IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

I had an issue the other day where it had me hitting driver off the tee, but I used my 3 hybrid. When I tried to edit the tee shot, it wouldn’t let me. I will send in an inquiry to them and see what they come up with.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is anyone still manually writing down putt distances or paces to help with getting the pins and putts right? 

I ask because like some others have mentioned with the pin collect sometimes the putts and pins are dead on and sometimes they are way off. So how do people keep track so they can edit after?  

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, DaMoose90 said:

Is anyone still manually writing down putt distances or paces to help with getting the pins and putts right? 

I ask because like some others have mentioned with the pin collect sometimes the putts and pins are dead on and sometimes they are way off. So how do people keep track so they can edit after?  

I just remember them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, DaMoose90 said:

Mine have been really good lately. I was actually going to ask if Shot Scope did something to make the pin collect more accurate? Because when I've uploaded the last couple of times, I've been seeing them really close to where they were. 

My usual method is to upload the round right there at the course as soon as I finish. Then I'll edit the round as soon as I get back home. It's normally pretty easy for me to remember the pin placements. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

I just remember them.

Yeah I remember about where they were and approximate distance but I would not trust myself to remember every one of my putts accurately enough. Been pacing them off and writing them down all year before I got shotscope so maybe I'll continue to do that until I get a better sense 

Edited by DaMoose90

15 hours ago, DaMoose90 said:

I still write mine. My scorecard looks like this:

• Score
  • # of putts/distance of first putt
  • Fairway hit or direction of miss
  • GIR
  • Penalties

I don’t write down the distance of the holed putt because it’s usually a tap-in and longer ones will stick out in my head.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

I still write mine. My scorecard looks like this:

• Score
  • # of putts/distance of first putt
  • Fairway hit or direction of miss
  • GIR
  • Penalties

I don’t write down the distance of the holed putt because it’s usually a tap-in and longer ones will stick out in my head.

That's helpful thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Weird stuff after the watch sync with my phone today. For every shot that I hit with hybrid, shotscope tagged the shot with a generic 13-degree hybrid that isn't even in my bag (my hybrid is 17 degree, and has the H1 tag). Also tagged the two 6-irons I hit with PW. Easy enough to fix post-round, but never had that happen before.

It also took the watch about 10 minutes to find the GPS satellites, but I don't think this is related to the tagging issue.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

12 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Weird stuff after the watch sync with my phone today. For every shot that I hit with hybrid, shotscope tagged the shot with a generic 13-degree hybrid that isn't even in my bag (my hybrid is 17 degree, and has the H1 tag). Also tagged the two 6-irons I hit with PW. Easy enough to fix post-round, but never had that happen before.

It also took the watch about 10 minutes to find the GPS satellites, but I don't think this is related to the tagging issue.

You’re using the watch, not the H4, correct?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

41 minutes ago, billchao said:

You’re using the watch, not the H4, correct?

Yeah, watch user for now, until it breaks and then I'm planning to switch to the belt device.

I saw @boogielicious had a similar but not exactly the same issue, so wonder if there is something going on with the shotscope cloud after syncing the round from the device to phone.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• 1 month later...

Purchased the H4 today - if anyone is considering, the price is $129.99 (might be a black friday sale), and you can add the THESANDTRAP code to get another $19.50 off. Total cost $110.49.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

-Peter

5 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Purchased the H4 today - if anyone is considering, the price is $129.99 (might be a black friday sale), and you can add the THESANDTRAP code to get another $19.50 off. Total cost $110.49.

Great price.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...

H4 arrived today. Honestly I was shocked by how small it is, basically same size as the watch, just slightly thicker, maybe 1.5-2X as thick. On one hand, I like the tinyness because that leads me to believe I won't notice it clipped to my belt. On the other hand, it seems like it might be easy to lose in a golf bag or in the garage.

Got it all set up for my round tomorrow, I wonder how long it will take me to adapt to manually tagging vs. the watch which automatically tags.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

16 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

H4 arrived today. Honestly I was shocked by how small it is, basically same size as the watch, just slightly thicker, maybe 1.5-2X as thick. On one hand, I like the tinyness because that leads me to believe I won't notice it clipped to my belt. On the other hand, it seems like it might be easy to lose in a golf bag or in the garage.

Got it all set up for my round tomorrow, I wonder how long it will take me to adapt to manually tagging vs. the watch which automatically tags.

Congrats.   You will probably miss a few tags.    Don't worry.   Try to set up a routine.   It may take some time.   The magnet is strong but I wish there was a Kevlar string attached to the device.   I've not had mine fall out though.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

16 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You will probably miss a few tags.   

More than a few, lol. Score at the end of my round, pre-editing, was 64, and after editing it was 82. Plus there were also a bunch of tee shots that were automatically added, so I'm guessing I missed between 25-30 tags total. I'm sure I'll get used to it though once I am unaccustomed to the automatic tagging watch.

I'm also so used to the watch that I kept checking my wrist out of habit.

I like the device a lot. My only minor complaints are:

• I didn't like taking it on/off the clip on my belt to use as a distance measuring device (at least in winter when my layers cover my belt, so I am going to see about attaching the clip to my bag or push cart somehow.
  • The vibration is subtle, but once I got a sense of the frequency/duration of it I could tell when the tag was successful.
  • It is small, but I only fumbled and dropped it once.
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

Tried clipping the H4 to my bag with the shitty carabiner that came with the device. The carabiner worked fine and didn’t break but I missed even more tags than last round…so many that I just turned the H4 off after realizing I hadn’t tagged for several holes in a row.

Back to the belt next week, and I'm going to work on adding the tag into pre shot routine. 

-Peter

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Tried clipping the H4 to my bag with the shitty carabiner that came with the device. The carabiner worked fine and didn’t break but I missed even more tags than last round…so many that I just turned the H4 off after realizing I hadn’t tagged for several holes in a row.

Back to the belt next week, and I'm going to work on adding the tag into pre shot routine. 

Just tag it when you take out the club and walk over near your ball. And if you're not sure, either look at the screen or just tag it again — deleting extra tags later on is not that difficult.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets