IGNORED

Weird Golf Ball Colors

Note: This thread is 761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've rarely needed to mark my golf ball in any way. For about 5 years now I've played the sherbet orange Volvik Vivid. Nobody I play with uses one. So, it's super easy to identify. I once got paired up in a tournament with a guy who played the orange Volvik Vivid. ... Believe it or not there's a difference between the orange and the sherbet orange. So, even then I had no problems. 

This year I've switch golf balls and now I have the Srixon orange/yellow divide. Orange-Golf-Balls.jpg.765946d1a428ea509806a91563a9a388.jpg

I'm betting that I have very few issues identifying my ball. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

And you have a problem with white belts…

Yes, obviously. 

White belts are no good for old guys or fat guys. ... really guys in general. But especially old guys and fat guys.

Golf balls that have sherbet orange color on them were designed specifically FOR old guys. I like them because I can see them. 

I WANT to be able to see my golf ball. I DON'T WANT to be able to see Phil Mickelson's waist line. ... See, it's very simple really. 👍😁👍

14 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

For about 5 years now I've played the sherbet orange Volvik Vivid. Nobody I play with uses one.

My wife uses this exact ball!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

My wife uses this exact ball!

I like her already. 

Oooo.... Taylormade is trying to earn my business. If they just made the stripe sherbet orange they'd have something here.

N76386_zoom_D.thumb.jpg.b281370ad3f82eaf9f1ed3647813e7ea.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yes, obviously. 

White belts are no good for old guys or fat guys. ... really guys in general. But especially old guys and fat guys.

Golf balls that have sherbet orange color on them were designed specifically FOR old guys. I like them because I can see them. 

I WANT to be able to see my golf ball. I DON'T WANT to be able to see Phil Mickelson's waist line. ... See, it's very simple really. 👍😁👍

At least you don't spell it (incorrectly) as "sherbert" (hopefully you pronounce it properly too).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I've rarely needed to mark my golf ball in any way. For about 5 years now I've played the sherbet orange Volvik Vivid. Nobody I play with uses one. So, it's super easy to identify. I once got paired up in a tournament with a guy who played the orange Volvik Vivid. ... Believe it or not there's a difference between the orange and the sherbet orange. So, even then I had no problems. 

This year I've switch golf balls and now I have the Srixon orange/yellow divide. Orange-Golf-Balls.jpg.765946d1a428ea509806a91563a9a388.jpg

Love it!

I play with Snell MTB Black in Optic Yellow and, in addition to the fact that I like the ball (which is at a great price point), few of the people I play with use yellow golf balls and none use Snells. Marking problem solved. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

3 minutes ago, Bob M said:

Love it!

I play with Snell MTB Black in Optic Yellow and, in addition to the fact that I like the ball (which is at a great price point), few of the people I play with use yellow golf balls and none use Snells. Marking problem solved. 

See, Bob gets it. 

Way to go, Bob. 

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

At least you don't spell it (incorrectly) as "sherbert" (hopefully you pronounce it properly too).

Well, speling has allways ben my strong soot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I put an “S” on my Snell to the left of the number. Seemed pretty unique until I played with @billchao last year and he put a “B” in a similar spot.

I write the “B” under the number.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

I write the “B” under the number.

Well when you’re 62 and need reading glasses, you may see them as similar!😜

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I found one of those once. Drove me nuts. It looks like it's wobbling when you putt.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oooo.... Taylormade is trying to earn my business. If they just made the stripe sherbet orange they'd have something here.

OMG!  Next thing you know they'll be making soccer ball golf balls...

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I get this.  I had bought a dozen white, orange and yellow Inesis Soft 500 golf balls for my parents since I got it at a decent price (11 dollars a dozen) but they rarely seem to use them so I am now using them.  Normally I mark my golf balls by using a marker and putting my initials (KGP) on them, but I am the only playing these brightly coloured balls on our course.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

@ChetlovesMer Did you find that the colorful matte coating reduces glare for better focus with high visibility on the course? Obviously I am talking sherbet orange marketing here! 

product

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

23 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

@ChetlovesMer Did you find that the colorful matte coating reduces glare for better focus with high visibility on the course? Obviously I am talking sherbet orange marketing here! 

product

I don't know... it still looks like an Autumn leaf to me.  I could look right at it and not see it.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I don't know... kit still looks like an Autumn leaf to me.  I could look right at it and not see it.

It reminds me of the old Tampa Bay Bucs uniform. They were nicknamed the "Creamsicles." 

image.jpeg.85389f027e7e7e01f890b7e7af157db5.jpeg

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... and, except for that one year, they played like creamsicles.

While they played in "The Big Sombrero." I remember them giving tickets away for $12 bucks when I went to the University of South Florida. 

14 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

While they played in "The Big Sombrero." I remember them giving tickets away for $12 bucks when I went to the University of South Florida. 

We played the University of South Florida golf team once on a spring southern tour and we were "creamed" by them.

Note: This thread is 761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!