IGNORED

Giuliani Tells a 'Joke' Michelle Wie Reacts

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Apparently Rudy Giuliani was reminiscing with Steve Bannon about a round of golf with the late Rush Limbaugh, published after the fact on Bannon's podcast.  Apparently the one thing Giuliani remembered was Michelle Wie's putting style, and the view it offered.   Michelle has reacted through Twitter, taking exception with Rudy's comments, and suggesting that her skill as a player should be more important than her physical appearance..

Michelle-wie.jpg?w=640

Michelle Wie West took to Twitter on Friday night to express outrage over a story former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani told on Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast Thursday. “Do you have time for …

Twitter is, as always, abuzz!

As always, this should not be viewed through a lens of politics, but it raises a bunch of questions.  I'm going to leave it there, and hope the TST members can discuss this with an appropriate level of sensitivity.  I'll add my own feelings in a little bit. 

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I think we can put politics safely aside and say Rudy has had a heck of a come down since his days as mayor of NYC and the Mafia Commission trial.

Yeah, but I am surprised by how dense he has turned out to be. 

Honestly, I don't see what is there to discuss. 

Vishal S.

33 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

My precious GIF 

He’s turned into this.

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

30 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

One topic this brings to my mind is how we "evaluate" golfers, how we separate physical attractiveness from performance on the course.  I've always thought of Michelle Wie as a very attractive young woman, and at the same time admired her golfing skills.  I don't believe she's ever specifically "used" her appearance (ala Paige Spiranac) as a route to success, although I'm sure her appearance has made her more valuable from a sponsorship and endorsement standpoint.

I'm a guy, and not a young one.  I notice the physical appearance and clothing of women players.  And I'll be honest, I may from time to time, in the right company, mention how attractive a player is.  I'll also mention how attractive I find some musicians, or actresses, or restaurant workers, or whatever. Hopefully I will always refrain from commenting on a woman's underwear, even in the company of a bunch of male friends.  And I'll definitely avoid those comments when in front of a camera.  Giuliani is a buffoon.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

One topic this brings to my mind is how we "evaluate" golfers, how we separate physical attractiveness from performance on the course.  I've always thought of Michelle Wie as a very attractive young woman, and at the same time admired her golfing skills.  I don't believe she's ever specifically "used" her appearance (ala Paige Spiranac) as a route to success, although I'm sure her appearance has made her more valuable from a sponsorship and endorsement standpoint.

I'm a guy, and not a young one.  I notice the physical appearance and clothing of women players.  And I'll be honest, I may from time to time, in the right company, mention how attractive a player is.  I'll also mention how attractive I find some musicians, or actresses, or restaurant workers, or whatever. Hopefully I will always refrain from commenting on a woman's underwear, even in the company of a bunch of male friends.  And I'll definitely avoid those comments when in front of a camera.  Giuliani is a buffoon.

Ok, I can identify 100 percent. But it's not even about golfers but women in general. It's hard to not notice when something attractive is right front of you. I get it.

I believe the difference between you (as well I personally know you) and RG is what you said in your second paragraph. The filter between head and mouth is completely missing. It's either because there is a of complete lack of tact or because he is a straight up dick.

I am thinking its both. It's sad because there was a time as @mcanadiens pointed out, when we looked up to him. 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 3

Vishal S.

There’s a difference between admiring how attractive another person is and simply being lewd. This is pretty skeevy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Twitter is, as always, abuzz!

Which is the reason I left Tweeter years ago. It’s a cesspool. FB is too. I am now into antisocial networking. 

Edited by CarlSpackler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Shane

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I'm with you on this. 
What the Hell was he thinking????

In all honesty, what a stupid thing to say. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Y’all disappoint me.

The only time I ever used to watch the LPGA tour was to watch Michelle Wie putt back in the day!  😂

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

30 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The only time I ever used to watch the LPGA tour was to watch Michelle Wie putt back in the day!  😂

I find no fault with you there! But you weren’t a high profile political personality discussing it on a public interview.....I don’t think any of us mortal men would fault with the old man for not turning his eyes away (as we would all be guilty at times)...just dumb to discuss it publicly 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
7 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Which is the reason I left Tweeter years ago. It’s a cesspool.

Is that and a hundred other things. It’s not all bad by any stretch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

Is that and a hundred other things. It’s not all bad by any stretch.

Its why I am very specific with who I follow on Twitter and have my settings pretty strict. Its also why I never read comments at all. Twitter with out comments would probably be way better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Its why I am very specific with who I follow on Twitter and have my settings pretty strict. Its also why I never read comments at all. Twitter with out comments would probably be way better. 

Twitter is all comments. You can choose who you care to read though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Giuliani is a classic example of a buffoon and a sexist one at that. In his twisted brain he probably thinks Michelle wie is an exhibitionist also.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

14 hours ago, David in FL said:

Y’all disappoint me.

To appreciate the female form is totally fine. It works both ways; My wife/sister/mom have all admitted to me that they enjoy certain NBA players because the men are super fit and have great bodies. Obviously beach volleyball, women's tennis, even figure skating and Hell, ballroom dancing, enjoy some benefit from the fact that they often have attractive participants. 

Having said that, there's a difference between saying "I enjoy watching fit females perform at a high level because I find them very attractive" or something like that. 

RG said something stupid about her panties and sounded not only like a perv but did so on a forum which he had to know would be rebroadcast for the masses.... to which I say "WHAT AN MORON!" 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 1146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!