IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

@iacas, should we (perhaps you, or can anyone do it?) reset the Away Courses tab in this year spreadsheet? It currently has last year's data. Thanks!

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Holes 3 and 6.  (4/18)

870167989_hole32022.jpg.8debfb875db54bd1ace57795832ca849.jpg152222221_hole62022.jpg.f92de8e2510793fcc6c54677ded7a7a6.jpg

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
6 hours ago, sjduffers said:

@iacas, should we (perhaps you, or can anyone do it?) reset the Away Courses tab in this year spreadsheet? It currently has last year's data. Thanks!

Oh, away courses, sure. Done.

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hole 15. 5/18.

1458163726_hole152022.jpg.a338a286765f4ed4c96d522fb264d609.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

10 holes completed. Helped that made 5 birdies in 9 holes on Tuesday. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

3 birdies on an away course today, set up by 3 nice approaches (ie no heroic putting).

• Thumbs Up 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

What a day.  Two birdies and two very near misses where I missed the putts by inches.

Third hole is 368 yard uphill.  Miserable tee shot pulled left onto the sixth hole and just past the green.  Maybe a 125 to 150 yard shot at best.  Hit my 4 hybrid and it was a better shot but still not all that great.  Low but managed to get me around the 50 yard marker.  PW which dropped on the green and I walked up to find it in the hole.  Luck admittedly but still happy with it.

Then came the sixth hole.  Had just finished triple bogey on five, thanks to an OB.  525 yard hole that goes up and then down, but overall net downhill.  Great tee shot of around 275 or so.  Brilliant 4 hybrid downhill and I was inside the 50 yard marker though had gone off the fairway to the right.  Awesome chip from there to within a foot and a tap in birdie.

Two other holes had putts within 5 to 10 feet and missed the putts for birdie 😊

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Thought I had another birdie to record, but it was one that I'd already marked for this year.....just missed a shortish putt for birdie on a different hole that would have been good for a mark....good putt, just burning. the edge on the high side....oh well.  The year's still young.

FINALLY! I got #16! 

Three birdies today. Hole 3 was a 145 yarder with 9 iron to 10 feet and an uphill putt. Hole 14 was driver, 4 iron into bunker, splash to 6 feet for a 4. Finally, the nemesis 16 with a 3 wood pulled into the left bunker, hit a perfect pw to 8 feet under the hole. Played it just outside the left edge and DRAINO! The only hole left from last year has been conquered! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

So far this year I've got 4 birdies, and I'm happy that I knocked out #16 and #17, which are two holes I struggle with, early in the year (also when conditions are the crappiest). I've also birdied #6 and #13, which are the two easiest holes on the course IMO. The only hole I've yet to score par or better is #1, with bogey being my best score so far.

I'm predicting now that #1, #2, #11, and #14 are the holes that will be most difficult for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday I was blanked. Played the back tees today and knocked off 2 really hard ones. Hole #2 playing 385, I hit Driver to 100 yards and Lob wedge to 8 feet and had a downhiller for the birdie. On 17, which plays 350 and tight, hit 3 wood to 100 yards and Lob wedge to 7 feet just below the hill and it hit the low lip and circled in for birdie #2.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

Who killed the Google Doc?

Not me, but the home course tab is empty all of a sudden.

New birdies on holes #4, 5, and 14* yesterday.

*I'm still deciding whether or not I want to count #14, because the hole has a temporary green due to maintenance that is at least 120 yards short of the actual green, so birdie doesn't sit right.

I also had a rare GIR on hole #1, and about 12 feet for birdie, and then 3-putt bogey. That one will haunt me for awhile.

-Peter

• Administrator

This is one of the possible issues with a public Google sheet.

It's back now. I restored it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, pganapathy said:

Another birdie today.  The 14th on my home course is a dogleg right par 5.  Probably around 300 yards or so it turns 45 degrees right and total distance is touch over 500.  Pulled my tee shot left and into the 16th fairway.  Didn't have a direct line back onto my fairway but was able to hit a 4 hybrid onto the 12th fairway which is right of the 14th.  Landed up around 100 yards from the green and PW hit the green and stopped within 5 feet and a fairly easy putt.  Touch of break from left to right but able to hole the putt

Yet another birdie today.  Haven't played for over 3 weeks since the beginning of February when I had to leave my clubs at my in-laws place due to lack of space in the car.  Came back yesterday morning and the first thing I did after dropping MIL off was pick up my clubs and put it in the car.  Today, tiredness be damned, I needed a round of golf.  Not a great round overall but the birdie was a great feeling.  Hole 16 is a 360 or so yard par 4.  Straight and two fairway bunkers between 200 and 250.  Managed to cross the left side bunker and just in front of it with driver.  Around a 100 yards from the green and a PW was a touch left of the green.  Probably about a foot off the green on the fringe and more or less 5 to 10 feet above the pin.  Probably a 20 foot putt with left to right break and a bit downhill.  Decided to putt it and holed it :banana:

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

my home course only has 9 holes, but we do sometimes walk them twice to get the 18 in (mostly we play 9 though). Does that count here as well, with the 2nd 9 only being filled in, when we actually make it an 18 hole round?

cheers Chris

On 1/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, pganapathy said:

Another birdie today.  The 14th on my home course is a dogleg right par 5.  Probably around 300 yards or so it turns 45 degrees right and total distance is touch over 500.  Pulled my tee shot left and into the 16th fairway.  Didn't have a direct line back onto my fairway but was able to hit a 4 hybrid onto the 12th fairway which is right of the 14th.  Landed up around 100 yards from the green and PW hit the green and stopped within 5 feet and a fairly easy putt.  Touch of break from left to right but able to hole the putt

Another birdie on the sixth today.  A 550 or so yard par 5.  Goes up initially and then down.  Net the hole is downhill.  Tee shot wasn't great but got enough distance that I could go over the trees and towards the dogleg right.  That was a good and downhill shot.  Left myself about 110 or so yards and hit a 9 iron thanks to the headwind.  Dropped it pin high and maybe ten foot putt.  Rolled it in

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

Added a new birdie on #9 today. Hit a "good enough" tee shot, in the left rough. Because the hole is left to right dogleg, and severely uphill and the hill blocks the view from the left side of the hole, I couldn't see the green. I picked a tree top to aim at, and flushed an 8-iron somewhere in the direction of the green. When our group got to the green, there were two optic yellow balls (one of the guys in my group plays Srixon, I play Snell) on the green, one about 20-feet and one about 12-inches. The Snell was the 12-incher, so I tapped in for birdie.

-Peter