with Smart Caddie which came with my watch so I suppose that's an option for me, too.

GAMEGOLF_Symbol_Wordmark_Horz_Logo_500px

Enter here more information

Β 

Christian

• Administrator

It’s their system, yeah. They kinda took it from the work I did for them.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Game Golf Live worked for me yesterday. I used the device and the iPhone app.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

I got my Game Golf Pro and was able to apply all the tags properly and have it connect with the Android app as needed. There was a firmware update I had to apply and that went well.Β Now I just need to go play and test things out. IΒ hope they update the app soon as I have rounds just hanging out on the Live device I'd like to upload.

So, my GG Live failed to pair with my phone yesterday but i still decided to use the device and tag my shots but then the device ran out of juice after the 12th or so hole even though I had charged it a few days earlier.Β  Tried to upload the round and it said i had 5 rounds on the device and didn't get passed "building."

Planning on emailing support to see what they respond.

Christian

10 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

So, my GG Live failed to pair with my phone yesterday but i still decided to use the device and tag my shots but then the device ran out of juice after the 12th or so hole even though I had charged it a few days earlier.Β  Tried to upload the round and it said i had 5 rounds on the device and didn't get passed "building."

Planning on emailing support to see what they respond.

That’s what happened to me. I emailed them and they really didn’t respond other than asking for logs. I’ve used it since and it worked, but the round I lost was gone.

Scott

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That’s what happened to me. I emailed them and they really didn’t respond other than asking for logs. I’ve used it since and it worked, but the round I lost was gone.

Yeah, i got a new phone but still was not pleased with the device not pairing with it.Β  If I'm unable to pair then the device becomes nothing more than a poor excuse for a paperweight.

Christian

15 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, i got a new phone but still was not pleased with the device not pairing with it.Β  If I'm unable to pair then the device becomes nothing more than a poor excuse for a paperweight.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm also having trouble pairing it with my phone (phone is about 26 months old right now -- Pixel 3XL), although I never attempted to pair it before a few weeks ago.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

Well, for what it's worth, I'm also having trouble pairing it with my phone (phone is about 26 months old right now -- Pixel 3XL), although I never attempted to pair it before a few weeks ago.

I have the Pixel 4a so maybe it needs an update to work with Google.Β  That said, my previous phone was the 2XL and it paired with it but after a few holes, they didn't with with each other.

Christian