IGNORED

2023 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Just like the 20222021, and 2020 topics, we're gonna do it again here in 2023!

Once again, I'd like to birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2023 (and maybe every numbered hole on other courses). I'd like you to join me on this quest. This year's spreadsheet is below:

rkFCrCidHxZmz5XqVjEO9FCTp2azQNugchYHz3Ew

Home Course <a href="https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/111394-2022-tst-birdie-challenge/">The Birdie Challenge Topic on TST</a> Name,Course,Location,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 Erik...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a score on the holes as you play them, update your line in the spreadsheet with your ringer score, basically. The idea is to score a birdie or better on each hole on the course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

Please leave the formatting as is. And note that you only write down one score - if you birdie a hole a few times, you aren't writing down -3. It's just your best individual score for each hole.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

If you truly play a TON of different courses, then follow these two guidelines:

• If you just play a lot of golf, but still get 20 or 25 (or more) rounds in on one course, consider making that your home course and just doing the birdie challenge there.
  • If you truly play only 20-40 rounds per year, and never more than a handful at the same course, consider trying to birdie holes numbered 1 to 18 across all of your courses. Or even doing it twice. Yeah, some hole #17s will be easier birdies than others, but that's why you might do it twice.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

Let's go!!! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Never3putt said:

Got in my first round of the year and I carded 3 tweeters... Par 4 #6, par 4 #9, and par 5 #11.  

Thank you for adding it to the sheet. You're off to a good start!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’ve had a good start to the year. 3 rounds under par and an eagle in less than a week. I really hope this sticks around. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Just put myself in! I’ll be playing Downback (the course at Methodist) for a lot of the next year so I put that as my home course.

There are a few holes that are gonna be pretty tough to snag a birdie on (9 and 16 in particular come to mind) but I’m excited to see how far I can get!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Added and ready to drop some birds!!

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Not played any golf since November but got a round coming up this weekend.  Been very busy with family visits and other functions.  Hoping to have a couple of birdies this month with a potential tournament end of Jan.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I am once again only doing the away composite for the year.

Despite playing very poorly most of the trip, I did manage to make two biridies, #11 at Atlantic Dunes and #12 at Hilton Head National.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, billchao said:

I am once again only doing the away composite for the year.

Despite playing very poorly most of the trip, I did manage to make two biridies, #11 at Atlantic Dunes and #12 at Hilton Head National.

When do we get to hear more about your trip? (In that topic, I mean?)

Just now, iacas said:

When do we get to hear more about your trip? (In that topic, I mean?)

It won’t be until next weekend at the earliest. I have some stuff to deal with and then the usual back to work things.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well, after about 6 rounds and halfway through January, I only need to birdie 4 holes. I wish a monthly birdie challenge were something I could do but my playing opportunities go way down during summer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Well, after about 6 rounds and halfway through January, I only need to birdie 4 holes. I wish a monthly birdie challenge were something I could do but my playing opportunities go way down during summer. 

At least you have playing opportunities this time of year. I have 12”+ of snow outside my front door. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Three rounds in and birdied #5 first round, #7 second round, and eagle on #7 third round.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My first birdie of the year and just a couple of days before I play my first tournament of the year.  13th hole at Zioh Hills Golf Course.  A short par 3.  About 320 or so yards and hit a nice driver off the tee.  Bit downhill so maybe 10 yards of extra run but was around 50 or so yards from the green.  Half a pitching wedge and it dropped quite close to the flag, maybe around 10 feet.  Quite a straight putt and I holed it.  YAYYYYYY

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Birdied #12 today from the back tee...It's a short hole at 361, but has a treacherous tiered green. Smoked a low cutter around the corner to 80 yards. Gripped down on the 58 and hit 15 feet above the hole, but spin and slope brought me back to pin high. Made the side hiller from 8 feet with about a foot of break. 

• Thumbs Up 1