IGNORED

The Tyrell Hatton Club Toss

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are two examples, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't get it. Is he tossing the club because he hit a good shot? That's what I would think with the first tweet comparing it to a MLB bat flip, but based on the second tweet, he's tossing his club because he hit a poor shot. In that case, pfft. I'll show you what a real club toss looks like.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I don't get it. Is he tossing the club because he hit a good shot? That's what I would think with the first tweet comparing it to a MLB bat flip, but based on the second tweet, he's tossing his club because he hit a poor shot. In that case, pfft. I'll show you what a real club toss looks like.

Yeah this. If I toss a club...it’s gone.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He's a funny guy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

He's a maniac, and a great watch. It will probably get a little tiring at some point, but hearing him complain about how bad he is at golf when he's winning a tournament is hilarious. Plus, it's always possible he'll explode and light himself on fire. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 4 weeks later...

Best technique in the game.

Arnold Palmer said the bets golf advice he ever got was from his father on the golf grip. The second best advice he ever got was form Tommy Bolt who told him to always throw his club down the fairway so he can pick it up on his way towards the green.

• Like 1

The problem with his technique is you never throw your club end over end because if it lands weird it will snap the shaft. You need to throw it low to the ground and spinning like the rotors of a helicopter, less chance of breaking it that way. 

Unless, of course, if you want to break it, at which point I suggest an over the knee maneuver...very satisfying. I "broke up" with a 64° wedge that way once. Best thing I ever did for my short game.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

13 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

The problem with his technique is you never throw your club end over end because if it lands weird it will snap the shaft

So hitting a rock solid object at 100mph won’t snap the shaft but a toss will? That would take one hell of a toss no? 😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

56 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

So hitting a rock solid object at 100mph won’t snap the shaft but a toss will? That would take one hell of a toss no? 😃

I speak from experience, unfortunately. 😖

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
On 11/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, Vinsk said:

You don't hit the ball with the middle of the shaft.

Well, you're not supposed to, anyway. Given your proclivity for hitting the extension of the shaft, maybe you're less clear on this point…?

😄

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!