IGNORED

Kyle Berkshire On The PGA Tour?

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find this much more interesting than BDC. Hope he makes it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

48 minutes ago, billchao said:

100% agree. The videos I’ve watched where KB films his rounds....he’s got a pretty good game. I’d definitely follow him on the tour.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, nahagrerwe said:

What's impressive is how often Kyle drives the ball onto the fairway despite his crazy length.

Well he could probably get around many courses teeing off with a 5i....lol.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Why? BDC is a proven winner. KB just makes ball go far haha. I’ve watched several of his course vlogs, and they are fun to watch though. I just think it’s cool to see a guy change everything to go after distance and play at the highest level. Pretty interesting to me. 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

It will be fun to watch for sure. My Evolvr instructor uses Kyle for some of my drills.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

46 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Why? BDC is a proven winner

Because BD is a bit of a douche and KB is cool. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Eh I think that card is overplayed. I don’t know any of these guys personally. Tiger cheated on his wife with troves of women and no one cares. BDC made a dumb comment toward a camera guy about his brand. So what? I try to give the benefit of a doubt and reserve judgment unless I know the person personally. 

28 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

KB is cool. 

This is true though it seems. I like his videos. 

2 hours ago, ncates00 said:

Why?

I’m not a BDC fan. I find him whiny and entitled, and his “different” approach to the game strikes me as obnoxious because it seems at times done just to be different.

2 hours ago, ncates00 said:

BDC is a proven winner.

So is Patrick Reed. Couldn’t care less about him, either.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

My sentiments exactly.

51 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I try to give the benefit of a doubt and reserve judgment unless I know the person personally. 

Benefit of doubt can only be given until someone does enough things to prove doubt is no longer warranted. You don’t have to know someone personally to gain an understanding of their character.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

28 minutes ago, billchao said:

So is Patrick Reed. Couldn’t care less about him, either.

He’s a proven cheater though. There’s a difference. That character flaw is measurable as a violation of the rules. 

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Good luck to him. I hope he's learned to putt.

:ping: G400 SFT driver @ 12 degrees

:ping: G410 3-wood @ 16 degrees, G410 7-wood @ 22 degrees, G410 5-hybrid @ 26 degrees,

:ping: G410 7, 8 & 9 irons, Glide 3.0 wedges @ 46, 52 & 58 degrees

:ping:  Craz-E [Platinum) putter

:cleveland: Smart Sole 4.0 C chipper

1 minute ago, Guy In Lyon said:

Good luck to him. I hope he's learned to putt.

I doubt that’s the most important skill he needs to learn. 

Seems like taking a page out of Jamie Sadlowski's book. Good luck to him. Absolutely 100 percent welcome.

He would certainly add color if not depth to the tour, but who knows, might turn out to be an absolute magician with the putter.. 😂

Vishal S.

This is kind of the Tony Finau route, no? Finau had lots of distance, not KB distance, but dialed it down for control.

There's a video at the end of the piece where he doesn't do the rocking thing.

I bet some of the USGA folks are like, gawd, I hope he doesn't get anywhere with this.

I kind of want to see him succeed just to dispel the notion that big burly people have no touch, finesse.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

57 minutes ago, ncates00 said:
He’s a proven cheater though. There’s a difference. That character flaw is measurable as a violation of the rules. 

I didn’t realize whether or not I liked a professional golfer needed to be vetted by the Rules of Golf.

BDC is a repeat offender of 5.6.

22 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I kind of want to see him succeed just to dispel the notion that big burly people have no touch, finesse.

He’s listed as 6’3”, 215. He’s not that big.

Bill

My Swing Thread

37 minutes ago, billchao said:

BDC is a repeat offender of 5.6.

I agree with you there.

However, I’m not going to be so quick to judge a person whom I don’t know just because they play slow, the media portrays him as a “mad scientist,” or he screwed up once in how he dealt with a camera guy.

To me, it’s no different than that one guy at the drive thru that got your order wrong once or like a poster on this forum, like me 😂, who went off and got warning points. Haha. I’d hope we have a little more compassion, or at least patience, for each other than that. 

Note: This thread is 1207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!