IGNORED

2021 AT&T Pebble Beach

phillyk
Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

You could see he clearly dented it. As he walked away, he looked back and hesitated, wondering if he should go back and fix it. He did not. I'm sure it will cost him. 

I think he wanted to fix it, but how do you fix a crater? That's when I think he made the decision that there were no groups behind him and let the greenskeepers do it.

38 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think he wanted to fix it, but how do you fix a crater? That's when I think he made the decision that there were no groups behind him and let the greenskeepers do it.

I think it is wrong to intentionally damage any part of the course at any time, even if last group of the day.  The greens need to recover from the normal wear & tear and adding to that is not just acceptable to me.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, StuM said:

I think it is wrong to intentionally damage any part of the course at any time, even if last group of the day.  The greens need to recover from the normal wear & tear and adding to that is not just acceptable to me.

Well he didn’t pull a Sergio and hammer the end into the ground. He just pounded down the bottom of his putter. I don’t think it really did much damage but I didn’t see the spot up close.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Who is this? I'm terrible with faces. Gonna guess Stuart Appleby?

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.22.48 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

27 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Who is this? I'm terrible with faces. Gonna guess Stuart Appleby?

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.22.48 PM.png

I'm fine with long hair but it doesn't work that well on Stuart.  When he played on tour it was quite short, under a visor.  Kudos to Golf Channel for not asking him to cut it shorter.

I just had the photo to go by. No video. Score me a bingo!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When I first saw him on the Golf Channel I had no idea of who he was.  I kept waiting for a graphic at the bottom of the screen.  I realized he somehow had to knowledgeably be involved in the world of golf.  Finally, the other anchor used his name...

Even though the 16th green made Lashley 4 putt, he should have slammed his putter on the fringe.  But we all have those moments.  Perhaps he should have snapped his putter shaft over his knee, instead.  Does anyone here lip read?  Looks like he had a strong utterance after his last putt went in the hole.

34 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Even though the 16th green made Lashley 4 putt, he should have slammed his putter on the fringe. 

I hate greens that do that. 
They really should come out with a putter throw tutorial as the club-throwing ones don’t really apply as well around the greens. 

Some great examples over the years:

golfclubthrow.jpg

Whether you are weekend warrior or a touring pro, there's one thing we can all...

Edit:

I found a greenside toss doing no damage to the green:

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

4 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I hate greens that do that. 
They really should come out with a putter throw tutorial as the club-throwing ones don’t really apply as well around the greens. 

Some great examples over the years:

golfclubthrow.jpg

Whether you are weekend warrior or a touring pro, there's one thing we can all agree on - golf is...

Funny stuff...

16 hours ago, ncates00 said:

I’m calling it now: Spieth wins the masters this year. I like what I’m seeing in him now. He’s not back to 2015 form, but he’s much better than he has been in some time.

Fast forwarded through 4th round last night. From the limited amount I saw , it looked like Spieth was hitting a fair amount of greens albeit a few from the rough. If anything he didn’t make the most of his opportunities with the putter.

Spieth's SG stats for the tournament. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.02.46 AM.png

His putting let him down, especially in the 3rd round. -1.287 is not good at all. Also, he cooled down with his approach shots and then in the 4th round his tee shots cost him a bit. 

I think he's closer than he's been in a while. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, woodzie264 said:

Bold! I like the enthusiasm and, with Tiger out of the field, would enjoy seeing that as well. 

My prediction is looking better and better. Spieth isn't one of those guys that loses the next week just because he won the previous week. In fact, I think it lights the fire and confirms what he's been doing. I like him a lot next week.

Note: This thread is 1132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!