IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Snapshot, Picture or Photo Thread

ChetlovesMer

I am starting to realize that I will probably not play golf with my dad ever again. (I hope I'm wrong.) I only played with him one time (9 holes) in the last 2 years. He and I have played I don't know how many rounds together. Realizing that we aren't likely to play together again makes me really appreciate the memories I have of him on the golf course. Additionally, I really cherish the pictures of I have of him and I playing together. Especially, the ones of he and I playing in period clothing during a "Hickory Tournament". 

Therefore, I thought I'd create a thread in which everyone can post their Favorite (or favorites) Golf Picture, snapshot or Photo. Just post the picture and tell us about it. Where was it taken, When, What do you like about it, etc... 

I'll start with this one:

IMG_0486.thumb.JPG.f2e63ef815bf5556034ef03e0addefc0.JPG

I love this photo. It is me and my dad the last time we played a Hickory Tournament. It was back in 2013. 

It wasn't the last time we played together, but it was the last Hickory Tournament we played together. As you can tell, we wore period clothing. 

My dad loves golf and loves to play all of the what I call "weirdo" tournaments. He loves the Chili Open (Golf in the middle of winter usually in the snow), He loves Hickory tournaments (Okay admittedly not really weirdo), He loves Tournaments that tee off at midnight with glow-in-the-dark golf balls. To be truthful, he's a pretty terrible golfer. Has very very rarely broken 100, even after playing the game for 50 years. But he always has a great attitude. He enjoys the game. And he usually springs for lunch. He also doesn't believe in the 14 club rule. His bag has like 20 clubs in it and weights a metric ton. Looking back, I wish I would have taken up the game when I was younger. I could have had some memories of he and I playing when I was a kid. Instead, they are all of he and I with me as an adult. They are great memories. 

So, that's my favorite golf picture. What's yours? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many, including the time I snuck up into the tower at the U.S. Open at Oakmont to get a photo of the Church Pew bunkers.

One of my favorites is the background of my phone, though, and similar photos can no longer be taken:

2017-10-22 12.17.36.jpg

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I posted this during the USO, you can tell who it is just by the silhouette.

usopengolf_119501792_2794244930816281_1214792337747246949_n(1).jpg

• Like 3

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Gosh, my "favorite" golf picture? I have too many,

You can have more than one favorite. If somebody said who's my favorite kid, I'd definitely pick 2 of them. 

You can also post more than one. 

50 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I posted this during the USO, you can tell who it is just by the silhouette.

That's an awesome picture!

FA3BA25E-184D-4274-A872-30F16A5286D6.jpeg

Eyes towards the hopeful rays of the sun throughout a difficult day at Whistling where we had multiple rain delays.  Kind of perfectly describes the beautiful struggle of the game to me.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

This photo speaks of my obstinate persistence.   We'd gone over a week with snow covering every course... cabin fever was setting in.  Finally, North Bellingham opened their back nine with about 10% snow coverage (though it doesn't look like it from this photo).  Local rule was a free drop from any snowbank, no closer to the hole.

This particular hole, #16, a par 3, has a deep ravine in front of the green.   What you see are snowdrifts from the winds that can howl across the course.  So glad they carved a path through this winter wonderland.

north bell snow.jpg

• Like 1

My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

050.JPG

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

3 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We were on the Monterrey Peninsula about 12 years ago.  On the day we were scheduled to play Spyglass Hill the remnants of Super Typhoon Melor rolled in.  The power was winking on and off at the Inn at Spanish Bay, where we were staying.  Most of the guys decided to play cards.  Five of us said WTF and took the shuttle to Spyglass.  Sustained winds were 65 mph with much larger gusts.  Rain was coming down sideways.  The power was off at the clubhouse for Spyglass but they were "technically open."  We were advised to stay on the "Ocean 6" because limbs and trees were falling.

On the 6th tee, I told the group to gather around for a photo.  I set the timer on my digital camera and hoped some sort of photo would be created.  The camera shorted out when I went to view whether we had a photo or not. It was not until I was home in Ann Arbor that the camera dried out and would turn on.  Perfecto!  Everyone got an 8 x 12 framed copy for Christmas.

To this day, the wettest I have ever been on a golf course.

050.JPG

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  Good pic... a lot of wet rain gear there.  Reminds me of my Pacific Dunes experience...

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Did you stick to the ocean 6?  

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

16 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

The two of us on the right (I am the short guy) called it a day after 6.  The other three knuckleheads played the "Ocean 6" a second time and then played 6 more on the inland portion.

