IGNORED

LIV Defector Predictions for 2023

dzjc

So here's who I'm see going to LIV next year.  Some of these predictions on comments players have made in the past year or so.  For example, Morikawa and Schauffele have admitted they never watched golf and know next to nothing about the history of the PGA Tour.  Thus, they're prime candidates for defection, as they have no interest in creating a legacy on the PGA Tour.  However, I don't see Morikawa moving to LIV for now.  Anyway, here's what I predict:

- Xander Schauffele (He and Patrick are attached at the hip, so if one goes, the other will follow.)

- Patrick Cantlay

- Cameron Young (He's a great young talent, but doesn't look golf it's fun to him.)

- Adam Scott (Norman wants him real bad, and I think he'll finally accept Norman's offer.)

- Corey Conners (Just a hunch, but after a disastrous President's Cup, he might take the money if offered.)

There could be others, but this is a start.

Dale

20 minutes ago, dzjc said:

Adam Scott (Norman wants him real bad, and I think he'll finally accept Norman's offer.)

I heard that Adam Scott said the only reason he has not gone to LIV is because of the OWGR points needed to get into major tournaments. Unless he knows LIV will be getting OWGR points immediately, and he will be able to maintain his ranking to play in majors, I don't think he will go...unless he decides he can no longer compete for a major and wants to sell out.

I think Cam Young said something similar about wanting to win a major, complete in Ryder cup, etc.

One thing I do know is that we can't take what a player says at face value anymore, so who knows.

25 minutes ago, dzjc said:

Corey Conners (Just a hunch, but after a disastrous President's Cup, he might take the money if offered.)

I doubt a poor President's cup performance would be the determining factor. Haven't heard Corey Conners mentioned in any LIV rumors, or recall any of his comments about LIV, but I also stopped paying attention to the rumors.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couldn’t this topic just be merged into the LIV Golf thread?

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, dzjc said:

For example, Morikawa and Schauffele have admitted they never watched golf and know next to nothing about the history of the PGA Tour.  Thus, they're prime candidates for defection, as they have no interest in creating a legacy on the PGA Tour.

Your conclusion is illogical, just because maybe they didn't watch golf as children it doesn't follow that "they have no interest in creating a legacy on the PGA Tour."

Edited by No Mulligans

Xander won the gold in the Olympics. I think that shows he has more passion than money with playing golf.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I worry the most about Hideki. He’s one of my favorite Tour players, he’s an international superstar from a golf-mad country, and he is essentially a black box when it comes to his intentions. 

Him leaving would be a huge, huge blow

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• iacas changed the title to LIV Defector Predictions for 2023
On 9/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, jbishop15 said:

I worry the most about Hideki. He’s one of my favorite Tour players, he’s an international superstar from a golf-mad country, and he is essentially a black box when it comes to his intentions. 

Him leaving would be a huge, huge blow

The thing about Hideki is s that even even if accepted, say, 400million, that could end up COSTING him money.

That money is already there for him over the next decade or so with endorsements etc. which he wouldn’t want to lose.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Adam Scott a moderate defector risk.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Shorty said:

The thing about Hideki is s that even even if accepted, say, 400million, that could end up COSTING him money.

That money is already there for him over the next decade or so with endorsements etc. which he wouldn’t want to lose.

He could earn more than that if he captains a "Japan team" potentially in the LIV series.

Them canning all the Japanese players though may say that they've stopped going after Hideki.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Them canning all the Japanese players though may say that they've stopped going after Hideki.

That’s true. They’ve quite probably done him a favour in a roundabout way.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I don’t think it matters.  While there are definite “stars” on the tour, aside from a handful, the tour has been pretty much a revolving of names.

And there will always be a shiny new toy that gets hyped; i.e. Tom Kim.

And fan favorite fortunes flip.  I remember when Koepka was the big thing, and Homa was struggling.

There is so much parity that there may never be another truly dominant player.

While the same money might not be there on the PGA Tour, there will always be a nearly endless stream of replacements that can get hot and may capture the hearts of the fans… for a season or two.

John