IGNORED

Your All-Time, All-Sports Mount Rushmore

iacas

14 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I didn't do the survey, ESPN did. 

They asked people to name their top 3 favorite sports and this is what came of it. Only 20% of sports fans put baseball in their top 3. If baseball doesn't do something soon, soccer will definitely pass it. It could slide to 5th. Possibly 6th or even 7th, as more people are also mentioning MMA and golf in their lists of favorite sports. 

Or you can look at ratings. 

• Superbowl (okay we all know you can't compete with the Superbowl) gets a 50-60 share. In general more people in America watch the SuperBowl than vote in Presidential Elections. 
  • Normal NFL games get high teens.
  • NFL Pregame shows get 9's and 10's. 
  • College Football playoffs get 20's and 30's.
  • Normal College Football games get 5's through 10's. 
  • NBA playoffs get high teens.
  • Normal NBA games get 7's and 8's. 
  • The Worlds series gets 6's and 7's. (1's and 2's outside the cities which are participating in the WS.)
  • Normal baseball games that have the Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees, or Cardinals get 2's and 3's. 
  • Normal baseball games without those teams barely register. 

Just saying Baseball has become a regional sport. Meaning if your team ain't playing, you ain't watching. Which is not true of the NFL, NBA and College Football. 

What about Pickleball and Cornhole, the two most popular sports in the galaxy!!!!!😜

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What about Pickleball and Cornhole, the two most popular sports in the galaxy!!!!!😜

Is there a Cornhole Mount Rushmore? 

👍😁👍

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

19 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Just saying Baseball has become a regional sport. Meaning if your team ain't playing, you ain't watching. Which is not true of the NFL, NBA and College Football. 

Playing 162-game seasons does make it pretty hard to care about your average Royals-A's regular contest. That's not new. I don't think most people have ever spent a lot of time watching teams that they don't follow. I'll confirm for you that if it isn't the Reds, I really don't care and never did. 

The whole NBA thing pretty much misses me, but football at the NFL or very top college levels is different. There's a lot more weight behind each game. So as an Ohio State fan (for instance), that Bama game in October can take on huge importance. The NFL is in a rather particular place, in part, because it lends itself very well to gambling. Personally, I hold the line there at low-stakes fantasy football, but it makes every single NFL game significant. 

Anyway, I wasn't really originally thinking we were making a distinction between NFL football and college football, which is why I questioned it.

3 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Playing 162-game seasons does make it pretty hard to care about your average Royals-A's regular contest. That's not new. I don't think most people have ever spent a lot of time watching teams that they don't follow. I'll confirm for you that if it isn't the Reds, I really don't care and never did. 

The whole NBA thing pretty much misses me, but football at the NFL or very top college levels is different. There's a lot more weight behind each game. So as an Ohio State fan (for instance), that Bama game in October can take on huge importance. The NFL is in a rather particular place, in part, because it lends itself very well to gambling. Personally, I hold the line there at low-stakes fantasy football, but it makes every single NFL game significant. 

Anyway, I wasn't really originally thinking we were making a distinction between NFL football and college football, which is why I questioned it.

Yeah, it's an interesting discussion. 

When I was a kid, Baseball was the number one sport in the country. Interestingly enough, boxing was number 2. 

Today baseball is financially sound due mostly to local TV contracts. The local networks need live sports. Baseball has tons or content. To your point, they play a sh!t-ton of games. 

Here's their biggest issue. Only 4% of baseball fans (meaning people who regularly tune into to watch.) are under 18. I did an informal survey of my 13 year old son's friends and only one of them had EVER seen a baseball game on TV. None had ever seen a World Series game. Now, its true I'm on East Coast time so the time zone thing does hurt. But still that's a bad sign for baseball because they'd all watched many NFL, College Football and NBA games regularly. 

Just curious.  Is Mount Rushmore for your favourite or for the best.

If favourite I would say the folowing.

Football: Cristiano Ronaldo

Basketball: Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Tennis: Roger Federer

Cricket: Wasim Akram

F1: Kimi Raikonnen

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I'll do mine and buck the golf trend. As a Welsh lad I imagine my sports/selections will be a bit different

Golf: Rory 

Rugby: Adam Jones

Basketball: Jordan

Ice Hockey: Frank Pietrangelo

My personal rushmore.

Rory over Tiger as although Tiger was great for the sport his off-field antics etc have a negative impact. Rory to me is a great rep.

Adam Jones was a tough call vs Leigh Halfpenny but both national treasures.

Jordan just because of work rate over his years, immense athlete and good attitude throughout.

Imagine most dont know Frank, he played for Manchester Storm when I was about 12. He was the main goal tender for my first few live games then he got injured and was in the box next to us. Spent the entire game chatting to me, signing my jersey, he defined a player of the people to me. Far beyond what you just see on the ice.

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

5 minutes ago, IceMike said:

Imagine most dont know Frank, he played for Manchester Storm when I was about 12. He was the main goal tender for my first few live games then he got injured and was in the box next to us. Spent the entire game chatting to me, signing my jersey, he defined a player of the people to me. Far beyond what you just see on the ice

Yeah. Definitely wouldn't think many would pick Pietrangelo out. 

Spend most of his career bouncing back and forth from the minors and the NHL before he headed overseas, but he saved Pittsburgh's bacon in 1991 against the Devils after Tom Barrasso got hurt. 

1 hour ago, pganapathy said:

Just curious.  Is Mount Rushmore for your favourite or for the best.

It is what ever you want YOUR Mount Rushmore to be. 

15 hours ago, Beastie said:

No matter how much I have tried, and I have tried, I cannot grasp Cricket

14 hours ago, Beastie said:

I realise that you are mainly from North America, so for balance I have selected a Rest of the World Mount Rushmore (ROTWMR) 

Don Bradman(cricket)

Eddie Merckx (cycling)

Diego Maradona (football)

Lewis Hamilton (F1). 

Also a female Mount Rushmore. 

Annika Sorenstam (golf)

Serena Williams ( tennis)

Jacqui Joyner Kersie (athletics)

Simone Biles (gymnastics)

I dont think enough people know and appreciate the talents of Maradona and Simone Biles. Having a kid that plays each of those sports, I have been exposed to both those athletes. If not on GOAT Mount Rushmore, they both should get their own statues in front of it!

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, IceMike said:

My personal rushmore.

Rory over Tiger as although Tiger was great for the sport his off-field antics etc have a negative impact. Rory to me is a great rep.

Adam Jones was a tough call vs Leigh Halfpenny but both national treasures.

Jordan just because of work rate over his years, immense athlete and good attitude throughout.

You call Tiger out for his off-field antics but then say that Jordan has a good attitude?? C'mon man that doesn't seem logical.

Jordan's attitude issues and off-court issues are well documented. 

Why does Jordan get a pass but not Tiger?

9 minutes ago, Elmer said:

No matter how much I have tried, and I have tried, I cannot grasp Cricket

It's kinda like baseball but with no foul balls and a base path in a singular straight line instead of 4 base paths in a square.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV