Jump to content
IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Snapshot, Picture or Photo Thread


ChetlovesMer

Recommended Posts

I am starting to realize that I will probably not play golf with my dad ever again. (I hope I'm wrong.) I only played with him one time (9 holes) in the last 2 years. He and I have played I don't know how many rounds together. Realizing that we aren't likely to play together again makes me really appreciate the memories I have of him on the golf course. Additionally, I really cherish the pictures of I have of him and I playing together. Especially, the ones of he and I playing in period clothing during a "Hickory Tournament". 

Therefore, I thought I'd create a thread in which everyone can post their Favorite (or favorites) Golf Picture, snapshot or Photo. Just post the picture and tell us about it. Where was it taken, When, What do you like about it, etc... 

I'll start with this one:

IMG_0486.thumb.JPG.f2e63ef815bf5556034ef03e0addefc0.JPG

I love this photo. It is me and my dad the last time we played a Hickory Tournament. It was back in 2013. 

It wasn't the last time we played together, but it was the last Hickory Tournament we played together. As you can tell, we wore period clothing. 

My dad loves golf and loves to play all of the what I call "weirdo" tournaments. He loves the Chili Open (Golf in the middle of winter usually in the snow), He loves Hickory tournaments (Okay admittedly not really weirdo), He loves Tournaments that tee off at midnight with glow-in-the-dark golf balls. To be truthful, he's a pretty terrible golfer. Has very very rarely broken 100, even after playing the game for 50 years. But he always has a great attitude. He enjoys the game. And he usually springs for lunch. He also doesn't believe in the 14 club rule. His bag has like 20 clubs in it and weights a metric ton. Looking back, I wish I would have taken up the game when I was younger. I could have had some memories of he and I playing when I was a kid. Instead, they are all of he and I with me as an adult. They are great memories. 

So, that's my favorite golf picture. What's yours? 

 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many, including the time I snuck up into the tower at the U.S. Open at Oakmont to get a photo of the Church Pew bunkers.

One of my favorites is the background of my phone, though, and similar photos can no longer be taken:

2017-10-22 12.17.36.jpg

  • Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

I posted this during the USO, you can tell who it is just by the silhouette.

usopengolf_119501792_2794244930816281_1214792337747246949_n(1).jpg

  • Like 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many,

You can have more than one favorite. If somebody said who's my favorite kid, I'd definitely pick 2 of them. 

You can also post more than one. 

50 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I posted this during the USO, you can tell who it is just by the silhouette.

 

That's an awesome picture!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FA3BA25E-184D-4274-A872-30F16A5286D6.jpeg

Eyes towards the hopeful rays of the sun throughout a difficult day at Whistling where we had multiple rain delays.  Kind of perfectly describes the beautiful struggle of the game to me.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This photo speaks of my obstinate persistence.   We'd gone over a week with snow covering every course... cabin fever was setting in.  Finally, North Bellingham opened their back nine with about 10% snow coverage (though it doesn't look like it from this photo).  Local rule was a free drop from any snowbank, no closer to the hole.

This particular hole, #16, a par 3, has a deep ravine in front of the green.   What you see are snowdrifts from the winds that can howl across the course.  So glad they carved a path through this winter wonderland.

north bell snow.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

 

050.JPG

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

 

050.JPG

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  Good pic... a lot of wet rain gear there.  Reminds me of my Pacific Dunes experience...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

7 golfers ventured onto the course that day.  Only one finished.  I'll let you guess.  Conditions not as bad as you had, but 45 mph winds, rain sideways as well... and my caddie wanted to quit after 16.  I made the mistake of wearing corduroys that day.  They weighed about 40 pounds when I completed the round.  Power went out that night at the inn... generator kicked on to allow for dinner at McKee's Pub.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites


(edited)
4 hours ago, chicub15 said:

My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

The picture reminds me of your avatar. 😜

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

Very cool!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

Great shot!  Referring to the photograph, not necessarily your approach shot.  Sun screen too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 1 year later...
On 10/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I am starting to realize that I will probably not play golf with my dad ever again. (I hope I'm wrong.) I only played with him one time (9 holes) in the last 2 years. He and I have played I don't know how many rounds together. Realizing that we aren't likely to play together again makes me really appreciate the memories I have of him on the golf course. Additionally, I really cherish the pictures of I have of him and I playing together. Especially, the ones of he and I playing in period clothing during a "Hickory Tournament". 

Therefore, I thought I'd create a thread in which everyone can post their Favorite (or favorites) Golf Picture, snapshot or Photo. Just post the picture and tell us about it. Where was it taken, When, What do you like about it, etc... 

I'll start with this one:

IMG_0486.thumb.JPG.f2e63ef815bf5556034ef03e0addefc0.JPG

I love this photo. It is me and my dad the last time we played a Hickory Tournament. It was back in 2013. 

It wasn't the last time we played together, but it was the last Hickory Tournament we played together. As you can tell, we wore period clothing. 

My dad loves golf and loves to play all of the what I call "weirdo" tournaments. He loves the Chili Open (Golf in the middle of winter usually in the snow), He loves Hickory tournaments (Okay admittedly not really weirdo), He loves Tournaments that tee off at midnight with glow-in-the-dark golf balls. To be truthful, he's a pretty terrible golfer. Has very very rarely broken 100, even after playing the game for 50 years. But he always has a great attitude. He enjoys the game. And he usually springs for lunch. He also doesn't believe in the 14 club rule. His bag has like 20 clubs in it and weights a metric ton. Looking back, I wish I would have taken up the game when I was younger. I could have had some memories of he and I playing when I was a kid. Instead, they are all of he and I with me as an adult. They are great memories. 

So, that's my favorite golf picture. What's yours? 

 

Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else. Lost my dad to a car accident in June. He was a terrible golfer but a great golf buddy. I found this picture of him putting during the same Hickory Tournament mentioned above. I'm lucky in that I really only have good memories of my dad. 

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.b778b897a757a665a1ea7f6548a90b03.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.7baee214a0cee2668bf56efa63ef5fc9.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
18 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else. Lost my dad to a car accident in June. He was a terrible golfer but a great golf buddy. I found this picture of him putting during the same Hickory Tournament mentioned above. I'm lucky in that I really only have good memories of my dad. 

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.b778b897a757a665a1ea7f6548a90b03.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.7baee214a0cee2668bf56efa63ef5fc9.JPG

Sorry for your loss. It’s good that you’ll always have those memories though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Partners

    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

    Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Posts

    • Welcome! I think this forum is a great place to learn more about the golf swing. There are of course a ton of resources out there to find with search engines, books, videos etc., but it can be a challenge to navigate it all for the best content. There's a lot of misinformation out there. This forum already has a lot of existing content and you can start new topics yourself. One thing a forum provides is discussion, different points of view and a place to put your thoughts into words. The best way to learn is often by teaching, because you have to know what you are talking about. Most of us aren't teachers, instructors or pros, but we can still discuss the golf swing, use the resources we find and put it into our own words. If we get it wrong, someone else may point it out. If you want to share, the Member Swings subforum is a place to post your own swing and get feedback. Technology has come a long way, and combined with dedicated people around the world, it's easier than ever to find accurate information. They use the best players in the world to find commonalities and distill the golf swing down to what is almost universally true for all the best players. That means to ignore Scheffler's feet, Furyk's octopus and other outliers, but focus on what they have in common. The essentials which amateurs should also try to achieve.
    • So I'm a 2 handicap and I know my golf swing is garbage but I also know I have a very very limited understanding of how the golf swing works. And I also know that I'm the type of guy that likes to dive ultra deep into topics I'm interested in. Like for example; The past few years I've learned video editing (specifically how to make videos that go viral on social media), and I've spent a lot of time just reading the manual that came with one of the video editing programs I use. (the manual is 4.5k pages, and obviously very indepth, but I've learned a ton with it.) So far to try and learn more about the golf swing I've read books + listened to podcasts/interviews with coaches/teachers combined with listening to great players talk/give clinics. Sometimes the teacher being interviewed talks about books that they really like, or coaches they look up to, and then I "travel down the knowledge tree" and try to look for those peoples interviews, content etc. Ex, An interview with Randy Smith led me to Chuck Cook, then Chuck Cook led me to reading the books by Jim Hardy (mainly the + and - book). I'm well aware that the knowledge I'm getting is surface level but again I don't really know where to "go" to learn in depth about the swing. To try and supplement the knowledge gap, I've made a set-up in my basement where I have two mirrors + a webcam I can use to film myself and dissect my own swing + watch pro swings and try to figure out what they do. But again, I know I'm not really getting the full picture. So my question is, is there a better place to go/process I could apply to learn about the golf swing? I know there's The Golfing Machine but isn't that mostly outdated information now, and there's no real updated version, right? I don't really want to hire a teacher, partly because I don't really trust most teachers (I've had some really bad experiences lol), and I want to be self-sufficient as a player. My line of thinking is, the better I can understand the golf swing, the better I can understand my own swing. Where do I go? Also I should note, I have a ton of time to devote to the game + the golf swing, I basically work from home and I'm in a very fortunate position where I have a very low living cost. Cheers.          
    • Day 43: Hit 20 balls with 6-iron, working with new feel. Seemed to work okay, but start line is a little more right than I’d like to see. Hit 15 Almost Golf balls with driver, same feel. Did pitching.chipping practice, focusing on good contact. Putted in home office for 20 min using my dog’s Kong as a target. 
    • Wordle 1,071 3/6 ⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛ ⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Going to try breaking 50 from the opposite of the tips like Bryson 🙃
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...