IGNORED

Best Course in Your City/State

BallCrusher
Note: This thread is 4320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I realize you said that PA is huge, but are you nowhere near Merion or Oakmont?

Here in Texas, it would probably be Champions in Houston or Whispering Pines. In Dallas area, it would be Preston Trail, Brookhollow or Dallas National. Haven't played National yet, but PT and BH are worth their fare.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Number One course in New Mexico. Paako Ridge Golf Club

We have a number of other really nice courses as well.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Michigan we have a ton to choose from so I broke it into private vs. public. Private is Oakland Hills South Course. It is about 15-20 minutes from my house. The best public is probably Arcadia Bluffs in Northern Michigan. It's about 3 1/2 hours away. Shepherds Hollow is a great course as well and is only 10 minutes from me.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

In Michigan we have a ton to choose from so I broke it into private vs. public. Private is Oakland Hills South Course. It is about 15-20 minutes from my house. The best public is probably Arcadia Bluffs in Northern Michigan. It's about 3 1/2 hours away. Shepherds Hollow is a great course as well and is only 10 minutes from me.

hey... you just copied off my earlier post...

Have you played Oakland Hills... I haven't had a chance, but I did play Indianwood and it is pretty decent. I've heard Crystal Downs is better than Oakland Hills too, but again I haven't played it either.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I live in California, so...

Probably:

1) Cypress Point
2) Pebble Beach
3) Olympic Club (in San Francisco)
4) Spyglass Hill
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

hey... you just copied off my earlier post...

Funny thing is, I went right to the end and posted then went back and read more of them. I have played both the South and North Courses. To be honest, I actually liked the North more. Franklin Hills is also very comparable to Oakland Hills South. They just don't have the history that the South Course has. that is why I would give the South the edge.

I played Indianwood about 10 years ago. It is great. I just got a postcard in the mail from them that they are selling 30 memberships for only $5000 each. When I was working in Lake Orion 10 years ago, it was like $30,000 to join. Times are tough. I believe they are hosting the US Senior Open in a few years. They likely need to increase revenue in the meantime.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Here are 2 courses I've never played b/c they're just RIDICULOUS to join & now they don't even let members bring guests.

Pine Valley - #1 course in the US
Baltusrol - #2 course in NJ & nationally ranked

of all the courses I've played in NJ so far, my favorites are
Crystal Springs, Ballyowen & Great Gorge

there's also my favorite cheap course...that's like $50 with a cart but the course has 3 different 9's that are all maintained well
Farmstead Golf Club

Favorite links - Highbridge Hills - RIDICULOUS!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I realize you said that PA is huge, but are you nowhere near Merion or Oakmont?.

no, if I'm not mistaken Oakmont is close to Pittsburgh and that's roughly 2 1/2 hrs away from me....I'm only 7 miles over the PA/MD line....

In NY private Sebonack and Shinecock Public The Black and Montauk Downs.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I live in South Carolina so Thornblade or The Cliffs or any course in Myrtle beach Longbay is my favorite

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

Here are 2 courses I've never played b/c they're just RIDICULOUS to join & now they don't even let members bring guests.

Are you serious? Can't bring guests? That sucks!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm guessing most would say Bandon Dunes and Pacific Dunes are the best in the state, but Oregon is loaded with 5 star courses:

Eagle Point Golf Club
OGA Golf Course
Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club
Running Y Ranch
Sandpines Golf Links
Crosswater Club
The Reserve Vineyards & Golf Club
Aspen Lakes Golf Club

Are just a few of them.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

In state is definitely TPC Sawgrass

In Ocala I'd go with the newest and one of the cheapest, Stone Creek
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

best public in Maryland is Pete Dye's Bulle Rock (though not always my favorite); best private (and best overall) would be Baltimore Country Club (Tillie's Five Farms) and the blue course at Congressional (host of the 1997 and 2011 US Open and Tiger's tournament).

I played Bulle Rock last year, just after the LPGA championship and although the course was very nice, I don't know if it was $150 nice. I have played at some other courses in PA and NJ that are on par with Bulle Rock but at a cheaper rate.

Pine Hill - NJ ($80 off-season - $125 peak season plus twilight rates available) The Course at Glen Mills - PA ($95 peak)

I'd like to take a survey and find out what is the best golf course(s) in your city or state? My two favorite courses here in Nevada are ShadowCreek and Montreux.

Have you really had the opportunity to play Montreux?? If so...I really envy you

I have to agree on Montreux being on of the top courses here in Nevada, but I can't really say anything on our southern courses as I haven't had the chance to play any. I will, however, get the opportunity to play Cascata this summer for the Nevada State Mid-Amateur. It normally runs $500 a round, according to their web site (which won't load right now...). Crazy stuff.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I'd like to take a survey and find out what is the best golf course(s) in your city or state? My two favorite courses here in Nevada are ShadowCreek and Montreux.

I dont live in nevada but my uncle does and ive played with him there at Angel Park(Summerlin) and ive asked him about the nicest golf courses there and he says shadow creek is John Wyns's course for his super high rollers is that true

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

In Massachusetts the two best are probably The Country Club at Brookline and Myopia Hunt.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 4320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!