IGNORED

2021 Women's US Open at Olympic Club

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

who the heck is the woman commentator on USGA featured group?
Drives me nuts. She likes to babble a lot.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is the first year the Women's USO is streaming on usga.org? I don't remember what year it started streaming the WUSO live.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'm quite enjoying watching this. Love the course, and I hope they keep this tough setup and don't pussy out and make it easier.

Rooting for Michelle Wie West. Has she gone back to a freer flowing less restrictive swing? Gusta.

Colin P.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Rooting for Michelle Wie West. Has she gone back to a freer flowing less restrictive swing? Gusta.

It’s much better.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Also, whose head is up their ass so that they're not showing all of this leading amateur's shots? Nobody cares about Christie Kerr

Edited by colin007
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Also, whose head is up their ass so that they're not showing all of this leading amateur's shots? Nobody cares about Christie Kerr

Her mom does!

I like the course too. The WGT Golf game has this course. It’s hard! They seem to focus too much on a few groups and not spread the coverage around enough with the LPGA.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

I agree with you.

I cut them some slack though. I do think the LPGA is in a tough place. There seem to be a number of viewers who only want to see names they recognize. While at the same time the broadcast somehow needs to develop new stars. It puts them in a tough spot. They are torn between highlighting some of the exciting young talent that nobody's heard of and highlighting some of the names that people know even if they aren't in the hunt. 

Personally, I'm a fan and consider myself at least somewhat knowledgeable about the sport. So, I'd prefer they show folks in the hunt and/or newer folks hitting great shots. But they probably don't care that much about my opinion. They already have me watching. They need more stars who move the needle. I know this topic has been beaten to death in other threads. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Nobody is “in the hunt” yet. It’s round one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Nobody is “in the hunt” yet. It’s round one.

You can't win it on day one.

I may not have chosen the correct words there. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

What a round by the 17 y/o amateur. She sounded so mature in her interview too. Would love to see her keep up the good play.

• Like 1

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Almost a hole out. I think this may be a case where the flag actually prevented a hole out. Maybe?

From the Women’s US OPEN today. 

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

That ball was moving fast.

I don't watch a lot of women's golf, but I've seen some ATROCIOUS iron shots these past few days, like hitting an approach from 112 yards that only goes 85 yards. Is it the course conditions or pulling the wrong clubs?

Colin P.

Figuring out where to watch this is a pain in the butt. Peacock? No. Golf Channel? No. NBC. This is the modern world of media and streaming.

• Like 1

Steve

Nice that Golf Channel is part of YouTube TV, don’t have to pay add on fee. Guess that’s because of the mergers. 

Rooting for amateur Ganne. Stole a  par on the first. 

Steve

Note: This thread is 1061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!