IGNORED

Giuliani Tells a 'Joke' Michelle Wie Reacts

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Rudy looked like a dirty old man in the clips I've seen from the latest Borat movie. This guy has gone from "America's Mayor" to a raving lunatic. He seems to be losing his mind.

giphy.gif.d984f6f75cec7db145a3c21b8c7ffdb8.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Which is the reason I left Tweeter years ago. It’s a cesspool. FB is too. I am now into antisocial networking. 

Uhm, Isn’t TST is a form of social networking?

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Is that and a hundred other things. It’s not all bad by any stretch.

Not all bad of course, but bad enough. Perhaps it’s part of my grumpy old man transformation.

- Shane

The issues is the that it is one thing to notice something but perverted to search it out and try to get a sneak peak.

Edited by StuM
Not showing my comment??

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 minutes ago, StuM said:

Uhm, Isn’t TST is a form of social networking?

In a way, yes. The no politics rule makes TST more tolerable, and the subject matter is mostly more specific. The membership limited to people with a common goal which is to attempt to get better at this stupid game that we all play. The moderators here do an excellent job at keeping the foolishness at bay. 

• Like 1

- Shane

As to this topic which I have highjacked for my distaste of social media platforms (sorry moderators), I could care less what he said about Miss (Mrs.?) Wie. I don’t know either one of them personally and probably never will. I don’t know what his intention was in saying what he did, and I am not going to pretend to. As far as I’m concerned, this is an issue between the two of them, and they need to work it out. Or not...

- Shane

58 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

As to this topic which I have highjacked for my distaste of social media platforms (sorry moderators), I could care less what he said about Miss (Mrs.?) Wie. I don’t know either one of them personally and probably never will. I don’t know what his intention was in saying what he did, and I am not going to pretend to. As far as I’m concerned, this is an issue between the two of them, and they need to work it out. Or not...

Carl, I 100% agree with you about social media. I pay attention to it only because I have kids and do my best to stay current on what they are using and doing on-line. 

I also agree with you that this forum is more of a golfers' hangout than a traditional social media platform. Not only that but you and I are allowed to have exceptions to our rules. 

Lastly, I agree with you again about Michelle and Rudy. I could NOT care less about their issues. I was simply shocked by the fact that somebody who is in the public eye would totally step in it the way Rudy did. I know for a fact he hasn't been living in a cave for the last 40 years, but his comment certainly made it seem as though he has. I was just plain old dumb. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

If Michelle Wie truly objected to men noticing her panties were showing when she bent over to putt, wouldn't she wear skirts that didn't allow her panties to show when she bent over to putt?

• Booooooooo 2

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Lastly, I agree with you again about Michelle and Rudy. I could NOT care less about their issues. I was simply shocked by the fact that somebody who is in the public eye would totally step in it the way Rudy did. I know for a fact he hasn't been living in a cave for the last 40 years, but his comment certainly made it seem as though he has. I was just plain old dumb. 

It just seems odd to me that people want to obsess about it on social media. I heard a lot of guys making comments about her stance in the locker room or on the course, and those comments were further in the gutter. 

- Shane

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

If you had read her response, you might have noticed that she discusses her choice of attire, the Nike skirts with shorts built in.  These "skorts" are pretty common for women golfers of all ages, including my own wife.

I read the referenced article.  The fact she was wearing "skorts" is not mentioned.  Sounds like something akin to those tiny little skirts female ice skating competitors wear?  If so: Then Giuliani was indeed letting his imagination run away with him.  The "panties" portion of those skirts are always quite modest.

I do agree Giuliani could have made his point in a more subtle, more chivalrous manner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Dude.

That’s only a few steps away from “that woman was asking for it, did you see how she was dressed?”

Actually that’s basically what you just said.

Good grief.  

If a woman, or a man for that matter, dresses in a manner designed to be attractive to others and to emphasize their own physique, we’re now told that it’s impolite to notice?

Looking isn’t even remotely connected to the type of physical assault you’re talking about.  It’s not steps away.  It’s a planet away.  And yes, if I dress up, I am hopeful that my wife, or anyone else interested, looks at me in appreciation.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Good grief.

No, not "good grief."

img.jpg?width=980

No, The Way I Dress Is Not Me Asking To Be Raped
140224210631-carol-costello-new-portrait

Carol Costello: It doesn't matter what Hannah Graham was wearing when she went missing. Saying men are provoked to assault by revealing clothes is a myth

“Don’t dress in revealing clothing, because then you’re asking for it.” How many times have you heard something similar to that?
7b04b4b199d5e5ca1dead2a4367b-are-rape-vi

Speak your mind about the role of attire in rape cases. Find out of your peers think a provocatively dressed woman is
5a3bdc78150000144449cf9b.jpeg?ops=1778_1

If it were socially acceptable to wear anything, what would you wear? That’s what one woman who was shamed for wearing a pencil skirt to work, want...
32 minutes ago, David in FL said:

If a woman, or a man for that matter, dresses in a manner designed to be attractive to others and to emphasize their own physique, we’re now told that it’s impolite to notice?

"Noticing" very clearly is not the issue here.

32 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Looking isn’t even remotely connected to the type of physical assault you’re talking about.  It’s not steps away. It’s a planet away. And yes, if I dress up, I am hopeful that my wife, or anyone else interested, looks at me in appreciation.

Hard disagree there.

Sorry. But no. This wasn't just a case of someone noticing her under-skort "shorts" were short.

It's beyond that.

Rudy Giuliani didn't just "notice" or "appreciate" anything here. He went beyond that.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Rudy Giuliani didn't just "notice" or "appreciate" anything here. He went well beyond that.

There is a difference in looking and making really bad comments. 

I understand that our eyes are drawn to look at certain areas of the body. That is just human nature. Its completely different in using it as an excuse to justify really bad behavior. Its completely different to use it as a way to demean the opposite sex. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, not "good grief."

img.jpg?width=980

No, The Way I Dress Is Not Me Asking To Be Raped
140224210631-carol-costello-new-portrait

Carol Costello: It doesn't matter what Hannah Graham was wearing when she went missing. Saying men are provoked to assault by revealing clothes is a myth

“Don’t dress in revealing clothing, because then you’re asking for it.” How many times have you heard something similar to that?
7b04b4b199d5e5ca1dead2a4367b-are-rape-vi

Speak your mind about the role of attire in rape cases. Find out of your peers think a provocatively dressed woman is
5a3bdc78150000144449cf9b.jpeg?ops=1778_1

If it were socially acceptable to wear anything, what would you wear? That’s what one woman who was shamed for wearing a pencil skirt to work, want...

"Noticing" very clearly is not the issue here.

Hard disagree there.

Sorry. But no. This wasn't just a case of someone noticing her under-skort "shorts" were short.

It's beyond that.

Rudy Giuliani didn't just "notice" or "appreciate" anything here. He went well beyond that.

I specifically said that looking is miles away from rape.  You said the two are only steps away.

When someone, male or female, dresses provocatively, of course they’re not inviting assault, but they certainly are asking that their manner of dress is noticed, and presumably hoping that it’s appreciated.

We’ve come to a sad place when people can’t distinguish the difference.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
Just now, David in FL said:

I specifically said that looking is miles away from rape.  You said the two are only steps away.

Nope. We're talking about what Giuliani said, not his "looking."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!