IGNORED

Attempting to Hit a Draw Is Turning Me Into Mr. Dumpy Diapers…

Note: This thread is 759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright. So here's the data from the last three sessions.... just so everybody realizes while I'm hitting great, the vast majority of my clubs circumvent visit normal , while I'm hitting very great perhaps ten yards farther for my irons.. So I'm simply attempting to secure in the draw. My regular swing is a blur. First meeting, slight head wind. Hitting a few pretty fair draws. Second meeting, slight tail twist, however generally right to left, tremendous draws. Today it was so still you could likely hear a ball arrival off a 500 yard tee shot, couldn't barely bend the ball. What truly gets me is the point at which I over misrepresented the in to out activity on my swing a scarcely got any bend. Yet, what was weirdest was I had a ton of these shots that began right and, surprisingly, began to bend back left however at that point they halted recently begun flying straight just subsequent to seeming to start bending back. So they turning out to be all the more a push. What was more unusual was the point at which they arrived at the Apex of their flight and began to fall they floated from left to right. However, there was zero breeze and they started bending from right to left before they slowed down... it occurred again and again. Probably the weirdest ball flights I've at any point seen. What's happening?

It’s difficult to tell without seeing your swing. Start a My Swing thread in the Member Swings section. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, baseballbbcor said:

Alright. So here's the data from the last three sessions.... just so everybody realizes while I'm hitting great, the vast majority of my clubs circumvent visit normal , while I'm hitting very great perhaps ten yards farther for my irons.. So I'm simply attempting to secure in the draw. My regular swing is a blur. First meeting, slight head wind. Hitting a few pretty fair draws. Second meeting, slight tail twist, however generally right to left, tremendous draws. Today it was so still you could likely hear a ball arrival off a 500 yard tee shot, couldn't barely bend the ball. What truly gets me is the point at which I over misrepresented the in to out activity on my swing a scarcely got any bend. Yet, what was weirdest was I had a ton of these shots that began right and, surprisingly, began to bend back left however at that point they halted recently begun flying straight just subsequent to seeming to start bending back. So they turning out to be all the more a push. What was more unusual was the point at which they arrived at the Apex of their flight and began to fall they floated from left to right. However, there was zero breeze and they started bending from right to left before they slowed down... it occurred again and again. Probably the weirdest ball flights I've at any point seen. What's happening?

Were these range balls? They can certainly give you some interesting ball flights. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

40 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Were these range balls? They can certainly give you some interesting ball flights. 

This is what I was thinking as well.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, baseballbbcor said:

Alright. So here's the data from the last three sessions.... 

Where is the data? If someone says they are providing data I am expecting things like a printout of launch monitor data, not just a couple sentences worth of observations. That does very little to help us identify what your issue is.

just so everybody realizes while I'm hitting great, the vast majority of my clubs circumvent visit normal ,

... My regular swing is a blur

wtf do those parts in bold actually mean?

What truly gets me is the point at which I over misrepresented the in to out activity on my swing a scarcely got any bend. 

Based on what? What was your swing path normally and what was your swing path when you "over misrepresented the in to out activity" ? Because good chances are you weren't actually shifting your club path nearly as much as you thought you were.

Probably the weirdest ball flights I've at any point seen. What's happening?

You didn't give us hardly any information to go off of. No swing/ball data, no video, just a couple sentences describing ball flight of various driving range sessions. Driving range balls are notoriously bad too as others have mentioned.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

I'm less sure of what's happening in this topic than I was watching the Oscars "highlights" yesterday morning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. It could be the range balls. Cull out the old smooth ones. They can travel like a knuckleball in baseball. It's not worth hitting them. Choose only the newer balls that have well-defined dimples.  

Until my course put in the stupid ball dispensing machine I would hand pick each and every range ball for my session.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's not worth hitting them.

You can still hit them as a warm up, check your ballstriking, etc. Just don’t judge anything based on the flight.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, baseballbbcor said:

You may want to consider explaining your question in simpler terms?

Also some video would go a long way to us being able to help you. I'd suggest down the line video in this case. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!