IGNORED

Restarting Fast?

Note: This thread is 1112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't had a day off since February, let alone touched a golf club. Now rather suddenly, I'm playing a specific person at Yankee Trace on Tuesday. Not sure I'll avoid the office anytime between now and then, but I at least ought to get to the range a time or two.  Damn shame I never had a chance to get those old clubs of mine re-gripped. 

In the same situation what things would you do to ramp back up as quickly as possible?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you don't have time to get to the range till the day you are playing, try and get to the course as early as possible when you play.  Then, try and hit balls at the range before your game.  It will hopefully help get your swing back in rhythm and make that day's game good.

The other thing of course is swing a club or clubs at home whenever possible till then.  I assume you will have enough space to take swings, even if you can't hit a ball.

Finally, practice your short game as much as possible before the game.  That is where you will lose the bulk of your strokes

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

41 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Damn shame I never had a chance to get those old clubs of mine re-gripped. 

Regripping your clubs yourself isn't that difficult.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

11 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Regripping your clubs yourself isn't that difficult.

I'm sure it's not, but that's one of many things there has been no time for.

Don't see it getting done by Tuesday.

7 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I haven't had a day off since February, let alone touched a golf club. Now rather suddenly, I'm playing a specific person at Yankee Trace on Tuesday. Not sure I'll avoid the office anytime between now and then, but I at least ought to get to the range a time or two.  Damn shame I never had a chance to get those old clubs of mine re-gripped. 

In the same situation what things would you do to ramp back up as quickly as possible?

Hell...just have fun and swing smoothly.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Short swings. I’d try to play basically 3/4 flighted shots. Focus on contact first and foremost.

And what @Vinsk said. Keep your expectations low and don’t get upset that you’re not playing your best.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Low expectations. Bill's club up suggestion isn't bad. Swing free and smooth would be more my approach.

Also, def warm up the day of. Unless you start off hitting insanely bad shots, don't try to get back to your in-form shape, trajectory, and direction. Just figure out where your free and smooth swing shot is going. For me often that's a bit different for short irons, long irons, and driver. And play that all day.

• Like 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

11 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I'm sure it's not, but that's one of many things there has been no time for.

Don't see it getting done by Tuesday.

That’s too bad. My usual place usually does it same day—sometimes tell me to just hang around for a while (usually if it’s not my full set). Small town life.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

13 hours ago, billchao said:

Short swings. I’d try to play basically 3/4 flighted shots. Focus on contact first and foremost.

And what @Vinsk said. Keep your expectations low and don’t get upset that you’re not playing your best.

Actually got to the range last night and that's exactly what I focused on. Cold and windy, but it was great to be out of the office and on the range.

Sort of more Inbee Park and less Dustin Johnson. Hit some nice ones and the bad ones weren't too bad. 

I don't need to beat this guy on Tuesday, but I do want to get around the course. Hopefully, I'll get out there one more time and be able to hit the short-game area a bit. It would be nice to do some bunker work with the course we will be playing.

Note: This thread is 1112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!