IGNORED

Who is the best golfer you've played with?

CusePhil
Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who is the best player you've played with according to their handicap?

• +5 or better
    • 0 to +4.99
    • .01 to 5
    • 5.01 to 10
    • 10+

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is Gore?

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I played with Ben from TST once (+2). It was his consistency that I noticed most.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Thanks man!

As far as my best. Scoring and experience wise, I'd have to say JT Kohut. Dominates the Pepsi Tour out here. Played in this year's PGA Mayacoba event and is playing this week's PGA event too. This guy is solid.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Local guy, a driving range pro. Carded in a 64 at the Willows once - that course, if 500 yards longer and the infrastructure, could hold a tour event. The greens are certainly fast enough...

I played nine holes with him and he shot one under - but he was focused more on what I was doing - I'm sure he could have done better if he was focused on his game only. I'd place him in the +3 range.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

my teaching pro
he hasn't played/practiced much becuz of his personaly life
so probably 5 to 10
ballstriking was a little bit off but his short game was just dead on.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

I've played with Kevin Taylor, aka the Eliminator, from the most recent Big Break.

He works at my home course. Super nice guy and an even better player. He's as laid back as he seems on TV. Last year he shot a 60-61 on the Championship course on back-to-back days (Par 70 - 7000+ yards).

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Tiger, we were in Junior golf together and played against each other in HS.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

i played in a match with a dude who shot a 30 on the front nine, and it was not an easy track. 6 under on nine. yikes. other then that i usually play with pretty low handicappers anywhere from 0-12, but he was by far the best player ive played with.

Skierbri10! that is awesome!
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Skierbri10! that is awesome!

Only problem is that whenever he played I knew I wasn't going to win.....lol Him and another guy last name was Oh battled eachother pretty good. It was always fun to see them go at it on the course.

Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

I play HS golf against two guys who shoot mid 70's on average. They'll probly go on to play in college. My uncle is pretty good too. My first tournament ever I played with him and he won the long drive contest with a 340 yard bomb, and then he also won closest to the pin for a cash prize. So he had a pretty good day

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I play HS golf against two guys who shoot mid 70's on average. They'll probly go on to play in college. My uncle is pretty good too. My first tournament ever I played with him and he won the long drive contest with a 340 yard bomb, and then he also won closest to the pin for a cash prize. So he had a pretty good day

When I was playing HS golf 1990-1993 everyone on my team had some type of full ride offer from a college. I didn't take it and decided to be a ski bum for a few years. I was shooting an average of 78.5 per round and there was a guy that was shooting low 80's he got an offer too. The colleges look for competitive drive, and personality as well as golf game. So keep that in mind if you decide you want to play in college. You don't have to be the best golfer, but be a well rounded one and you will get many offers...

When I was playing HS golf 1990-1993 everyone on my team had some type of full ride offer from a college. I didn't take it and decided to be a ski bum for a few years. I was shooting an average of 78.5 per round and there was a guy that was shooting low 80's he got an offer too. The colleges look for competitive drive, and personality as well as golf game. So keep that in mind if you decide you want to play in college. You don't have to be the best golfer, but be a well rounded one and you will get many offers...

college offer for shooting low 80's? wow! down here you pretty much have to be a flippin 1 cap or lower!

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

college offer for shooting low 80's? wow! down here you pretty much have to be a flippin 1 cap or lower!

Well, that was in the early 90's. I played at a HS in Orange County, CA and our team was the CIF champions for those years, on second thought all but 93.....

I played with Camilo Villegas when I was youngerin Medellin, Colombia. I don`t remember his handicap back then, but he is obviously under par now a days lol....

Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!