IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

• Administrator
On 11/25/2020 at 9:42 AM, DeadMan said:

May I suggest a name change for this thread? When I read it too quickly, it looks like Sand Trap SuperSpreaders...

I added an "st" to it. Does that help? 🙂

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, that should help out my addled brain.

• Funny 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

@iacas and everyone else: what's the best radar to get for club head speed?  I've got a gc2 (no hmt so no club data) and the little white SS radar.  The little white radar is box of crap.  I took my 9i and it'll say I'm swinging 84, 71, 64, and so forth.  It's piece of crap.  I've tried meticulously placing the monitor and all that.  It's just a piece of garbage and a waste of money.  I want to take part in this, but I need the right equipment.  Is there a cheap option out there?  I only need club head speed; don't need anything else, but it HAS TO WORK and BE CONSISTENT or it's just not worth it.

• Administrator

I’d love to give you a good answer. I’m not sure what you mean by the little white box - if you mean the old ones that SuperSpeed used to sell, then those have been “decent” as far as I can tell and as far as I know.

They sell a different thing now, but I haven’t seen it in person at all.

I’d still LOVE it if the Mevo would track just clubhead speed or SuperSpeed speed, but it still requires the impact and a ball to trigger the system.

I messaged FlightScope again just now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’m not sure what you mean by the little white box - if you mean the old ones that SuperSpeed used to sell

Yes.  The Swing Speed Radar.  The white and blue one.  It's terrible.  I just need something for swing speed for when I'm hitting a ball.  I'm not going to buy an HMT when I can buy that Fullswing LM that's coming out next year.  I just didn't know if ya'll knew about a decent option for clubhead speed in the meantime.  Some have suggested the swing caddie, like the sc100 or 200, since all I'd need it for is CHS.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Yes.  The Swing Speed Radar.  The white and blue one.  It's terrible.  I just need something for swing speed for when I'm hitting a ball.  I'm not going to buy an HMT when I can buy that Fullswing LM that's coming out next year.  I just didn't know if ya'll knew about a decent option for clubhead speed in the meantime.  Some have suggested the swing caddie, like the sc100 or 200, since all I'd need it for is CHS.

I talked with FlightScope just now and it’s on their developer’s list. When you’re hitting a ball, how about a Mevo? You may even be able to pick one up on eBay or something since many people upgraded to the Mevo+.

Does the Swing Caddie work without hitting a ball? I don’t think it did. And when doing SuperSpeed, that’s the thing - we need something that tracks “clubhead” speed without hitting a ball.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Does the Swing Caddie work without hitting a ball? I don’t think it did. And when doing SuperSpeed, that’s the thing - we need something that tracks “clubhead” speed without hitting a ball.

It probably doesn't.  I use the crappy SSR for my SSG swings, but I'm referring to my "hit a ball" swing speed.  I want to be able to compare my SSG swings to my "hit a ball" swing.  I know my SSG swings will be faster, but I want to see it translate.

I can hit 130 mph with the green stick, but it does me no good with my hit a ball swing, or does it?  That's why I want to measure my hit a ball swing.

4 hours ago, ncates00 said:

How do you have it set up? I notice a lot of variability with the unit. I’m careful to set it up the same way each time. Their instructions are vague. I align it 8 inches from my tee and pointed back at a 45 degree angle.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

How do you have it set up? I notice a lot of variability with the unit. I’m careful to set it up the same way each time. Their instructions are vague. I align it 8 inches from my tee and pointed back at a 45 degree angle.

I do this too.

This is how I place the Swing Speed Radar. The two black lines put the center of the radar 8” from the tee and aimed at 45 degrees back. The left line has the center  parallel to the tee and the right has the left edge of the device parallel to the tee. I tested both and it doesn’t seem to make that much difference. 
0FC40759-C56D-4697-AC9C-9DE9BD74C2A9.jpeg

B4A0F160-1611-4FD8-8710-579B46F109AA.jpeg

• Like 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 12/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, iacas said:

I can confirm that the Swing Caddie will NOT work without hitting a ball. I've tried it AND I spoke to Swing Caddie. You can use a foam ball, but that may or may not give you consistent results. 

BTW - I don't even like using it when hitting into a net. In theory the SC300 will work if you net is 8 feet away. In my experience you need at least twice that amount of room if not more for the Swing Caddie to properly track the ball. 

I have found the SC300 to be very accurate when hitting "real" shots. But it's not great for hitting into a net. I'd be interested to hear if others have had different experiences. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Ive been using my speed sticks for a couple of weeks now with the aim of fastest speeds. I was hoping for any success stories from anyone who has used them previously? How long would you recommend using them for? Hat sort of improvements would you expect (%)?

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, RhysPowell16 said:

Ive been using my speed sticks for a couple of weeks now with the aim of fastest speeds. I was hoping for any success stories from anyone who has used them previously? How long would you recommend using them for? Hat sort of improvements would you expect (%)?

@RhysPowell16, welcome to the site. I'd recommend this topic:

There are other topics out there, too.

This topic, I'd like to keep to the goal(s) stated in the first post: for a group of us to use this as a sort of "new year's resolution" to work specifically on speed, because sometimes you can lack the motivation to do so. You're welcome and encouraged to join us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Purchased the set...looking forward to starting the training.  Have a friend who has the radar and doesn't use it all that much.  Said I can borrow it so I can track my progress.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I’m ready and raring to do. I’ve gotten the speed sticks and a radar. 
I was wondering if you’d recommend wearing gloves on both hands for training opposed to just the dominate hand? Given we are swinging left as well?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RhysPowell16 said:

I was wondering if you’d recommend wearing gloves on both hands for training opposed to just the dominate hand? Given we are swinging left as well?

I didn’t wear gloves at all so it’s up to you. 🙂

2 hours ago, RhysPowell16 said:

I’ve been wearing gloves on both hands because it is fairly cold here. I don’t see a difference with or without.

Scott

My Swing Thread