IGNORED

Is This Ethical? Version 3.0

Big C

Is this stealing?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you self report a Chipotle error in your favor?

• Yes
    • No

My grandson works at a McDonald's in Illinois.    I posed the question to him.   He said this is common behavior where he works.   People walk in frequently and ask for sauce without buying anything!    I was/am shocked.   It is something I would never consider.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, snapfade said:

If I'm at the nudie bar and sitting next to a group of Japanese business men and they are paying every girl there for a lap dance is it unethical of me to look? I mean they are only 3 feet away, I don't really see the harm. I have to look somewhere.  Am I taking money out of their garter belt? Will they not make their trailer payment this week?  

This is a different business model.  Looking at the girls is a loss leader.  The money is made from overpriced drinks and the lap dances.  So there is no ethical quandry in looking at the girls.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Nope. Socks in the wash. Just about every restaurant/fast food place has screwed me over, especially since food delivery service began, without compensation. We come out even.😁

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, pganapathy said:

This is a different business model.  Looking at the girls is a loss leader.  The money is made from overpriced drinks and the lap dances.  So there is no ethical quandry in looking at the girls.

Maybe I need to re-think.

since us paying customers are covering the cost of the small thefts then I/we have actually paid for them already so I/we have the right to take some, in fact the owe them to us.  

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

My grandson works at a McDonald's in Illinois.    I posed the question to him.   He said this is common behavior where he works.   People walk in frequently and ask for sauce without buying anything!    I was/am shocked.   It is something I would never consider.

Oops, my prior post included the wrong quote. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

since us paying customers are covering the cost of the small thefts then I/we have actually paid for them already so I/we have the right to take some, in fact the owe them to us.  

🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, Big C said:

If they don't ask and simply ring me up for the single meat price, I do not correct them. 

Is that ethical?

If for some reason they make the mistake to charge you with a triple meat would you complain?
If the answer is no, the you can maybe have a pass on this one. Some days you win, some days you loose. At the end you are even with the store. 
If your answer is no, then you can call it unethical.

I always check my receipt when paying at a restaurant.  Once I was charged for a cheaper bottle of wine, and I told the server that the price was incorrect (by a lot).  I had them correct the error (in their favor).

If I order an item knowing the price, then I will bring it to server's attention even if the error was in my favor.  I don't want the server to have to fork over the difference, if the error is discovered later.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

What if you asked for the 10-year tawney and that is what showed up on your bill, but your palate knows you were served the 30-year? Would you enquire whether it an error with the bar tender or whether they were they signaling their appreciation?

45 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

What if you asked for the 10-year tawney and that is what showed up on your bill, but your palate knows you were served the 30-year? Would you enquire whether it an error with the bar tender or whether they were they signaling their appreciation?

I really love Port, but I would tell them. Maybe they would let it slide for my honesty.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I really love Port, but I would tell them. Maybe they would let it slide for my honesty.

That was my attempt at satire/sarcasm 🤣. I did have the opposite happen and got an apology from the manager.