The gentleman in the middle has an annual golf outing in FL where one plays 36 holes a day for 6 days.  He had to be dragged off the course.

7 golfers ventured onto the course that day.  Only one finished.  I'll let you guess.  Conditions not as bad as you had, but 45 mph winds, rain sideways as well... and my caddie wanted to quit after 16.  I made the mistake of wearing corduroys that day.  They weighed about 40 pounds when I completed the round.  Power went out that night at the inn... generator kicked on to allow for dinner at McKee's Pub.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

(edited)
4 hours ago, chicub15 said:

My week spent at The Greenbrier a few years ago is still by far my most enjoyable golf trip. Difficult to choose just one picture from the many that I took that week, but this one stands out in my eye. 

greatWV.JPG

The picture reminds me of your avatar. 😜

Edited by ChetlovesMer

• 3 weeks later...

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Anyway, totally cool picture. It's 2 AM and I'm wearing sunglasses.

IMG_3363.thumb.JPG.a7f8ec4441bb92b7e132bdeae2078a55.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

A colleague of mine just sent me this and said "Do you remember this?" I'm like "Of course."

I'm not sure this is my favorite photo, but it has one of my favorite golf stories attached to it. 

This picture is from 2012 and I am playing golf in Finland. I was someplace up near a city called "Rovaniemi". I apologize to any Finns out there. I'm not sure exactly where it was. I do remember WHEN it was. This photo is of my approach shot on hole 18. It was taken about 2 in the morning. Yeah, we played during the time when the Sun doesn't set for like 2 months. We actually tee'd off around 10PM. It was a big distributor event with folks from all around the world playing. Lots of fun. Totally weird sitting at dinner around 7:30 - 8PM and talking about heading out to the course as soon as we finish (or Finnish, perhaps?) eating. 

Very cool!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Great shot!  Referring to the photograph, not necessarily your approach shot.  Sun screen too?

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I am starting to realize that I will probably not play golf with my dad ever again. (I hope I'm wrong.) I only played with him one time (9 holes) in the last 2 years. He and I have played I don't know how many rounds together. Realizing that we aren't likely to play together again makes me really appreciate the memories I have of him on the golf course. Additionally, I really cherish the pictures of I have of him and I playing together. Especially, the ones of he and I playing in period clothing during a "Hickory Tournament". 

Therefore, I thought I'd create a thread in which everyone can post their Favorite (or favorites) Golf Picture, snapshot or Photo. Just post the picture and tell us about it. Where was it taken, When, What do you like about it, etc... 

I'll start with this one:

IMG_0486.thumb.JPG.f2e63ef815bf5556034ef03e0addefc0.JPG

I love this photo. It is me and my dad the last time we played a Hickory Tournament. It was back in 2013. 

It wasn't the last time we played together, but it was the last Hickory Tournament we played together. As you can tell, we wore period clothing. 

My dad loves golf and loves to play all of the what I call "weirdo" tournaments. He loves the Chili Open (Golf in the middle of winter usually in the snow), He loves Hickory tournaments (Okay admittedly not really weirdo), He loves Tournaments that tee off at midnight with glow-in-the-dark golf balls. To be truthful, he's a pretty terrible golfer. Has very very rarely broken 100, even after playing the game for 50 years. But he always has a great attitude. He enjoys the game. And he usually springs for lunch. He also doesn't believe in the 14 club rule. His bag has like 20 clubs in it and weights a metric ton. Looking back, I wish I would have taken up the game when I was younger. I could have had some memories of he and I playing when I was a kid. Instead, they are all of he and I with me as an adult. They are great memories. 

So, that's my favorite golf picture. What's yours? 

Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else. Lost my dad to a car accident in June. He was a terrible golfer but a great golf buddy. I found this picture of him putting during the same Hickory Tournament mentioned above. I'm lucky in that I really only have good memories of my dad. 

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.b778b897a757a665a1ea7f6548a90b03.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.7baee214a0cee2668bf56efa63ef5fc9.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else. Lost my dad to a car accident in June. He was a terrible golfer but a great golf buddy. I found this picture of him putting during the same Hickory Tournament mentioned above. I'm lucky in that I really only have good memories of my dad. 

IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.b778b897a757a665a1ea7f6548a90b03.JPG

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.7baee214a0cee2668bf56efa63ef5fc9.JPG

Sorry for your loss. It’s good that you’ll always have those memories though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread