IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I went to the PGA Superstore outside Atlanta and had my Taylor Made driver regripped for $1. (It's the best golf store around. About the size of Dick's Sporting Goods, but nothing but golf equipment) Then ordered a Titleist hat and shirt for $27 on ********** (China). They're knockoffs, but quality is good and they're much cheaper than buying in the states.

- Disc Golfer

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a obscenely big freakin' putter grip.  Really liking it a lot.  (Yes, I did check ahead of time if it would fit in the slots on my bag.....if I'm careful.....if I rotate the putter just right when pulling it out).

I had a Jumbo Lite and this is like double that.  Everything I've done over the last couple years has been to take out my hands from the stroke, I have more and more hand overlap and bigger and bigger grips.  So I decided to take my 'best' grip position so far, and then find the biggest grip that I can use with it and still have be very comfortable.  Practice with the new setup and I'm a lot more consistent and centered.

Went back and forth, and back and forth, with this one and the Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 (very similar size and shape).  That tiny bit of taper on the Winn is just right for me.

And I'm not a fan of the amount of white on the Fatso - it'll get dingy.

One thing I don't like, is that for a grip over $20, the store wouldn't install free.  But I did it at home and it turned out better, the way I grip is just a touch off of square, so it's 'exactly' right for me...and this store only offered the black and the blue grips, I would have liked the red....

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just bought a pre owned Taylor Made RBZ stage 2 19* hybrid from GlobalGolf. Got a great deal, as usual.. :-D

This club will replace my Adams 19* hybrid..

Went to the local pro shop to get my old irons fitted, turns out I hit them dead center, and I thought they needed to be bent about 2 degrees upright, saved me some $$$, so I trashed the new decade grips, cuz they were tearing my hands up, and had new Golf Pride CP2 midsized grips installed...Very nice grips..

Picked up a new grip for my SW.

Fact: The grip cost half the price of the SW itself. It's a cheap SW, but hands down my favourite/best club.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Just stopped in today and picked up a PING G-20 3Wood and 5 Wood, both with SR shafts. Brand new closing them out and I got them both for less than a new PING 3Wood in G-30. I am a happy camper.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Having just gotten back into golfing, need just about everything...Last Friday picked up a complete set of Adams Idea from Golfsmith. Then the following Monday picked up a Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 putter, a Box of Calloway Chrome Soft Golf Balls, and some tees...just need to find a good pair of shoes, and a few other goodies, and will be ready (if it ever thaws out here in Jersey, LOL)!

My wife and kids got me a new golf bag for my birthday.  I was still using my original bag, a Jones Sport stand bag that I bought over 20 years ago.  The stand mechanism still works great, but the pockets on the bottom were pretty much completely ripped off.

So my family got me a Taylor Made SuperLite bag.  It seems pretty good, although in the current arctic weather, I haven't even loaded my clubs into it.

http://instagram.com/p/zP4Sd3rQ7m/?modal=true

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

About new golf shoes, I wore Dry Joys for a long time, and recently began to have foot pain. Changed shoes to the more Athletic style Foot Joy, looks like an athletic shoe, and I will never wear traditional styles again!

Foot comfort is absolute must!!!

About new golf shoes, I wore Dry Joys for a long time, and recently began to have foot pain. Changed shoes to the more Athletic style Foot Joy, looks like an athletic shoe, and I will never wear traditional styles again!

Foot comfort is absolute must!!!

Thanks, Have to agree, I tried on a pair of the New Foot Joy Hyperflex's the other day, wow! So comfortable, and light! Will probably end up going back for them.

I had a $10 reward certificate from Dick's Sporting Goods and I caroused the golf section for quite awhile.  I had to spend it or it would get lost or run out.  I had a Phil Mickelson dvd in my hands for a bit but put it back.  I went for the tried and true when all else fails approach.  I bought the buy 1 get one free Maxfli U6 LC golf balls.  I need them like another hole in the head.

I should have put it towards a Super Stroke putter grip but I did not have it with me.  Maybe next time.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

-1 box Callaway Supersoft balls. (Love them) -33 in. Odyssey white hot pro rossie. Switched from the Odyssey white ice 9 because the rossie seems so much smoother to me. Gonna stick with the stock grip after using superstroke grips for so long. Really like how the smaller grip feels in my hands. havent touched anything other than a superstroke for more than 2 years

Went to PGA Superstore to get my old copper Ping putter regripped. As an aside, I found a guy on Craigslist selling old Ping putters real cheap. I bought a Beryllium Copper Ping Pal2, and a regular copper (CU 5) putter at $22 for both! The beryllium copper putter averages about $60 on ebay. What a score!

- Disc Golfer

Just got a Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 3 wood from the Taylormade pre-owend site.  It is in excellent condition and got it for $60.  I also picked up a new Nike Covert VRS 3 hybrid.  Bought it from Dick's website for $20. I think they had it listed wrong the day I happened to be looking because now its $120.  Finally, also just arrived today was 4 dozen Taylormade Lethal balls.  Now if the snow will just melt I can go play.

Just got a Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 3 wood from the Taylormade pre-owend site.  It is in excellent condition and got it for $60.  I also picked up a new Nike Covert VRS 3 hybrid.  Bought it from Dick's website for $20. I think they had it listed wrong the day I happened to be looking because now its $120.  Finally, also just arrived today was 4 dozen Taylormade Lethal balls.  Now if the snow will just melt I can go play.

Share the news about the Dick's deal next time, haha. Someone mentioned it happened a few months ago too. I'd be all over that for that price.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball