IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, skywaterbanjo said:

Lots of discussion at THP that Gamegolf might be shut down.

They are not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
22 minutes ago, iacas said:

They are not.

You must have some insight because they are certainly acting like it.

Edited: the site is back up, for now

Edited by skywaterbanjo
more info
  • Like 1

Mark in Colorado

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

What are we on this time, five days straight?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

What are we on this time, five days straight?

I think so? I first tried to log in unsuccessfully on Saturday, but someone else had mentioned not being able to get in on Friday.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, skywaterbanjo said:

I gave up on GG - switched to Arccos.  Not without its problems but I think a lot more stable as a company.

Ditto. I switched over last October. (It's not anywhere perfect, though, as you mentioned--having some problems with Apple Watch function not working, app stopping mid round.  I may just go back to using GolfShot.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I have not been able to log in for a week and a half now, and no response to emails to the addresses I have.  Getting a little discouraged.  For all of the issues I have had from time to time, I still like it.

26 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

I have not been able to log in for a week and a half now, and no response to emails to the addresses I have.  Getting a little discouraged.  For all of the issues I have had from time to time, I still like it.

I thought GG was fantastic.  I have/had over 300 rounds on it and it really helped me focus my practice.  I wish someone (Arccos/Garmin) would buy them.

Mark in Colorado

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Seriously, do I need to fix this for them.

image.png

Do we need to start a GoFundMe page or something?

It’s not a difficult fix. They probably haven’t paid the vendor or something.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

It’s not a difficult fix. They probably haven’t paid the vendor or something.

Then option B?

I would be willing to pay an annual subscription for the service. $25-$30 per year to fund their operations as well as enhancements.

- Shane

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Then option B?

I would be willing to pay an annual subscription for the service. $25-$30 per year to fund their operations as well as enhancements.

Dave and I have been taking them that for five to six years.

The best they could come up with was to steak our caddie implementation and to try to market that.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Dave and I have been taking them that for five to six years.

The best they could come up with was to steak our caddie implementation and to try to market that.

You could have 2 tiers. A lower tier for plain usage and the plus service that has the virtual caddie. 

- Shane

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

Then option B?

Honestly if I had to pay a subscription at this point I'd probably just pay somebody else who is offering data outputs that I wanted from Game Golf for years. Other than the strokes gained stuff, everything they've done since I first bought my unit has been stuff that I wasn't interested in (Game Golf Live features, Game Golf Pro) and has shown me they want their product to be something different than what I want it to be. Now with the on and off issues with their database... it may be time to break up.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Honestly if I had to pay a subscription at this point I'd probably just pay somebody else who is offering data outputs that I wanted from Game Golf for years. Other than the strokes gained stuff, everything they've done since I first bought my unit has been stuff that I wasn't interested in (Game Golf Live features, Game Golf Pro) and has shown me they want their product to be something different than what I want it to be. Now with the on and off issues with their database... it may be time to break up.

I don't think everyone would jump in on this, but there are a lot of people who now have a paperweight unless  some money comes in their door.

- Shane

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

I don't think everyone would jump in on this, but there are a lot of people who now have a paperweight unless  some money comes in their door.

And I'd be one of them, but I've gotten my money's worth out of the device, so I'm not upset about it.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

And I'd be one of them, but I've gotten my money's worth out of the device, so I'm not upset about it.

Not me. I just upgraded to Live last year. It is what it is, but it gives me what I'm looking for, the ability to lament over my crappy rounds and see that my driver gets shorter every year.

- Shane